Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
CAGE VS STARKS 22 18.33%
CAGE VS HARDY 7 5.83%
PAGE VS DARBY 61 50.83%
THE MAGICAL GIRL VS THE BAD GIRL 11 9.17%
MOX VS KARL 13 10.83%
SAM VS WHEELER 6 5.00%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

MJeff posted:

Probably a hot take in this thread but Uno and Grayson should be the ones getting the title shot, not Silver and Reynolds.

I’m assuming the end point for the tag belts atm is Stuno vs Bucks in the first AEW tag title ladder match, so I think Silver is just hinting that maybe his first match back (on TV, at least) is going to be that elimination match.

I’d also guess that elimination match might be what anchors the first Rampage show. Spend four weeks building to a giant match like that, and the ramifications of the match lay out the top of the card for the PPV and there’s a straight build over the six shows after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

MJeff posted:

Or the elimination match could just be the first Rampage show. :v:

I mean would anyone complain

History Comes Inside! posted:

They probably will, I don’t think they’ve named which pair are getting it?

Do the 5 man as page plus 10/5(to eat the first pin and put the face team in peril)/Reynolds/Silver and they give Uno and Stu the title shot as a gift because they’re bros and don’t want to go into the match banged up when there’s a fresh team right there to bring the titles to the faction.

My guess is that it’s gonna be Stuno+Good,Bad,Hungiee vs. Bucks, Bros, and Belt Collector, with 10, 5 and Colt in the Dark corner to counter Nakazawa, Callis, and Cutler being on the outside for the Elite.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

jesus WEP posted:

or a victory roll which is also rad and not done enough anymore

The “Shocka in Osaka” with Juice is still an incredible moment four years later. Not quite a victory roll, but a hell of a cradle out of the OWA and seeing Juice tackle Red Shoes and act like he just won the lottery is such a :3: piece of footage.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Are you mistaking Shingo Takagi for Minoru Suzuki

And

are very different

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

karmicknight posted:

Who the gently caress is Shingo Takagi. I'm talking about the only person in wrestling named Takagi that matters to AEW.

Sanshiro Takagi, president of Cyberfight.

Sorry, that Takagi can only show up for a Madison Square Garden Empty Arena match

Which I suppose would mean he’d have to work with WWE!

:wal::stat:

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

graph posted:

this is kinda gnarly

Yeah, Shingo rules. Very strong argument to be made that he’s the best wrestler in the world right now, dude’s been on a run of absolute bangers since… well, for longer than I can even remember at this point.

Eat My Fuc posted:

I want to see Shingo vs Omega

Pumping Bomber vs V-Trigger! Last of The Dragons vs The One-Winged Angel!

Goddamn, even just replacing their names with their signature moves makes it sound like an epic.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Lamuella posted:

my wife has what I can only describe as "attractive hatred" for him. She doesn't watch much wrestling but will always watch him and cheerfully talk poo poo about him the whole time. He's her favourite and she hates him.

So you're saying your wife is like "stupid sexy Switchblade"

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Ganso Bomb posted:

Had he not been using "Cult of Personality" at this point? Was that only a thing once he came back after he won the title?

He started using it when he came back ahead of Summerslam, yes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9PIdDXmLgY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

The Stroker Ace posted:

Didn’t Punk come out to a Bouncing Souls song at some point?

He came out to "Night Train" for his actual farewell match in ROH, against Colt, which is where the crying Punk covered in streamers pic came from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vL_gyLkecSk