Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Hello, this game seems fun and not as DoA as I assumed it would. I have only been able to play a few hours but gathering and crafting loops are rad, and group PvP has been pretty excellent when I have engaged in it.

I'm the leader of Cawful for some reason even though there are, by my estimation, two other goon groups that are more knowledgeable and active. We should all be able to work together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Some quick notes for everyone coming to grips with gathering and crafting and other stuff:

1. Get the grey discipline rune asap, since it lets you equip runestone tools needed to get the next tier one.

2. The aforementioned green rune drops from harvesting rank 5 and above nodes in PVP zones. For crafting, it is a random drop from making completed items- not components.

3. Making potions and kebab skewers for your harvesting should be standard procedure.

4. Killing thrall souls (blue ghost guys at night) gets you minor runes and soul fragments which are worth snagging.

5. Killing elite mobs (animals and monsters) has a chance to drop special crafting gear for certain recipes. Get 'em whenever you can.

Edit: Restating this since people are missing it and it is not stated clearly: if you have VIP you can leve to 25 and/or respec for free at the gaea tree in the Earth temple in God's Reach.

Capntastic fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jul 22, 2021

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Lorem ipsum posted:

AFAIK only elites and better actually drop runes. The ones in the dregs can drop major rune fragments

That seems to follow my recollection better.

I defer to Lorem on most matters!

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

We are going to be focusing on Dregs now.

US West.

It seems easy to hesitate and overthink it but I just hopped in and it seems like friendship is the beat gear you can get.

The other thread should be locked

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

So the first round of dregs campaigns are over, and despite Cawful being on the scoreboard and set to get some modest rewards, they changed the scoring rules to deal with people exploiting the system meaning we get nothing. Oh well.

Prepping now for the Shadows campaign ruleset which should be more sane. We'll be focusing on US West again.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

We're on the US West Brandoneon server for this campaign. Feels a bit better with faction support.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

malhavok posted:

Is the guild active? I think the other goon guild died off mostly

Xolotl and I have been trying to get on a few times a week, and a few orhers have been tagging in. I'm holding out hope that if we get a few consistent folks it'll be somewhat self sustaining.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

100 degrees Calcium posted:

I forgot to mention, if anyone wants to hit me with their uh... CrowLink before I play tonight, that would be super appreciated.

My display name is capntastic I think that's what you enter in

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

malhavok posted:

There was never really enough of us around to have consistent numbers at any time of day. I was really hoping we could have a good old fashioned goon swarm going in this game but it just didn't attract enough players.

That was more sole reason for wanting to consolidate under CAWFUL- as soon as things splintered day one I knew it would be acid to getting a swarm on.

Three groups of two semi-focused players is gonna be less fun for everyone than one group of four consistent players.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Yeah, rip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

As someone that was excited for the game since it was kickstarted: I was hoping there were posts confirming they pulled the plug on this quietly