Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Gavok posted:

Usually when I do cosplay at NYCC, I tend to go as someone obscure enough that only a few people get it, but it really makes their day (Leonard Ghostal, Shockmaster, Mokap). So back in 2015, I went as the cool skeleton ninja guy from the cool wrestling show that few people actually watched.

Please tell me you have pictures of your Leonard Ghostal cosplay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I had a poo poo day and I would like a cero miedo tag plz

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Thanks for the tag!

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2sy1kW8Nlc

LU sure gave us some cool matches.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

In Alton, Tx about four/five years back, maybe less, in this Tejano hole in the wall they put on a Lucha show. Some decently sized names AND Pentagon Jr, who I believe had just started doing awesome poo poo in Lucha Underground.

My friend who was a local wrestler going by Ruthless Lala was part of a six man tag, got to go forehead to forehead with Penta in a stare down, she was a bad rear end heel, could move like Kevin Owens, had his size give or take as well. She doesn't back down and he totally respects her for it on his way out.

loving awesome, she said he was cool as gently caress.

I was having lovely nachos and some Mexican Coca-Colas having a loving blast.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Thanks for the tag! (I'll center it when I eventually change my avatar).

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Thanks for the tag! CERO MEIDO!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
My favorite Lucha Bros moment was probably Escalara De La Muerte or St Paddys day Penta.

Love Alex as the connection from normies backstage to the Death Triangle.

Give me the gangtag please

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

If you can replace the Dark Order one with this one, it would be cool. I enjoy the skellington man

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
:miedo:

Pentagon is the best and I want to see him vs Kenny for the World Title

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Holy poo poo I just seen the scrolling thing. Insanely sweet. Thank u. Cero miedo all loving day

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

The build to the first Ultima Lucha with the antagonizing of Vampiro and breaking arms for his master was my favorite part of that season. Penta’s probably the first person to ever wrestle with light tubes on broadcast television and that rules hard.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Nobody is cooler than Penta

:miedo:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I don't know where to find the picture, but I liked plain clothes Penta and Fenix at the football(?) game AEW went to :v:

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

My favorite Penta moment was the first 2 seasons of Lucha Underground.

All the arm breaking,
The Vampiro .... stuff

whatever this is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzqQCoJ5Fy8

also, from S1E03
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ugpgyh5fIo

I hadn't watch wrestling in a decade at that point and Fenix was a complete mindscrew.

Jonny Nox fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jul 17, 2021

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Seams posted:

I would also like to express my appreciation for those particular luchadores

This man has never cero'd a Miedo in his life.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

My favorite Penta moment was when he was hunted once. He'd just came back from 'Nam. He was hitching through Oregon and some cop started harassing him. Next thing you know, Penta had a whole army of cops chasing him through the woods and had to take 'em all out--it was a bloodbath CERO MIEDO!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I've never had a gang tag before so why not.

My recent favorite Penta moment happened in Austin on Wednesday but you'll have to tune in to Elevation to see it!

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Heres one of my favourite Pentagon Jr. moments.
He poses with a young fan in the ring for a photo.

Then powerbombs the little brat for his insolence.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
yeah i think i need this tag, thank you

Netsky
Jun 24, 2004
I AM THE STREET

I'd like this gang tag as Pentagon is the best wrestler thank you

The Shockmaster
Jul 12, 2017

I've been a Penta fan since back in Lucha Underground. I remember watching the first Aztec Warfare match where Penta doesn't fight, but he appears in the audience threatening everybody with his chair (atleast that's how I remember it). My roommate who was getting into wrestling around the time came in and asked what the hell was going on. I explained that Lucha Underground was Mortal Kombat and Penta was Scorpion, and my friend immediately got it and it also clicked for me why I love Penta. He checks those same boxes in my head that made me think Scorpion was loving awesome when I was like five.

I'd love a tag as well.

The Shockmaster fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Jul 17, 2021

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i've only known Penta since tuning into AEW a couple years ago but he quickly became one of my absolute favorites

this is a simple thing, but i chuckled over it randomly for weeks after when Penta hauled off and kicked Karl Anderson in the balls to counter the Magic Killer

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/595841839295365125/865678514182553610/tJ1LAiKJlS.mp4

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

BrigadierSensible posted:

He poses with a young fan in the ring for a photo.

Please tell me h-

:perfect:

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

From one of Penta's art pieces in the Republic of Lucha store:

quote:

Penta brings the corpse of the vampire he’s been forced to destroy to the altar not as an offering, but to swear bloody vengeance on the God that made him kill her...

Replace the Brodie tag if there's no room

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

The tag match at Double or Nothing 2019 was the first time I saw the Lucha Bros, and it was glorious. Obviously, Fenix breaking the laws of physics was super impressive because it was Fenix breaking the laws of physics, but the lucha skeleton man was my favorite.

I don't really want to get rid of either of my current gangtags to make space for this one, so could I get that rad scrolling thing for my existing tags as well?

dracula vladdy AF
May 6, 2011
I started watching AEW back in January, watching Dark for a couple of months before diving right into Dynamite following Revolution.

One of the first matches I saw was a dark match with Rey Fenix, can't remember who he fought though, as he commanded all of my attention. As someone who didn't really watch much wrestling up to that point, seeing a man casually running across ropes and flying around the ring was one of the main things that got me hooked.

tbh if I were to try and recommend someone AEW at this point and I wanted to present some amazing technical stuff, I seriously doubt there is any tag team on the same level as the Lucha Bros/Death Triangle. They are magnificient.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

The Shockmaster posted:

that made me think Scorpion was loving awesome when I was like five.

:stonklol:

EdogawaRandPaul posted:

From one of Penta's art pieces in the Republic of Lucha store:

yeah i got both veladoras shipped to me they own

i do not want the tag thank you

96 BELOW THE WAVE
Sep 12, 2011

all your prayers must seem as nothing

LUCHA BROS FOREVER

my favourite memory besides every time they’re on my screen was getting legitimately shoot mad when the Bucks tore Fenix’ mask off

I am still heated

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
I will always remember Fenix hitting THAT kick on Orange Cassidy out of nowhere.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Babysaurus is a stand out for me, but I also love stupid gif of penta jumping on the rope to boot archer in the head. He makes it all look so easy.

Unfortunately imgur isn't working for me atm, but pretend I posted it and asked for a tag.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

out with the old death triangle and in with the ciero miedo

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

TRANQUILO DE LA MUERTE!

idk if I have to lose a tag to make this happen but if so Im okay with that sacrifice

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

CERO NIÑOS

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Lucha Underground was my first exposure to both the lucha bros, Fenix was cool but Pentagon was always the one that stood out to me.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

I know this episode gets in a lot of people's grills, but I really enjoyed it because the matches ruled, and also penta ostensibly getting his comeuppance at the end.

just like I wanna get this gang tag in the end.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

sticklefifer posted:

Please tell me you have pictures of your Leonard Ghostal cosplay.

https://twitter.com/Gavin4L/status/1294375364169539585

Not sure if I'm doing anything for this year's show, but I'm considering G from Street Fighter.

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

I've been trying to find the match for like a day now and I can't find it. But I have one moment stuck in my head of Rey Fenix getting like a rope assisted 15 feet of air to land a move, but it was on a dark match or some poo poo. I just remember thinking "This guy has the power to break the laws of physics and he's just doing that poo poo for giggles, this is a no-stakes match against a jobber and he's still going this loving hard". I think it was a singles match but I could be wrong.

Anyways idk if that's my favorite Lucha Bros, but it definitely is the one that sticks in my mind.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

hell yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okkult
Oct 10, 2012

I would like a tag.

Also, I remember an early Dynamite where Fenix flew off screen with no warning. He was jumping onto someone outside the ring, but he moves so fast it looked like he was flying away.