Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
CAGE VS STARKS 22 18.33%
CAGE VS HARDY 7 5.83%
PAGE VS DARBY 61 50.83%
THE MAGICAL GIRL VS THE BAD GIRL 11 9.17%
MOX VS KARL 13 10.83%
SAM VS WHEELER 6 5.00%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
That was a wonderful show. I hope Archer wins next week, he loses a lot. Every segment had something good about it. Darby, Ricky, Sammy, Hangman. Just so over and loud it was awesome to hear. Insane that some people think wrestling is better without fans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I guess it's less that I think Lance is absolutely winning as much as I can't understand booking Mox in title matches in back to back weeks and booking Archer in a big title match with a top guy in TX just to have Mox retain like he did vs KA and have Lance lose yet another title match. Like if nothing else, I kinda expect the No DQ stip to be there to protect Mox and it's a lot easier for a top NJPW guy to go over Lance than Mox.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Rarity posted:

It's to give Archer a headline match in his hometown

Ricky and Sammy won their matches though

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I am glad when good show = big number. I hope we continue to have good shows fueled by more numbers.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I still think the dumbest Darby bump was him getting thrown down the stairs. He must really trust Ethan Page. And have literally 0 care for the bones in his body.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I think Thunder Rosa will be the first heart breaker reign where she finally dethrones Britt, but then is killed by Jade. And this will be okay because the world, tag, and possibly TNT title will all be on faces.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
The Full House opener might be the best Ryzin/Vickie/Nyla have been in weeks.

Matt burying his newborn daughter by blaming her for him losing to Christian is amazing. And I actually screamed at Kenny wanting Matt to also clarify that he's better than Seth Rollins for absolutely no reason.

I have no idea what Honk is doing and it frightens me. Pretty Pete managed to do art without it being the weirdest poo poo I've ever seen.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
After seeing him give his all to that silly pratfall on Elevation, I'm into Cutler/Orange Cassidy. It'd probably be pretty funny.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Yuta was pretty good in there with Sammy G. Looks like he's working his way toward being #AllElite. Glad to have him aboard honestly.

SonicRulez fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Jul 21, 2021

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

JUNGLE BOY posted:

are you from the future

Yes.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I like Punk, but I'd be lying to say I'm over the moon about him. His big top run happened while I wasn't into WWE and he left as I was getting back into it. I know he's capable of good matches. I think, much like Christian, he'd be the biggest help behind the scenes. But I can't deny he'd be a gain for AEW as far as it being a pretty huge story and guaranteed rating for the show after he showed up. No question about that. As far as pure entertainment, I'd be more gassed about Bryan.

But honestly AEW feels so at capacity to me. One of Jungle Boy, Miro, Sammy, MJF, Darbz, Hangman, or some of the others who carried pandemic AEW are gonna get jilted in favor of these El Idolos or Blacks or CM Punks and I don't think that's fair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I know I said I'm not big on Punk, but I have to say "Not as good as Omega or Fenix" is hardly an indictment on his skill. The question is like could he go with Matt Hardy and Luchasaurus and SHAWN SPEARS and others in singles matches on AEW with some regularity. He'd be fine.

Spiderdrake posted:

Of the people listed there CM Punk just feels so out of place since maybe barring Miro (who has absolutely hit his stride) you're talking about people who are nowhere near their ceiling.

I honestly feel like, with Murphy probably coming in, AEW should seriously cool it on men signings and let things breath. There are so many huge potential feuds and stories to tell right now with the existing roster, you could sign no men and eat a couple injuries and still have more than a year of fresh content. But I think BBT is just gonna keep signing dudes.

I agree. And he probably will. It brings buzz and fan bases to the company. And we can all pretend he's gonna ship some of em off to Impact or NJPW to keep it fresh. But ahh, I wonder how big the bubble can get on the men's side. Rampage and trios titles will help, but even those feel like they already have lines. The women deserve a lot of time on Rampage. There are a number of trios teams off the top of my head that need a run with those belts.

Shard posted:

I'm real glad Dynamite is on tonight. Need a pick me up after my house sale fell through

Sorry. That stinks.