Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
CAGE VS STARKS 22 18.33%
CAGE VS HARDY 7 5.83%
PAGE VS DARBY 61 50.83%
THE MAGICAL GIRL VS THE BAD GIRL 11 9.17%
MOX VS KARL 13 10.83%
SAM VS WHEELER 6 5.00%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

What's that? A paper thin excuse to post this image again you say? Don't mind if I do!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

and let's remember

LET'S REMEMBER

This is a woman who wrestled one of her first matches on the IWA show where Mick Foley won King Of The Deathmatch.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

The only negative on this show, and someone did point out that it was done for a very good storyline reason, was Matt Jackson's promo. Someone needs to tell this dipshit that he loving blows on the mic. I'm rewatching it now and it's still absolute poo poo. Like, it serves a purpose in the worst possible way.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
The only negative of the show was when they cut away from the stinger splash

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Matt was fine imo, the "You're the next great wrestling tragedy" line was great.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

What's that? A paper thin excuse to post this image again you say? Don't mind if I do!

There should never be a need for an excuse to post that image because it's wonderful.

Also, the best part about the whole thing is that Mox was probably having so much fun with that G1. He got to wrestle so many top tier talents in that block in all kinds of different styles and they were all great.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
before i thought nick was the himbo, but it's obviously Matt

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

That show ruled and I'm very excited for the Survivor Series match.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Crapple! posted:

The only negative on this show, and someone did point out that it was done for a very good storyline reason, was Matt Jackson's promo. Someone needs to tell this dipshit that he loving blows on the mic. I'm rewatching it now and it's still absolute poo poo. Like, it serves a purpose in the worst possible way.

His promo was actually good.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

tao of lmao posted:

His promo was actually good.

it was trash op. Nick should do all the wrestling and all the talking

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

our section was wondering why nick jackson was trying to look like chuck mangione. dark, dynamite, and dark elevation were all great and kicked rear end. no negatives on the entire show. real hot crowd. jesus was over. he and luchasaurus had heat it looked like. merch was sold out basically immediately except for 2xl and up shirts

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
oof, now that crowds are back, there are a lot more casual spoilers flying around on soc media, so that kinda stinks

be careful, cyberspace cowboys

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

smarxist posted:

oof, now that crowds are back, there are a lot more casual spoilers flying around on soc media, so that kinda stinks

no poo poo

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

look at this dumbass pointing out things that people might want to watch out for.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
That was a fantastic show, definitely brought up memories of early 2020 when everything was firing on all cylinders and the crowd was on fire.

- Great to have Mox back in the mix and it's cool of them to give Archer a big headline match in Dallas

- ANDRADE VS DEATH TRIANGLE YES YES YES

- FTW match kicked rear end, wasn't expecting Ricky to get most of the chants but I'm here for it

- Elite vs Dark Order Survivor Series is gonna rock so hard

- I think Christian's matches are helped a lot by having a real crowd cause even though his workrate isn't what it used to be he's so good at connecting with fans

- Sammy's a star

- Loved how over Yuka was

- Darby/Ethan was incredibly brutal, just a whole bunch of spots that made me go aaaaaaaa

I love wrestling :D

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Hoss Corncave posted:

There should never be a need for an excuse to post that image because it's wonderful.

Also, the best part about the whole thing is that Mox was probably having so much fun with that G1. He got to wrestle so many top tier talents in that block in all kinds of different styles and they were all great.

he managed to talk ishii into doing a top rope splash through a table

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

ricky got cheered because he was the big fish in the small pond of texan indies for YEARS. hes billed from new orleans but this is his home crowd.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

tonight also proved that tk is a visionary and moxley should keep wild thing forever.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Rarity posted:

I love wrestling :D

:yeah:

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

STONE COLD 64 posted:

ricky got cheered because he was the big fish in the small pond of texan indies for YEARS. hes billed from new orleans but this is his home crowd.

Sammy, too. They were both regulars at WrestleCircus, an indie that ran out of Austin between 2016 and 2019.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i'm also surprised at how over Ricky was, considering he didn't get to hop on until after the pandemic started and he's been on the shelf for awhile, but i'm so happy for him to get his time to shine because he honestly feels like he's gonna be right there with MJF, JB, Sammy etc in the next 5 years of the company's progression

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Only thing I want from Ricky that they're not giving me (apart from more matches) is Stroke Daddy videos.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

STONE COLD 64 posted:

tonight also proved that tk is a visionary and moxley should keep wild thing forever.

I think TK's vision on that score was saying "yeah ok" when Moxley asked for it. That's why they used the wrong version for the first outing.

smarxist posted:

i'm also surprised at how over Ricky was, considering he didn't get to hop on until after the pandemic started and he's been on the shelf for awhile, but i'm so happy for him to get his time to shine because he honestly feels like he's gonna be right there with MJF, JB, Sammy etc in the next 5 years of the company's progression

He's also got an abysmal record outside of the Darks. We'll see if crowds outside of Texas like him as much.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

That was an all-time great episode, holy crap. The pacing was perfect, the match quality was super high, and every single promo was great.

I cannot WAIT for Dynamite and Rampage in Pittsburgh, these road shows have been so good so far.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Mr. Squishy posted:

I think TK's vision on that score was saying "yeah ok" when Moxley asked for it. That's why they used the wrong version for the first outing.

He's also got an abysmal record outside of the Darks. We'll see if crowds outside of Texas like him as much.

We need the pan flute solo back.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Kvantum posted:

Sammy, too. They were both regulars at WrestleCircus, an indie that ran out of Austin between 2016 and 2019.

swerve signed with the wrong company

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

That show ruled and I'm very excited for the Survivor Series match.

The Elite vs. Dark Order's Five.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i bet they're going to try to take out members of the dark order until only cabana, uno, and grayson remain and day of the show kazarians gonna be thr last second guy to give Page's Pioneers a fair fight

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Apparently the horse story Malakai told Cody was the same story Cody used in a promo against Dustin back at the first All In. Neat callback.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

5 should eliminate Omega. Now that would be a loving callback

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Crapple! posted:

I'm more of a fan of Nick since I feel like I can relate to him more (outside of wrestling talent, of course). Matt seems like a bit of a try-hard.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

If silver is in the match he's gonna win it.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

tao of lmao posted:

Apparently the horse story Malakai told Cody was the same story Cody used in a promo against Dustin back at the first All In. Neat callback.

It was also Young Dustin's dead birthday horse.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Archer should probably win next week

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

That was probably the best show of the year so far. Not a single bad match or segment.

Please come to the West Coast, coward Tony!

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I usually tell my wife preposterous stuff will happen.

Tonight I told her that Ethan and Darby would get closed in the coffin together and get Brundlefly'd and she got genuinely upset at the idea.

All Emo Ethan Allen

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
*It's not pop-punk it's all emo Ethan Page.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

A Page / Allin tag team where their finisher is that Page Ego's Edges Allin onto his opponent in a Coffin Drop. They call it 6 Feet Under.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Archer should probably win next week

Agreed, he needs some meaningful wins to not end up as a Kane/Big Show jobber to the stars.

How does it works when another promotion’s title is defended in AEW? I assume NJPW has to approve a title change.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Lamuella posted:

A Page / Allin tag team where their finisher is that Page Ego's Edges Allin onto his opponent in a Coffin Drop. They call it 6 Feet Under.

This idea actually owns and I really want to see it. I feel like it probably would work best from the top rope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Lamuella posted:

I misread this and imagined Page chucking guys into midair and Darby Coffin Dropping them at that point. Which sounds like the coolest finisher that would be impossible to actually pull off.