Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
CAGE VS STARKS 22 18.33%
CAGE VS HARDY 7 5.83%
PAGE VS DARBY 61 50.83%
THE MAGICAL GIRL VS THE BAD GIRL 11 9.17%
MOX VS KARL 13 10.83%
SAM VS WHEELER 6 5.00%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

What a show. Seems EVERYBODY is over but I'm really curious how they do the Orange Cassidy match next week. I think he's the one whose character/storyline suffered the most without fans. Because if it doesn't how do you retool him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

Jordan7hm posted:

Speaking of, is that promo up online anywhere yet? That’s one to share.

e: lol literally in that post up there. The graphic threw me.

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1415480591605194754

edit: oh whoops I had missed your edit

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Next few days/weeks are going to be interesting; tomorrow is 90 days following the April 15 WWE releases, which included Billie Kay, Peyton Royce, and Kalisto.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I don't want to see the blade use brass knuckles ever again. Shits corny and played out. He should slap a dude with a big ol bone with or without meat on it. Like a tomahawk steak or a Ren fest turkey leg.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I hope Archer beats mox and drops the title ina random Texas indie

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

It's seeming like every TNT champ will be given a way to put their stamp on the title in some way. We've had 4 champs and 4 belts so far.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I don't want to see the blade use brass knuckles ever again. Shits corny and played out. He should slap a dude with a big ol bone with or without meat on it. Like a tomahawk steak or a Ren fest turkey leg.

I won't hear such disparaging remarks about The Power of the Punch gimmick

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Meat Man Johnny Hungie gets a TNT Title made out of meat.

It's eaten by that dude that at Hangman's cake

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

magiccarpet posted:

What a show. Seems EVERYBODY is over but I'm really curious how they do the Orange Cassidy match next week. I think he's the one whose character/storyline suffered the most without fans. Because if it doesn't how do you retool him?

I don't think OC is ever going to have problems being over with live crowds

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Heel Orange Cassidy tries really hard and wears a tweed jacket and pressed slacks

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Heel Orange Cassidy tries really hard and wears a tweed jacket and pressed slacks

"Frozen Concentrate" Cassidy

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Yuka/Penelope was a good match and entertained me more than anything else on the show. Glad others felt the same.

:hmmyes:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Orange Carlisle posted:

I don't think OC is ever going to have problems being over with live crowds

I have a suspicion that OC takes the TNT belt when it's time for Miro to move on

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Hollywood Cassidy is the third friend, brother

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I have a suspicion that OC takes the TNT belt when it's time for Miro to move on

He needs a Denim strap belt with an orange ribbon

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

his name's blade, not butcher. he should be stabbing people

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

OC’s should either be blank or Fast & Furious themed, but always in his jansport

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
brass knucks are cool

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Dynamite loving owned, even if things like Darby and Page going into the crowd and Mox entering via the crowd still give me the willies given we're still technically in a global pandemic.

Ricky Starks' tights are super over with old ladies in Osaka.

I love how they're integrating the IWGP belt and just treating it like something perfectly normal, same as with the NWA women's belt in prior times as well, and Excalibur giving us the names Prince Devitt and Bad Luck Fale on AEW TV makes me smile.

I don't think Jungle Boy was being setup for a heel turn there, just had a bit of resting upset face.

oh hey they did something where a heel watching something in the back actually leads to a promo! innovation in the facing-a-TV space!

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I know the ops are art but the rankings link is a 404. Here's the new one.
https://www.allelitewrestling.com/aew-rankings

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

harperdc posted:

oh hey they did something where a heel watching something in the back actually leads to a promo! innovation in the facing-a-TV space!

Yeah that was really well done.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
Hell yeah! Stroke Daddy all day

https://twitter.com/tde_gif/status/1415468845914066945

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Starks is great. NOLA represent

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
this whole show kicked loving rear end

the crowd was lava all loving night. i bit twice in the first two matches. so mox prolly drops the iwgp title next week? also uh is britt a face now? starks/cage was motn i couldn't believe the crowd reaction. egos edge into the steps owned. andrade cuts a mean-rear end promo. new tnt belt palette swap looks great. everyones gear tonight also looked fuckin great esp. ethan's

what a loving episode. i thought hardy/christian was meh because i just didnt care but it was still really good

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

magiccarpet posted:

People were rabid for his near falls at DoN, he’s fine.

What a great show, what a great crowd, and I’m very into the Cody/Black feud already, looking forward to the lore on the tech guy Malakai is paying to turn off the lights.

Lead Pipe Cinch fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Jul 15, 2021

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I just got home, what a freakin show!!!!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
like i dont think ive felt this way about wrestling since 1997-98

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

graph posted:

I feel like I say this every week. I feel like I'm 12 all over again.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I'm glad everyone is enjoying themselves, it's nice to see

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
The Aew GM game has Sue's Van in it as an unlockable gimmick for use in matches. goty.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Shard posted:

I feel like I say this every week. I feel like I'm 12 all over again.

DoN '21 jiggled something. i'm glad they chose to give closure to daily's place because it did mean something. these past two dynamites especially tonights lit my loving spark. i was in high school for that era, we used to get wings and watch

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

graph posted:

some of the 2014-18 G1 runs or major events in NJPW have been as great, and the initial All Out -> AEW Dynamite run was good fun as well, but AEW has grown so well and established so many stars during the pandemic period that you can get those huge pops because of the history they've established even in the past ~2 years.

it's a beautiful thing.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Pairing off Tommy End’s first program against Cody is right move, put the two most earnest tryhard dorks together and it’s electric. Also want to see Black against Miro as well.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
There were lots of really fun pandemic Dynamites, and some that felt like peak pro wrestling with crowds, but man these last two weeks have shown what that is really like. Especially this one.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
RE: Andrade, I am REALLY interested to see why Andrade was calling out Death Triangle, especially since 2/3 of them haven't been able to show up. I'm not sure whether I'd be happier seeing him recruit them or fight them.

RE: Malakai, I appreciate that they immediately subverted the cryptic promo in a closet thing by having him come to the ring as soon as Cody called him out, instead of some multi-week "in due time" thing. I also like that they're using both his names.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Cody/Black was low-key one of the best things on the show. This felt like the way Cody was during that feud against Jericho in the early days of Dynamite. Low on self-indulgence and more fired up and being in the moment

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

sticklefifer posted:

RE: Malakai, I appreciate that they immediately subverted the cryptic promo in a closet thing by having him come to the ring as soon as Cody called him out, instead of some multi-week "in due time" thing.

yeah yeah the 'i'm glad you asked' was loving awesome

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

The big hug when Britt was about to be interviewed by Tony was a big smile moment

One of the best teams in wrestling

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
So that sure was an incredible show to see live. It is both ridiculous and miraculous that AEW does Dynamite out of teeny-rear end HEB Center. There is not a bad seat in the house. The crowd was obviously hot but the venue enhanced it that much more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Wheeler Yuta handsomest boy in AEW.