Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
CAGE VS STARKS 22 18.33%
CAGE VS HARDY 7 5.83%
PAGE VS DARBY 61 50.83%
THE MAGICAL GIRL VS THE BAD GIRL 11 9.17%
MOX VS KARL 13 10.83%
SAM VS WHEELER 6 5.00%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Dynamite loving owned, even if things like Darby and Page going into the crowd and Mox entering via the crowd still give me the willies given we're still technically in a global pandemic.

Ricky Starks' tights are super over with old ladies in Osaka.

I love how they're integrating the IWGP belt and just treating it like something perfectly normal, same as with the NWA women's belt in prior times as well, and Excalibur giving us the names Prince Devitt and Bad Luck Fale on AEW TV makes me smile.

I don't think Jungle Boy was being setup for a heel turn there, just had a bit of resting upset face.

oh hey they did something where a heel watching something in the back actually leads to a promo! innovation in the facing-a-TV space!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

graph posted:

like i dont think ive felt this way about wrestling since 1997-98

some of the 2014-18 G1 runs or major events in NJPW have been as great, and the initial All Out -> AEW Dynamite run was good fun as well, but AEW has grown so well and established so many stars during the pandemic period that you can get those huge pops because of the history they've established even in the past ~2 years.

it's a beautiful thing.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

sticklefifer posted:

Sure, but when it's pretty widely recognizable art from a deceased AIDS awareness icon, it's a bit of an LGBTQ faux pas if he's just wearing it because it's "obnoxious".

Haring's work has been licensed to lots of places, including Uniqlo, and I doubt everyone buying it understands all of the meaning or significance. It happens.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

https://twitter.com/NylaRoseBeast/status/1415709610476986369

Nyla Rose just out there murdering bigots. :drat:

Gotta love the mental process of some American gammon deciding to go after Nyla Rose of all people. Nyla Rose.

flames

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I'd imagine Hangman's first feud is Miro, heel Christian or heel Archer.

how do they get Miro out from the TNT title and into a heavyweight title feud?

also put me down as thinking Archer might do work for NJPW, even if it's just for a 'Los Angeles loop' picking up the US title, defending on NJPW Strong a bunch, and coming back to AEW Dynamite to drop it to somebody coming in from Japan/Mox in a return (?). I don't think Archer left on the worst terms, and the relationship between AEW and NJPW is such that it's feasible.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Dacap posted:

Just think of the Taz jokes

Taz and Taz recreate the "two Pentas" spot

My Lovely Horse posted:

Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!

Botchamania went with this precise joke for you-know-what

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

duckdealer posted:

Just noticed that All Out 2021 is available for purchase on fite.tv now. The notable thing is that the price is back down to like $28 CAD (or 20 fite credits which I used) instead of like $50 or more. I think Revolution 2020 or at least one other AEW PPV was that price before. Of course this price drop might only apply to Canada, I have no idea.

It also calls the event All Out 2021: Where Champions Are Made. Make of that what you will.

I’ve been buying PPVs on FITE in Not America and Not Canada and they’ve been $20 USD. So it may have been a weird Canada thing.

That subtitle though…that’s hinting at something!

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

smarxist posted:

legendary Don & Kenny fit on Slammiversary

Don looking like Andre from The League

Vince MechMahon posted:

I have to assume Darby has had at least informal stunt man training through hanging out with guys like Knoxville and other skate boarders. Stair falls aren't easy, but if you control it you can do it relatively safely.

Either that or he's a lunatic.

por que no los dos?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

karmicknight posted:

We had two batmans from loot creates, seventy-five batman villains, five set of high powered sonic characters, a salt shaker half full of amiibo cards, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored pokemon, links,,marios, luigis... and also a goku, a vegta, a , a gohan and two dozen avengers.

Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get locked into a serious funko collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

:golfclap: this is most excellent posting

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

tao of lmao posted:

Was cutler trying to not crease his sneakers? That run is so over the top goofy it doesn’t seem “intentional” in the sense of running like a huge dork for laughs.

https://twitter.com/BranCutler/status/1417648859828736002?s=20

he appears to know precisely what he is doing, and that is being a Waluigi-level stooge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

MorningMoon posted:

https://twitter.com/RefAubrey/status/1417852968595083266

I'm here for Evil Uno vs Takahata. Also extremely interested in the possibility of one of the wrestlers winning and booking themselves

I'm here for Jan somehow roping in Doctor Tracksuit for backup in his match/contest/whatever you call it.