Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.
Can i merge my chat tabs together?

Like Guild with Faction etc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

Doggir posted:

Unfortunately no, the chat system is awful currently

Well that really sucks.
Fighting two npc's killing one then moving onto the next one which is right next to the dead one always brings up the loot options and thats annoying.

Also: How in the hell do you have J Todd coleman, Gordon Walton, and Josef Hall and between the three of them they cant make a simple chat system?

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Patch day?

--
General

The gold dropped from level 1-25 Wartribe NPCs has been reduced. Some New Player Experience quests have had additional gold rewards added to compensate for this
Improved Server stability
Adjusted the darkness of heavy rain during Fall
--

Thank god they adjusted the darkness of heavy rain fall. That light rain was a deal breaker for me...

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

malhavok posted:

God that dumb newbie quest gives you so much poo poo but I'm sick of running it after doing it twice and getting VIP. So much stuff though.

Vip?

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Zotix posted:

The more I play the game, the more obvious how much better Shadowbane was in 2003 than this is in 2021. With all the problems they had with that game, it's insane how much more complete that game was. The balance in this game is loving god awful too.

If Shadowbane had the graphics and movement controls Crowfall has, i would of played the gently caress out of that game.

Also i would change the Crowfall UI and use the Shadowbane UI.

I hate Crowfalls UI.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

If this has been answered before in this or the other thread, sorry..

Is it better to just make a toon dedicated to crafting and just vault share everything ?

I think i heard the guinea pig race is the best.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

100 degrees Calcium posted:

I played for a few hours tonight and my suspicion is the new player experience isn't doing the game any favors. I know it's a tutorial, and I'm personally grateful to get a chance to learn the systems before I'm thrown in the deep end. But it's long, and the thing I'm seeing most consistently is the combat feels... floaty? Is that wrong? I don't know if it's because I'm playing a Duelist but my feeling right now is that the combat doesn't feel very good. There's the possibility that the campaign systems make up for it, but a new player wouldn't be blamed for being skeptical and impatient before the game really proves itself.

Nobody really want's to do a 11 hour newbie tutorial where the combat sucks..

Players quit mid tutorial cause they get bored.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Hasselblad posted:

Well this is embarrassing.
I have been rushing through the tutorial with a duelist, have been up for well over 24 hours, and went right past L5 when I got my pistol, and completely missed where it explains how to actually USE the pistol. I have it equipped but haven't the slightest clue how to shoot the damned thing.

In unrelated news, I turned my graphics down to medium, turned off shadows and a couple other things, and STILL am getting crippling FPS drops depending where I am at and what my camera has in view. Mainly happening in towns, but also happens when out in the wild and looking at mountains in the distance.

The UI is still as unintuitive as ever. I haven't a clue what the little arch of stars is all about above the bottom bar. Slowly figuring things out but holy hell is it a slog.

Just wait till you start crafting....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Cutedge posted:

The fact that there were apparently layoffs at ArtCraft and no one has even posted here about how the game is pretty much dead is probably pretty telling.

https://massivelyop.com/2021/09/06/crowfall-studio-artcraft-has-apparently-suffered-a-round-of-layoffs/

rip crowfall 2021-2021

:ughh:

But the crafting and the 8 hour newbie intro was .....