Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
CAGE VS STARKS 22 18.33%
CAGE VS HARDY 7 5.83%
PAGE VS DARBY 61 50.83%
THE MAGICAL GIRL VS THE BAD GIRL 11 9.17%
MOX VS KARL 13 10.83%
SAM VS WHEELER 6 5.00%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

https://twitter.com/tde_gif/status/1415512357288226818?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Kinda expected either Starks or Cage to be out of Team Taz after that match, but was definitely surprised by it being Cage and the way it was done, totally fun and cool, and the pop for Starks taking the FTW belt was huge and that makes me happy for Taz :3

excited to see where it goes from here!

also Hangman booming at The Elite "THE DARK ORDER DOES NOT BACK DOWN FROM A FIGHT!" was like some loving cosmic destiny poo poo, the reluctant protag in the conflict finally accepts his destiny...

what a great loving show

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I love elimination tag matches so I'm really excited to see Elite vs. Page and the Dark Order

It's a good time to get both Page and the DO some big wins

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Watching that last coffin drop again I dont know who built that thing but I hope they never build another one and hire someone who knows how to build safer props

If he hadn't hit right in the middle he would have gotten hosed up pretty badly on what basically amounts to wooden spikes around the edges

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
will hobbs takes the belt from ricky :mad:
HOOK distracts the ref :eek:
POWERHOUSE HOBBS hits cage w the ftw belt :mmmhmm:
stroke daddy wins the belt :greenangel:
team taz has never been more fine :unsmith:

what an incredible dynamite. what a show next week is gonna be. holy poo poo the fireworks factory is SO BIG!!!!! i love hangman/dark order v the elite so much as a main event story its so good and everyone involved is so perfect for their parts its just... a really special wrestling story there arent many like it lol.

there just wasnt like, anything even approaching bad on that show, maybe not every segment is to everyones personal tastes but drat they are just firing on all cylinders and doing everything well up and down the card. love 2 watch wrestling in 2021 (not wwe lmfao never)

AK-47
Jul 10, 2001

Just got back from my first ever live wrestling event and holy poo poo I am just burned out and my body feels like it's still vibrating from all the noise and bass the speakers were putting out. In summary would 100% do again. Don't think I could have had a better first time without balling out for VIP.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Kull the Conqueror posted:

It is both ridiculous and miraculous that AEW does Dynamite out of teeny-rear end HEB Center

it looked kinda big and totally packed on tv

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

graph posted:

yeah might just be still used to seeing daily's place every week but it didnt seem small at all and god drat that was a crowd. aew crowds who havent seen a show in a year and a half and the show is this good? god i cant wait

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
it's been nearly two hours since the end of dynamite (i dvr'd it) and i'm still buzzing

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I think that was the best episode of Dynamite yet. Solid show from top to bottom. The live crowd really makes it feel so much better, glad that they're back

AK-47
Jul 10, 2001

graph posted:

It was definitely packed as someone who was there. Very few empty seats once Dynamite went live.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Hangman’s title program has been perfect so far. There is really nothing like rooting for a babyface to finally get their big moment - and this could be an all-timer. Extremely excited for that ten man tag.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

mkay0 posted:

Hangman’s title program has been perfect so far. There is really nothing like rooting for a babyface to finally get their big moment - and this could be an all-timer. Extremely excited for that ten man tag.

That tag needs to either be Hangman coming back from a 3-1 deficit to win or John Silver doing it for him.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Orange Carlisle posted:

Watching that last coffin drop again I dont know who built that thing but I hope they never build another one and hire someone who knows how to build safer props

If he hadn't hit right in the middle he would have gotten hosed up pretty badly on what basically amounts to wooden spikes around the edges

it was probably charlie

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
another thing i noticed as much as camera crew tried to hide they had big dudes squatting in every corner eyeing down every rail for jumpers

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

graph posted:

DoN '21 jiggled something. i'm glad they chose to give closure to daily's place because it did mean something. these past two dynamites especially tonights lit my loving spark. i was in high school for that era, we used to get wings and watch

Could you say it lit the fuse, brought the boom?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/MATTHARDYBRAND/status/1415502216291618818

Whoever decided to pair Private Party with Matt Hardy deserves a medal

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I know Matt said he could smell it on him, but was that the first time we’ve seen street clothes Hangman come out without a drink in hand in a long time?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

AK-47 posted:

Just got back from my first ever live wrestling event and holy poo poo I am just burned out and my body feels like it's still vibrating from all the noise and bass the speakers were putting out. In summary would 100% do again. Don't think I could have had a better first time without balling out for VIP.

Goddamn, great choice for a first event!

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

For whatever it's worth, Archer's been talking about wanting to go back to NJPW for a bit, so if they wanted the belt back, there's the opportunity.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Kenny has made a fatal mistake in challenging a tag-team wrestler like Hangman Adam Page to a tag match.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

We Got Us A Bread posted:

For whatever it's worth, Archer's been talking about wanting to go back to NJPW for a bit, so if they wanted the belt back, there's the opportunity.

would be great for him to have a little excursion + also get a huge win off Mox. Dude would benefit a lot from that win plus would give him time away from a very crowded Dynamite show until Rampage gets going

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

CarlCX posted:

That tag needs to either be Hangman coming back from a 3-1 deficit to win or John Silver doing it for him.

In the live thread I called Kenny eliminating Hangman, to continue the "Page can't do it" angle (instead of losing their first 1v1), but getting pinned by Silver after shenanigans due to show boating.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I think it would be neat for Five to find himself in the eliminator match (as a replacement for the DO members beaten backstage by the Elite) and face off or even eliminate Kenny Omega as a call back to their match that caused such consternation with some folks. Have him be the savior that wins it against the man some said he should never have even got in offense against to begin with.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Dynathoughts

Crowd still feels new and amazing

1) Karl Anderson vs Jon Moxley. Mox out with Eddie Kingston. Props to Excalibur for making Karl Anderson seem like a big deal. Good for Eddie neutralising Gallows on the outside. Match is under NJPW rules, so that's 1) 60 minute time limit 2) 20 second count out 3) ref is an absolute stooge. This is hard hitting, with Anderson trying to prove he belongs as a wrestler. The rope stunner / dropkick combo was spicy as gently caress. This match absolutely slaps. Best I've seen Anderson in years. Loved the Anderson spot where Mox elbowed him and he just turned in anger and gun stunned him. Things get a little scrappy towards the end but with a good looking Death Rider Moxley wins. Match fuckin slapped.

Lance promo about the IWGP title. I was *just thinking* that a Mox / Archer title match would rule.

Andrade interviewed by Alex Abrahantes. Hat. He's after the Death Triangle. Fuuuuuuuuuck.

2) Ricky Starks vs Brian Cage. Starks gets a NICE pop. These two stalk each other and then things explode. Love Taz on commentary just freaking out. Huge Ricky Starks chant. There's a couple of bits of this that are unexpectedly soft, but once it picks up it really picks up. Ricky's going for the juggler, no idea why that guy was at ringside. Brian, stop wiggling Ricky's rear end at me. Couple of very nice near falls here. Cage is in charge, but Ricky is no slouch and he has the crowd. BERZERK sit out powerbomb there. So many near falls. And then fuckery at the end AND NEWWWWW FTW champ. Good lil match but Cage will NOT be taking that lightly.

Angry Cody jumps on commentary then grabs a mic. His outburst on the headset was better than his one in the ring. Malachi genuinely opened a promo with "I once saw a man kill a horse". It all got a bit Father Ted.

So after the "you don't beat up the old man" segment, we get Proud and Powerful beating up an old man.

Hangmin out to challenge, interrupted by Don and the douchebags. "you're the next great wrestling tragedy" is an AMAZING line from Matt Jackson. Dark Order hit the ring 5v5 elimination match, Hangman and the Dark Order. Great in ring storytelling. Love how rattled Kenny is.

5 Labours of Jericho. It's pronounced "Cerberus" not "Cerebus", Chris. Next week: Spears vs Jericho, Spears can use a chair and Jericho can't. Nice.

3) Matt Hardy vs Christian Cage. Infinite lockup that rolls to the outside. Sure. As expected, Christian's "dry-cured veteran" routine matches beautifully with Hardy's "scumbag veteran" shtick. Good match. A long one but very enjoyable.

Britt interview in ring. Good burns here "top of the food chain but I'm off the menu" was great. Britt is basically a face now. Nyla gave a nice response.

4) Wheeler Yuta vs Sammy Guevara. Nice Bane jacket, Wheeler. Crowd is molten for Sammy. Straight into this one. Wheeler is quick, but Sammy can fly. That triplesault was loving great springboard dropkick from Yuta is hot as hell. Jesus, insane air on that frog splash. This match fuuuucks. Not a long match, but both guys shone.

The factory interviewed like high school bullies. Eh. The Golden Shovel, Cody Holes.

5) Penelope Ford vs Yuka Sakazaki. Ayayayayayayaya! Yuka in this match is sparky and shiny and fun, and I'm just waiting for Murder Yuka, because you know she's here too. Penelope has some good savage offense here, using greater size and strength to her advantage. Loved the deadlift suplex, like pulling a tooth. Some close near falls here. Things get a little scruffy towards the end, but beautiful Magical Girl Splash for the win.

6) Ethan Page vs Darby Allin. I'm glad they got a Goth to lead the coffin procession. Darby doesn't just like turtles, he is a turtle. This is predictably an absolute cluster gently caress. Bodies everywhere, outsiders involved, just absolute incredible nonsense. The crowd are ridiculously into this. I want to stress that this is a main event match in front of a live crowd where Darby Allin is fighting Ethan Page. Page has done an insanely good job getting himself over. Fishhook with part of the ring. Two grown rear end men standing in a coffin and punching each other and we're not even IN Ireland. Loads of fun reversals and MOTHER OF gently caress. That was an Ego's Edge onto steel steps. Holy loving christ. Allin wins of course, but holy gently caress this was better than a gimmick match had any right to be.

Ahahaha he coffin dropped a coffin. You amazing stupid little fucker.

This was an awesome show. No bad matches, only one bad segment. Show ruled.

AK-47
Jul 10, 2001

Jerusalem posted:

Goddamn, great choice for a first event!

Yeah it really was definitely a night to remember for sure. My voice is gonna be shot tomorrow for sure though and for as loud as it was on TV I promise you some of the bigger pops were almost deafening in person. People were ready for wrestling to be back for sure and was hot as gently caress the whole time, Dark and Dark: Elevation tapings included.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
I kinda thought Ego should have gone over in that match for his character’s sake.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
also i might have heard it wrong but i could tell ethan page got monster heat during that match but was there really a 'gently caress you ethan' chant going? because it made it thru the tv if it did

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
AEW has achieved more in two years than TNA managed in two decades, it's genuinely astounding.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

graph posted:

also i might have heard it wrong but i could tell ethan page got monster heat during that match but was there really a 'gently caress you ethan' chant going? because it made it thru the tv if it did

There was definitely a "gently caress you Ethan" chant. And he fed off it really well.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
The most unexpected crossover.

https://twitter.com/thepiff/status/1415470589947432965

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
gotta admit I'm getting tired of Mox ducking his one true rival from NJPW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5YxZaZBec4

also coward tony sign shooter he is a good boy and tries hard

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

graph posted:

another thing i noticed as much as camera crew tried to hide they had big dudes squatting in every corner eyeing down every rail for jumpers

When did they start hiding Jesus tho?

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Majinfoose posted:

When did they start hiding Jesus tho?

When Miro keeps referring to you, you hide

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

gotta admit I'm getting tired of Mox ducking his one true rival from NJPW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5YxZaZBec4

also coward tony sign shooter he is a good boy and tries hard

https://twitter.com/henrytcasey/status/1180531107974057985?s=21

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

BOW DOWN TO THE

BOW DOWN TO THE KING

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

V. impressed by the beard-growing abilities of the Young Bucks

(Great show halfway through!)

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/judekilgour/status/1415494419101454337

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
All he had to do was buy Yano's DVD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
One of my coworkers is a Britt Baker mark. He described her gimmick as a pre-Med student, or community College nursing student who is a gunner and will gently caress up the curve just because she can.

It makes sense.

Where does Darby go from here? Get one over Scorpio, and then what? Maybe rematch with Miró or something.

Yeah, it would be wise for Moxley to drop the belt to Archer if those rumors of him going back to Japan are true. New Japan needs at least one stable champion.

Andrade owns, Sammy owns, Tommy End owns, that magical girl owns.

Good Dynamite all around.