Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
CAGE VS STARKS 22 18.33%
CAGE VS HARDY 7 5.83%
PAGE VS DARBY 61 50.83%
THE MAGICAL GIRL VS THE BAD GIRL 11 9.17%
MOX VS KARL 13 10.83%
SAM VS WHEELER 6 5.00%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I’m pretty surprised at how many people think Archer is gonna beat Moxley next week. In addition to how protected Moxley is in AEW, I dunno if NJPW would be eager to move their belt off the big name who’s held it for an eternity for the benefit of a guy who doesn’t work in their company at a show they aren’t promoting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Miro is the best all around performer in AEW right now, I will stand by this until he stops cutting perfect one-minute promos every week

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
All Out is before Grand Slam anyway.

Assuming they do the Survivor Series match at Fight for the Fallen, they'll only have five weeks of TV to kill before getting to All Out. That's a totally reasonable amount of time for a PPV build for the biggest match your company could make. (If you absolutely need to get in one more Kenny title defense, you could have Silver/Five/Colt/whoever pin Kenny at Fight for the Fallen and get a shot on TV in August, but they've managed to pace things well enough that I wouldn't bat an eye at All Out being Kenny's next singles match)

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Yeah his thing is diarrhea drinking. It's been explained on Dark: Elevation but that probably needs to be reintroduced for TV-only viewers

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
This thread manifested "Peak eyeballs on Yuta" into reality

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The more I look at it the more I'm convinced that chart is strong evidence that one-episode samples of 15-minute ratings breakdowns are basically meaningless and it is deranged to try to extrapolate anything meaningful from it

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I think crowds are gonna help prevent Uno and Stu from getting lost in the shuffle the way they were during the Daily's Place era. The pop Uno got at DoN feels like a legit turning point for him. Got the TNT title shot, got the mic time to set up the most important match in the company's history, successfully took the ball and ran with it when he got both those opportunities.

Silver can get hero spots in the 5v5 without jumping the tag team pecking order (although Silver/Reynolds also own and I wouldn't be mad about any scenario that gives them more shine)

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Hefty Leftist posted:

if Hangman is going to win at All Out, who's going to be his first opponent to defend the title against?

Andrade and Malakai Black will be well positioned to challenge after All Out if they go over a Death Triangle guy/Cody in their first feuds
Ricky Starks revenge match post-neck injury
Ethan Page would be a good filler first feud but he’d have to get a meaningful singles win at some point

I like the idea of a heel Christian but at this point I would save that for when Jungle Boy wins the TNT title or something

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I am genuinely astonished they put QT back on TV the week after the blissful end of an interminable feud where he never looked good. I was very receptive to heel QT as a character / the Factory as a faction, but the execution was a dud post-turn, and at this point I can’t imagine what you could possibly do with him that would engage an audience

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Put some respect on Tully’s 1-0 record in 2021

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Eat My Fuc posted:

also the guillotine's are never coming out but it would be funny if they did and Tony's execution got a higher TV rating than Vince's. It'd probably lose in viewers but win in the key demo.

The blood barely even squirted out of Tony's neck hole. They need to realize this production looks amateurish if they want to ever actually catch up with the big boys

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
CM Punk should be booked exclusively in shoot-style fights where he gets squashed clean.

He also should have his name changed to CM Stunk

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Yeah, as someone who wasn't watching wrestling at the time but has gone back to watch a couple of early-10s highlight matches, I am more or less uninterested in Punk's wrestling ability but I acknowledge he talk real good. Ideally he'd slot in as a Special Attraction wrestler more than anything else. Use him like Sting but with more mic time, not like Christian. (edit: Or yeah, like Matt Hardy as the person above mentioned)

Pylons posted:

Punk convincing Wardlow to turn on MJF would be a fun storyline.

I am into idea of him as a messy little agent of chaos just flitting about as he sees fit to start drama

xbilkis fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Jul 21, 2021

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Grant DaNasty posted:

Hangman Page beats Kenny Omega in the "All Out" main event for the AEW World Championship. Hangman and the Dark Order celebrate with drinks, and then CM Punk comes out and knocks the drink out of Hangman's hand.

This is now the only acceptable way to debut Punk imo

Insane pop for the return, boos for the immediate heel turn, killer first title program for your top babyface

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Eat My Fuc posted:

I want to see Punk vs. Kenta vs. Danielson in a stolen moves reclamation elimination match where the first to eliminate a man gets the Busaiku Knee, and the overall winner of the match gets to keep the Go 2 Sleep. Kenta would win both falls and Punk retires, Danielson starts using the Busaiku Headbutt as a finish, CTE eventually causes him to murder Kenny Omega for the AEW world title live on PPV.

Give this man the book Tony

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Andrade's got another interview segment tonight so I would expect follow-up

BDawg posted:

Didn’t Mox get one?

Mox got one because they wanted to do a high-stakes gimmick match to bring resolution to a dangling plot thread (Kenny/Don screwing Mox and stealing the title)

There's no reason to run Britt/Shida back unless you wanted to try to pull off a double turn or something, and they had the opportunity to do that the first time around