Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Lots of great Penta appreciation, but I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for Fenix' Grave Consequences match against Mil Muertes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Icvizxc3UB0

He did some sick bumps into the coffin, had his mask almost entirely ripped off, bleed like crazy, and still hit plenty of crazy moves.

Aside from that match specifically, there's also this:

Lethrom posted:

I've been trying to find the match for like a day now and I can't find it. But I have one moment stuck in my head of Rey Fenix getting like a rope assisted 15 feet of air to land a move, but it was on a dark match or some poo poo. I just remember thinking "This guy has the power to break the laws of physics and he's just doing that poo poo for giggles, this is a no-stakes match against a jobber and he's still going this loving hard". I think it was a singles match but I could be wrong.

Anyways idk if that's my favorite Lucha Bros, but it definitely is the one that sticks in my mind.

Not sure which match it was, but at the end of 2020/beginning of 2021 Fenix had a series of matches on Dark where, like you said, it was just most jobber squashes, but every single match had at least one spot where I went "What the hell kind of insane move was that?!?" and left in awe at the stuff that Fenix was pulling out against guys like KC Navarro, Baron Black or Vary Morales.

But actually now that I think about it, the spot you talk about may have been in the 6-man match at Beach Break (Fenix/Pac/Mox against Kenny/Good Brothers) where Rey jumped onto the second rope and did like the highest highcross ever.

Also, never forget the time he absolutely decapitated Orange Cassidy with a flying kick from offscreen.

Also also, since I forgot it, yes to the gangtag, please.

Germansimp fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jul 17, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

please give me another tag honoring this awesome skeleton ninja

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Okkult posted:

I would like a tag.

Also, I remember an early Dynamite where Fenix flew off screen with no warning. He was jumping onto someone outside the ring, but he moves so fast it looked like he was flying away.

sometimes he has to go, his home planet needs him (and unfortunately he gets injured along the way :( )

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

Germansimp posted:

But actually now that I think about it, the spot you talk about may have been in the 6-man match at Beach Break (Fenix/Pac/Mox against Kenny/Good Brothers) where Rey jumped onto the second rope and did like the highest highcross ever.

Oh poo poo this was definitely it. I was way off about it being a singles match against a jobber.

I did rewatch the KC Navarro and Baron Black dark matches trying to find the spot and they're still p great.

(Also I would like a gangtag please, didn't mention that in my first post)

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

i remember the first match i saw the lucha bros in outside of lu, i think it might have been that king of trios? seeing fenix do his stuff in a situation that wasn't as tightly controlled and edited as lucha underground but working still so crisp and flawless was mindblowing. the dude is inhuman
and also i would like to have the amazing gang tag thank you

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
It's already long so ditch the Triangulo one for the straight Penta gangtag.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

When Penta was mystified by himself appearing in the ring, tied with Penta in general just being the coolest.

Would love the tag, replacing the Warcraft one.

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

If we’re still doing the tag, please put this below my existing. Thank you!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Lid posted:

It's already long so ditch the Triangulo one for the straight Penta gangtag.

jesus christ

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

Germansimp posted:

Lots of great Penta appreciation, but I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for Fenix' Grave Consequences match against Mil Muertes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Icvizxc3UB0

He did some sick bumps into the coffin, had his mask almost entirely ripped off, bleed like crazy, and still hit plenty of crazy moves.

Hell yeah. I think luchadores bleeding with their mask all ripped up might be my favorite thing in wrestling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wXjU6syG-c
Here's a very sweet interview with the lucha bros :3

CHaKKaWaKka fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Jul 17, 2021

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Love the St Patrick’s day Riddler Penta and I finally got my hands on this guy:

I’ll drop my Death Triangle tag for this one. I don’t need it any obnoxiously longer.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I don't want the tag but one of my favorite Lucha Bros moments was an Impact show, maybe during Wrestlemania week where the Lucha Bros' opponents didn't show up that night for whatever reason and they decided they'd just beat the poo poo out of each other. Pentagon did his usual trash-talking in the ring which included screaming at Fenix "Your mother is a whore!"

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

RealFoxy posted:

I don't want the tag but one of my favorite Lucha Bros moments was an Impact show, maybe during Wrestlemania week where the Lucha Bros' opponents didn't show up that night for whatever reason and they decided they'd just beat the poo poo out of each other. Pentagon did his usual trash-talking in the ring which included screaming at Fenix "Your mother is a whore!"

My friends mom would always say "hijo de tu puta madre" to him.

One day he said: "but that's...you"

She got even madder.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Man, I was posting in a rush before, but here's my favorite lucha bros moment:

https://twitter.com/akfytwrestling/status/1260727772353376256?s=20

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

enigmahfc posted:

I know nothing about tags but i really want this one.

All time wrestling character moment right here.

If I was going to introduce someone to AEW, or wrestling in general, this is the first match I would cue up.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
Gold Penta and Aubrey!

https://streamable.com/73ro7

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Rey Fenix doing a springboard headbutt off the middle rope that got so much air I went back afterwards to screencap it, because holy poo poo I popped for that headbutt.

Penta being the coolest spookiest skeleton friend.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

hooman posted:

Rey Fenix doing a springboard headbutt off the middle rope that got so much air I went back afterwards to screencap it, because holy poo poo I popped for that headbutt.

Penta being the coolest spookiest skeleton friend.

Penta / LA Park tag team when?

Dr. Dirt
Jan 1, 2008

This one goes out to all the Legomaniacs!
Earlier this year, I went to a Comic Con-type event here in Melbourne, Australia, and was lucky enough to buy these guys.

I’m hoping to build a Lego creation based on Penta’s mask, but I’ve only done a little bit of planning for it so far.

Edit: I’d like to have a gang tag, please. It’ll be my first one!

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I once saw Penta chop a man so hard that it reached through my screen and left a welt on my own chest.

Actually this happens every time Penta chops a man, but I wear those scars with pride.

E: And oh yeah, if you give me a tag you can take away the second Joe.

Cerebral Bore fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jul 18, 2021

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Thank you so much for the tag, I just noticed it today while posting from work. Son muy chingon.

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

Oh man am I too late for a Penta tag? Love that skeleton ninja (and his flippy brother) :miedo:

(Please keep the Brodie tag if possible, not really sure how tags work/how many can be listed).

gripebomb
Dec 13, 2006

I wanted to fight the world.

- Eddie Kingston
Got to hang out with them at Glory Pro in St. Louis. Talked for a bit with Rey and got pictures and autographs. Super cool guys.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

I'm a dumbass euro who rarely stays up until 4am to light the fuse and DB retirement put me off wrestling for a long time and then I started watching aew and after 2 Rey Fenix matches I'm like "sweet Jesus this guy is the best wrestler in the world" and then I saw Penta do a Canadian destroyer and wear a St paddy's hat and suddenly I'm spending 30 euros in shipping alone to get a very nice t-shirt.

Tl,Dr: tag, por favor, nuke the knights of lebron one tia

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Grave Consequences between Fenix and Mil Muertes is one of a handful of good casket matches.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

I've seen two Penta vs Omega matches and they were both incredible; Penta's presence and charisma are drat near unmatched. Him vs Orange Cassidy was also tremendous, as was Fenix vs OC and Fenix's run of insane matches on Dark.

I think my favorite moment for both guys was their Dynamite match that was so good, AEW booked a rematch for that and no other reason and it also ruled.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I was in the crowd for the Young Bucks-Lucha Bros ladder match and I thought I was going to see someone die, a loving wild match.

TheJunkyardGod
Sep 19, 2004

Do not taunt the Octopus
Ive never seen them wrestle in person but I really want to se them wrestle in person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

My favorite Penta memory is watching him in some random independent lucha show where it was pouring rain and the ring was absolutely flooded & unsafe to work in, so Penta just spent the entire match brawling through the crowd and busting up his opponent while yelling obscenities.

My favorite Fenix memory is the first time I saw him soccer kick a dude in the face while running the ropes. It was rapturous.

Slam that tag underneath the current one if possible, please and thank you!