Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
CAGE VS STARKS 22 18.33%
CAGE VS HARDY 7 5.83%
PAGE VS DARBY 61 50.83%
THE MAGICAL GIRL VS THE BAD GIRL 11 9.17%
MOX VS KARL 13 10.83%
SAM VS WHEELER 6 5.00%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

Rarity posted:

AEW's roster is amazing, they don't need Punk

I haven't sat down and watched a weekly wrestling show in an age. If Punk signs with Dynamite, I would watch every week. He's the reason I got back into this hell-hobby in 2011.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Lid posted:

Clear bias as he is in my avatar but where the gently caress did this narrative of Punk being an average worker come from? Its known hes not athletic at all and not crisp but as someone capable of putting together a great natch he is one of the best ever.

He had incredible matches with just about everyone and the people who used to say he couldn't because he wasn't a rudiculous athlete were the old guys who took one look at this lean tattooed guy and immediately assumed he couldn't work.

It's just bizarre.

Thing was Good before, but Thing was widely available and liked by an audience who I hate sharing with, therefore I must downplay Thing in order to maintain my aloofness and sense of superiority.

Punk was always solid, except around the injuries towards the end, and even then he was putting in a shift. He was never a natural athlete, but had that charisma that made fans in both the arena and online listen to his every word. He's not going to be Daniel Bryan levels of technical ability, but even before putting in those years in the WWE he was a great wrestler.

Years and concussions likely have taken their toll, but I'd be tuning in with excitement

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Alaois posted:

i like cm punk but "concrete rear end" is a very funny thing to say about someone as a burn

them tribute elbow drops months and then years after savage died sure were something else

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Waffleopolis posted:

Who would be the best feud to have CM Punk do first? I feel like only MJF make sense in this one. He beats Jericho to tie a ribbon in that one. CM Punk comes out at All Out at some points. MJF is the perfect candidate to mock Punk about his absence from the ring and his attempt at MMA. Punk/MJF have a fight and either Punks wions to give MJF a rare loss or MJF wins via trickery. Bonus points if Colt/DO rescues punk from a Pinnacle beatdown (only if Punk & Colt make amends don't force this).

from what little I have seen of AEW, MJF has just been an 11/10 heel. Him against fan favourite Punk is easily money

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

just had a personal epiphany that being a massive Bret mark helps when it comes to being a massive Punk mark. Says more about me than it does about them, mind you.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Rarity posted:

You should give Dynamite a shot, if you liked the kinda stuff Punk did then you'll dig it :)

No, I’ve watched a handful of Dynamite shows over these lockdown months while working from home and they are good to very good. It’s just one of those things - there isn’t the name there yet that I want to cling to/be a mark for. People like Mox and Omega are so talented and great, but I don’t feel invested in anyone and because I’ve no history with the product, the connection isn’t always there. This is entirely on me, and not on AEW or it’s roster.

As per what I said above, Bret’s my FOAL. I love this stupid fake poo poo thanks to him. However when he jumped to WCW when I was a kid, I didn’t follow suit despite having Sky telly to do so - WCW doesn’t mean anything to me. Different contexts I appreciate, and were Punk to sign, I’d absolutely be tuning in to see what was happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

MJeff posted:

Which reminds me, Tony Khan, sign Bret Hart to manage *spins wheel* PAC.

That first PPV, I think, where Bret stepped in for Flair and introduced the world title and MJF came out and referenced the hall of fame speech attack was Heel Work 101.