Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Lots of great Penta appreciation, but I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for Fenix' Grave Consequences match against Mil Muertes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Icvizxc3UB0

He did some sick bumps into the coffin, had his mask almost entirely ripped off, bleed like crazy, and still hit plenty of crazy moves.

Aside from that match specifically, there's also this:

Lethrom posted:

I've been trying to find the match for like a day now and I can't find it. But I have one moment stuck in my head of Rey Fenix getting like a rope assisted 15 feet of air to land a move, but it was on a dark match or some poo poo. I just remember thinking "This guy has the power to break the laws of physics and he's just doing that poo poo for giggles, this is a no-stakes match against a jobber and he's still going this loving hard". I think it was a singles match but I could be wrong.

Anyways idk if that's my favorite Lucha Bros, but it definitely is the one that sticks in my mind.

Not sure which match it was, but at the end of 2020/beginning of 2021 Fenix had a series of matches on Dark where, like you said, it was just most jobber squashes, but every single match had at least one spot where I went "What the hell kind of insane move was that?!?" and left in awe at the stuff that Fenix was pulling out against guys like KC Navarro, Baron Black or Vary Morales.

But actually now that I think about it, the spot you talk about may have been in the 6-man match at Beach Break (Fenix/Pac/Mox against Kenny/Good Brothers) where Rey jumped onto the second rope and did like the highest highcross ever.

Also, never forget the time he absolutely decapitated Orange Cassidy with a flying kick from offscreen.

Also also, since I forgot it, yes to the gangtag, please.

Germansimp fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jul 17, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU