Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
CAGE VS STARKS 22 18.33%
CAGE VS HARDY 7 5.83%
PAGE VS DARBY 61 50.83%
THE MAGICAL GIRL VS THE BAD GIRL 11 9.17%
MOX VS KARL 13 10.83%
SAM VS WHEELER 6 5.00%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

What a fuckin' show. We were basically sitting opposite the hardcam but probably out of range of the cameras, so we had a really good view of the action. Though I'm not sure if there's a bad seat in that arena because it's pretty compact.

We were in line behind the Boys & Girls Club and those kids were fuckin' STOKED to see some wrestling.

Very cool to see Starks get such a huge reaction and win a belt in Austin. He was always such a nice and humble dude when he would drop into the AAPW school so it's double fun to see him succeed and become a the key part of Team Taz.

There was a kid a few rows in front of us absolutely jamming to Jungle Boy's theme and it was made even better because he was wearing the "I'm not tranquilo, Im fuckin' crazy" t-shirt.

Lots of good and fun stuff on Dark & Elevation, and as a guy originally from the northeast who spent a good chunk of time in Pennsylvania, it's always sweet to see people like Bryce and Eddie succeed, especially with Eddie getting the spot of the "go out and send the crowd home happy" guy.

Just a great night of wrestling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Judging by the reaction in the building last night, crowds are gonna go loving ballistic when Hangman finally wins the belt.

And when Dark Order dethrone The Bucks.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Quantum of Phallus posted:

FTW/IWGP belt matches
Cody in a cool programme
Hangman/Kenny programme
Andrade going after Death Triangle
wrestling is back baby

The feeling that went through the crowd when Andrade revealed he wanted Death Triangle last night was really something. Everyone around us was immediately loving on board for Andrade vs Fenix, Penta, and PAC.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MassRafTer posted:

I will only accept this if Five is the one who pins Omega and we get Five vs Omega to pay off that horrible bad faith discourse about Angels kickout out of the V-Trigger.

I'd think maybe Kenny doesn't eat any pinfalls leading to the eventual singles match. Maybe he gets DQ'd or counted out or something? Maybe in his desperation to try and make sure Hangman loses, he hits him with a weapon, gets DQ'd, then someone else pins Hangman?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

And also to take Scorpio out as soon as possible so you weren't expecting shenanigans the whole match

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

enigmahfc posted:

going after Ricky Starks' FTW belt if they hadn't already do a program against Team Taz

Yeah, it's kind of a bummer that Darby already did a thing with Taz because Brian Cage recruiting Darby (and Sting) to get revenge on Starks, Hobbs, and Hook would be fun.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Cavauro posted:

aew is the 'bro' promotion.

Matt Cardona was only there for like 3 weeks

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

A funny thing I remembered from last night – when Tommy/Malakai came in to sneak attack Cody, they couldn't quite turn ALL of the lights and signs off so you could still see everything happening in the building. So Cody is standing there in the ring and can very plainly see Tommy run past him, then slide into the ring behind him while waiting for the house lights to come back on. Not sure if it looked darker on TV but it was pretty funny in person.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MJeff posted:

Number.

Number.

NUMBER.

*grabs Ganso Bomb and shakes them*

NUMBER!!!!!

AAAAHHHHH WHY AM I BEING SHAKEN

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Jerusalem posted:

Agreed but also, and hear me out here, Archer loses again and Jake cuts a promo about how he needs to listen to him and learn to start restraining and controlling his violent tendencies... at which point this plays and Suzuki lays out Jake and tells Archer the problem is he needs to be MORE recklessly violent. Suzuki-Gun USA is formed and Miro gets involved somehow.

If this does not happen then all human endeavor has been a pointless waste of time :colbert:

I sat there last night silently wishing that after Mox beat Karl, Kaze Ni Nare would kick in and Suzuki would show up to challenge Mox. I knew it wouldn't happen, but I had to at least try to will it into existence.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

It is a bummer that only like 60% of the figures look good/look like the actual person. I still want to buy a pair of Lucha Bros & PnP figures, but I think that's about it. Maybe Jungle Boy & Luchasaurus so I can sit Jungle Boy on Luchasaurus' shoulders. I guess I'm only interested in tag teams.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

TV Zombie posted:

Isn’t this britts second figure?

Sort of, I think? In the tweet it's called a "standard" version, and her other figure has entrance gear. But, the figure with the gloves doesn't seem to be on the Ringside Collectibles site so it's a little confusing. Maybe the coat comes off and isn't molded onto the figure?

Then there's this:

https://twitter.com/JeremyCom/status/1416091714591232000

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

sba posted:

Have you all considered that every episode of Dynamite is bad unless it features The Acclaimed?

The nice thing about seeing Dynamite live is that you get to see Dark and Elevation, so we still got to see an entrance rap and it was a good one. Tune into Dark and/or Elevation to check it out! I can't remember which show they were actually on.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

karmicknight posted:

oh gently caress, there is actually something that could be posted in the spoilers thread I would be mad about.

I wanted to be as vague as possible to not really be spoilery but just say "they have a match" because spoilers stink. But it's probably safe to assume if you don't see someone you like on Dynamite one week, they're going to be on one or both of the YouTube shows. They still taped a LOT of matches for Dark & Elevation.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

We're moving back to upstate NY in August and maybe if we're settled in enough by September, we'll see if there are any extra tickets to grab in NY/NJ and see some more AEW.

But really, fingers crossed that when borders open again that they run a show in Montreal because that'll be our nearest big city.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MassRafTer posted:

You should go to Rochester (if you are in the part of upstate NY near there. If you are in the Bear Mountain Area of Upstate NY ignore this) if you can it will be a special night.

Totally forgot about the Rochester show but we're basically the same distance from Rochester, Newark, and Queens so it's all up for grabs!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Alaois posted:

where tf did you move, saratoga

Not officially moving until next month, but Champlain.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

The Killswitch does indeed stink, for the reasons mentioned and because you have no control over how good it looks. The person taking it can either faceplant nicely or be overly safe about it.

I feel like all of Christian's signature moves were always weird and too elaborate. Maybe he can just take the Impaler DDT as an ode to Gangrel.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Sydney Bottocks posted:

She did appear on that one PPV if I recall? When AEW had to bring in some women to shore up the division for a battle royal or something.

Also yes please and bring Cassie and Jessie with her for an Aussie mean girls faction

Obviously this would mean they have to sign Dani Jordyn and put her with the group, too.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

magiccarpet posted:

There has been a big lack of Serena Deeb lately

She's on (I think) Elevation this week

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Lamuella posted:

So considering they've got a show in Pittsburgh coming up and she keeps getting the pop of the night, should we just take it as read that Britt Baker is a face now?

I think it's just the company letting things ride naturally. Everyone watched Britt do cool things and grow during the pandemic, and now that crowds are back they want to cheer her because she was super fun to watch. She's definitely playing more of a face in the Nyla build, especially with the promo on Dynamite talking about how she's lost to Nyla before but will overcome this time. I have a feeling when Rosa is able to be fully All Elite, Britt will revert back to full-on heel mode.

I wouldn't overthink it, though. She's probably most closely related to Austin during the height of his Attitude Era run. He did zero babyface things and, by all logic, should have been a heel because all he did was beat the poo poo out of everybody including defenseless refs, commentators, and figureheads. It's just that his in-ring targets wound up being heels, so he was easy to cheer – plus what he was doing was different from what everyone else was doing in the company at the time.

AEW feels like a place that doesn't care if heels get cheered or babyfaces get booed in specific situations. Inner Circle were heels for longer than they were babyfaces, and they still made the Judas singalong the focal point of their entrance. People just want to do whatever and have fun!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

smarxist posted:

lol JB's reaction to w/e the gently caress that Luchasaurus move was (chokeslam flippy boy into knee to the face)

is that a new finisher or just a crazy thing you can do with someone like Fuego?

This was also the reaction of everyone else in the building. We all thought we saw a life end right there.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Scarf posted:

Brock didnt look quite like he's wearing a diaper, but still needs new gear. Maybe some long pants...

Elevation was fun, some dude's legs seemed to completely buckle after running face first into Hobbs.

That dude got fuckin' ROCKED. Don't know how it came across on TV but our section at least let out a pretty sizable gasp when he ran into the brick wall of Hobbs.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

He's basically perfect in this role

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I can't believe AEW is taking away the last letter of people's last names now. This company is turning out just like WWE, smdh

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

If Jan from Giant Bomb doesn't win I'll be very upset.

Also, Jake is only allowed to do commentary if they pump his mic way up. He's always so much quieter than everyone else.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Akileese posted:

That belt absolutely rules.

For those at Austin last week, what time did y'all get out after the Dark Elevation taping? Trying to figure out if we'll be able to stay for the whole taping since we've got a near hour drive home.

I think they taped like 90 minutes after Dynamite went off the air? Or at least it felt like it was that long, it was a long night for sure. We didn't get home until around 11:45 and we're a 20 minute drive from the arena.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I love Punk's work and was a fan of his for years. The Colt stuff really stinks (and it STUNK) and soured me on him a bit, but even taking that out of the equation I don't know that AEW needs him at this point. Would it be fun to hear Cult of Personality or Miseria Cantare at an AEW show? Of course. Would the crowd (probably in Chicago) go nuts? Sure. But then what? I'm not inherently anti-old-guy but AEW has such a deep and great roster that they don't NEED a CM Punk to help them or boost legitimacy or anything.

Maybe he can do a couple of matches then do commentary on Rampage. He seemed pretty good at commentary the couple of times he did that in WWE.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Lid posted:

Also if Punk comes that means Punk, Doc Gallows and Serena Deeb are in the same company at the same time.

Bald Serena Deeb loving ruled.

Allergies (I think) are making me feel crummy so I think I'm gonna order a fat rear end pizza and light the fuse gently tonight. Or it could just be the stress and agony of packing for a cross-country move happening next week. Who knows!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Jiro posted:

No way, "This Fire Burns" is a way better song than that. The god pop he received in that Chicago match against Cena/Johnny Ace was to that song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wroqcQVcoIg

Had he not been using "Cult of Personality" at this point? Was that only a thing once he came back after he won the title?