Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
CAGE VS STARKS 22 18.33%
CAGE VS HARDY 7 5.83%
PAGE VS DARBY 61 50.83%
THE MAGICAL GIRL VS THE BAD GIRL 11 9.17%
MOX VS KARL 13 10.83%
SAM VS WHEELER 6 5.00%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
The only negative of the show was when they cut away from the stinger splash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

STONE COLD 64 posted:

tonight also proved that tk is a visionary and moxley should keep wild thing forever.

I think TK's vision on that score was saying "yeah ok" when Moxley asked for it. That's why they used the wrong version for the first outing.

smarxist posted:

i'm also surprised at how over Ricky was, considering he didn't get to hop on until after the pandemic started and he's been on the shelf for awhile, but i'm so happy for him to get his time to shine because he honestly feels like he's gonna be right there with MJF, JB, Sammy etc in the next 5 years of the company's progression

He's also got an abysmal record outside of the Darks. We'll see if crowds outside of Texas like him as much.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Some poor farmer just had to shoot his favourite horse and then an endless parade of wrestlers come out to interrogate him about it.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

BaronVanAwesome posted:

4) When did Matt Hardy get normal? I miss weird Matt Hardy

I think Matt found being broken depressing with absolutely no crowd. He literally put out a youtube video called "the refocusing of matt hardy" where he said "I'm normal now". So he dusted off his old Big Money Matt character and started signing talent to contracts where he gets 30% of their income. Started off with Private Party, then Butcher and the Blade, then TH2. On Dark he's just signed Indian wrestler Jora Johl to act as bag carrier.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

MJeff posted:

Lol that Miro's gimmick is now literally "I sucked for eight months, then I redeemed myself" after everybody spent so long trying to defend that detritus.

I think he was in WWE for longer than 8 months.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Sour Boy's a draw (all the good ones have been taken)

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Really? I had no idea. I vaguely remember seeing those figures on a lot of shirts some time long ago in the past, and thought it was just a generic Benetton thing or whatever.

Keith Haring and later on his estate were incredible successful at marketing his artwork. His jiggly men basically saturated the culture for a bit there.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

fez_machine posted:

God forbid there be anything LGBTQ near something as camp as the current Elite heel run or that queer art be associated with obnoxiousness.

Don Callis would look good in a Warhol print.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Insertnamehere31 posted:

I just bought nosebleed tickets for the New York show. It’s “obstructed view” but I’m hoping and praying that’s because it’s in a section perpendicular to the stage rather than having a big rear end pillar in front of me

Just follow along on the game-day thread, we'll tell you what's happening.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

I demand the full card for next week

I have to know!!!!!

They've got to save some scoops for the lower left corner of Dark the day before.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Wazzu posted:

But good show, Penelope Ford Vs. Sakazaki was good and I liked that the crowd were into her. With just 1 month, what the heck will she even do?

Going from Ryo Mizunami's last tour, wrestle a bunch of good matches on Elevation.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Chaos Project don't really need a mouthpiece, they're more of a pantomime thing.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

https://twitter.com/FuegoDelSol/status/1416462851271798786?s=19

The unsackable Fuego Sol.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Other matches announced are:
Big Shotty Lee & Brock Anderson v. The Gun Club
Angelico v. Jungle Boy
Dante Martin v. Shawn Dean
Zachariah v. Lance Archer
Hikaru Shida v. Dulce Tormenta
Probably a few more to come, and it's all been posted in the spoiler thread for a week.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

More Elevation matches:
Orange Taylor & Chuckie T. v. Chaos Project
Penta & Eddie v. Cezar Bononi & JD Drake
Baron Black v. Kaz
Tay Conti & Serena Deeb v. Vertvixen & Jazmin Allure
Red Velvet v. Julia!
Will Hobbs v Lucas Chase.

Conti and Deeb is a strange partnership as Conti's sorta face and Deeb is sorta heel. I predict a bit where Tay tries to get Serena to dance after the victory. Wheeler Yuta is in the best friends corner, so they've really taken him to heart. And I hope Drake and Eddie get to chop the hell out of one another.

ChrisBTY posted:

What the hell flowers were in the coffin? Why were they IN the coffin? Don't flowers usually have buds?

They were black roses, right? Probably made from plastic. And generally the bud blooms into the flower, so w/ a single-stem rose like that one then you wouldn't have any other buds.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

It's going to be a sad day when Hook wrestles his first match and it's terrible.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

There was a bit last promo where Rebel was pulling some "I'm not sure about that one" faces while standing behind Britt, and someone wondered if they were teasing a split. Which would surely be a terrible career move for Rebel unless she wanted to go entirely backstage again.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

To the people who doubted whether Thunder Rosa would even be interested in signing with AEW:

I'm never washing this Twitter again.

Nobody has ever doubted Thunder Rosa was interested in signing with AEW.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Lamuella posted:

On the one hand, hooray Fuego for being popular enough to be the face of AEW for a charity drive. One the other hand, the Salvation Army are just loving awful in every particular.

https://twitter.com/CulwellCenter/status/1417127513113841666

He's not the face of AEW, he's a grateful homeless man who Cody gave his pants to. He lost his home by flying to Jacksonville so much.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I have always liked the bucks, and I'm enjoying their (and Kenny's) increased presence on BTE.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Scarf posted:

Considering the match moved almost immediately to a quick finish... who knows. Didn't look like a bump at all.

Hobbs matches on the Darks never run long. It's not impossible that he concussed the dude though, I wasn't watching that closely.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

This was my favoruite bit from last night's Elevation.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Filming Fuego's match from the rafters was pretty cool.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

You should read the contract before you sign it, imo.
e: another excerpt from the Jake the Snake podcast

quote:

A year or two from now, if maybe J.R. doesn’t want to do it as often, I can be there. I can be the guy they hand it off to. I can be the guy when J.R., he wants to go to a football game, ‘Well Jake can take it this time.’

Sounds good!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

sticklefifer posted:

Ehh. I know Max is heeling, but I'm not sure I need to see a wrestling feud where the heels repeatedly try to slut-shame a teenager. It seems lazy and outdated in 2021.

I'm not a huge fan but I have faith the tables will turn soon enough.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Punk saw Sting dive off a stack of poker chips and felt guilty about retiring already.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

On Talk is Jericho, Honk talked about his dream of traveling the world wrestling with his brother, and i certainly don't want to be the one who dashes that dream.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I like when they do a results crawl for the Darks on Dynamite. Oh, the signed guy won, huh?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I'm behind on my Hobbs lore, what are those numbers down his thighs?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I don't think Ethan's latest vlog has been posted yet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5jZVd-glgc

Eddie Kingston will be in your vlog but he will hate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

JUNGLE BOY posted:

If CM Punk signs with AEW that would suck for that CM Punk super fan Cora Jade that probably signed a 5 year deal with WWE and hasn’t done anything besides lose matches on NXT (and 205 live for some reason??)

It would be good news for her because she would have new CM Punk performances to watch.