Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
CAGE VS STARKS 22 18.33%
CAGE VS HARDY 7 5.83%
PAGE VS DARBY 61 50.83%
THE MAGICAL GIRL VS THE BAD GIRL 11 9.17%
MOX VS KARL 13 10.83%
SAM VS WHEELER 6 5.00%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

i want to know who's gonna give qt's stupid rear end a wedgie and kick him back to georgia, how dare he pour drink on good guy tony schiavone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

im watching last nights dynamite again and i have a big dumb grin on my face, this poo poo is so good

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

the christan matt match was so cool because they've worked with each other for so long that they can do big crazy spots with their old bodies because they trust each other so much and that is beautiful

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Cavauro posted:

chuck being "the big one" is hosed up. he's always been the tallest one but just by a little and without the muscle meat. well that's all

im an old school "tbs" braves fan so i like to call chuck "the big cat" like andres galarraga

yea he looks soft but dammit he's smooth as hell

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLECMCargd8

Cavauro posted:

re,ember ryan klesko

yes

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

graph posted:

i might have to rewatch it in that mindset

christians old rear end jumped from the top turnbuckle to the floor on a splash and i cant imagine he would do that for anyone other than like matt or jeff or edge

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Cavauro posted:

Marquis Grissom

fred "the crime dog" mcgriff

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Javy Lopez is a great wrestling name

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Beauchamp, a bench coach of the world champion 1995 atlanta braves

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

graph posted:

i miss that era of baseball. life was easier then

chipper named his son Shea because he had more road homers in the mets stadium than anywhere else

that is pure irl wrestling feud energy

e: gently caress the mets

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

god they dont need more singles guys but YUTA IS 24 AND AMAZING TONY KHAN PLEASE LOCK HIM UP

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

coconono posted:

all women's rampage edition coward TK.

put yuka up in a mansion and just let her wrestle everyone including mox lance archer and miro on rampage

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

the yuka penelope match was well laid out to play to both of their strengths

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

greg maddux

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

yea ok posted:

i thought yuka was really really bad in it but her char is so fun that it really doesnt matter

it was a bit of a styles clash for sure but i think the layout was penelope is more of a grounded striker and yuka is a high flyer, yuka didnt really get enough spots to show off how she floats but its a huge ask to have her come over to america and do that match and she was super over so im giving her all the benefit of the doubt and she went over so in the end i think the match worked and i want more yuka and more penelope

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Pinwiz11 posted:

Yuka > Darby

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

History Comes Inside! posted:

Cody is finally going to put someone over on his way out to do the next season of his talent show, right?

Right?

ive learned my lesson, but yes this is what should happen

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

The Stroker Ace posted:

drat it. I missed 90’s Braves talk, my one true chance to contribute.

bobby cox

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Cavauro posted:

it frigging sucks to name stars. like what are you even doing. you're not actually pulling a dusty name out of the ether for ppl to nod about. you're just being off-topic. at least say mark wohlers

andruw jones

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

my mom and grandma are huge braves fans and baseball is my least favorite to watch of the Big 3 American Sports but ill still watch games and keep up with the braves because ted turner is a genius

taking my mom to two braves games at turner field before it closed rocked rear end and i have a john smoltz bobblehead now and I got to see him ride around the field with chipper in a corvette

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Lamuella posted:

AEW roster as 28mm hard plastic Heroic Scale miniatures. In sprue form so you can choose heads and poses. Along with rules for an AEW TTRPG.

I want to see Pete The Wargamer kitbash a Fire Ant out of an Orange Cassidy figure and Serpentico's head.

sand those mold lines and fill those join gaps, people

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

graph posted:

does it affect the main aew stories at all? i don't want to spoiler myself

.... kind of? like potentially it very well could and would be sick as hell, but i expect it to be contained on impact... but maybe it wont

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Gumball Gumption posted:

They both honestly also have a really similar face, at least the forehead and nose. Look at pictures of them in real life.

i was working all day today but im also watching bebop vs lucha bros and it just hit me that hangman shoots the finger gun up in the air when the announcer says his name and kenny points the gun at the camera

this doesn't mean anything at all i just thought it was another cool parallel between two of my favorite guys

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

sticklefifer posted:

I don't often defend Impact, but one thing I appreciate is something you don't see much in other places. Men's divisions always have a mix of muscular, thin, stocky, fat, young and old, etc. But in most major promotions, every woman is either a traditionally attractive young athletic model, or promoted as a massive hulking beastwoman. Knockouts actually have a realistic spectrum of body types, and that's cool. They just want good wrestlers, not a look or an archetype.

i think aew also does this well now i just want to actually see them on my tv

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Penguin Patrol posted:

mods pls rename this poster to The Filth

man that was a hosed up comic book

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

nice, very nice

makes me happy, makes me smile

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

i think the article is funny because its so incredibly vague and is just "hey we 'heard' punk is talking to aew from some guy somewhere haha isn't that crazy?" and im pretty sure this same thing happened at the last 2 all outs

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

oh i didnt realize it was sean ross sapp, but also i believe he can be worked as well so i still dont buy it one bit lol

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

sean ross sapp is a liar and a hack!!

e: ah dangit

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

if his music hits and he comes out ill do the oh shitttttt oh my god face and get up out of my seat

if final countdown hits, im going to burn my loving house down

either way, im not counting on or even expecting it to happen but yea it would be cool right when it does

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

i will be taking up temporary residence in a cardboard box for the duration of all aew shows in the near future, please respect my privacy

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Gonzo McFee posted:

The only problem I have with Punk going to AEW is that his time to be a megastar was in the 2010s, and it's not AEW's responsibility to be the company that corrects that. They already have so many guys who could be the biggest stars in the industry, why waste their build time on guys who could have been better had WWE not hosed it up?

because the potential is there, the memories are already attached for a lot of people, and big biceps tony loving khan could absolutely capitalize on it

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Gonzo McFee posted:

Don't get me wrong, I want to see Punk in AEW. But AEW already has an absolutely bloated roster and only two hours of TV time, going up to three.

cm punk king of aew dark, the only place to see cm punk in 2022

just two hours of taz and ex making fun of cm punk while he wrestles

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Gumball Gumption posted:

"TNT and TBS are excited to announce the AEW Report hosted by CM Punk and Bryan Danielson."

id watch it

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Christian held up the world belt on like his 2nd appearanmce with the company but thankfully theyve forgotten about that

to be fair, i think its ok for a new guy to come out and declare his intentions that way, but its even better that in AEW that doesn't mean you just get a title shot because you said you wanted it, he has been wrestling a lot and winning but he's still not in the top 5 of wins so he has to keep working for it and that rocks

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Just get KENTA in so Punk, Wardlow, KENTA and Sammy can have a 4 Way GTS match

luchasaurus did a choke slam gts thing on fuego on dark, it was pretty sick

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

MJeff posted:

I mean that was basically just them getting some B-roll. The next week Christian immediately said "well yeah I know I gotta get wins first."

Yes. Sign Matt Cardona. Worst case scenario, he's a TV-ready guy who looks good and can talk and can work that you can put with people on Dark Elevation to get them reps with a good vet.

Having said that, I think Cardona is probably enjoying himself more as a (I think relatively highly pushed?) guy in Impact and doing poo poo with Nick Gage on the indies.

chelsea green just joined impact too so even more reason for him to hang out over there

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

yea ok posted:

aew's track record means that i am excited for any signing and will "wait and see" if their debut doesn't work out exactly perfect or blow my nuts off

yea this

i just dont think its going to happen at all because WWE is the (relatively) safe money and vince loves part timers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

This isn’t even remotely true anymore lol. AEW cut basically no one during a pandemic and WWE cut Braun Strowman while raking in record profits

yea for full time talent, im saying vince loves the nostalgia pop more than anyone else on his roster and i would bet vince gives punk that type of deal

but maybe not idk