Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AK-47
Jul 10, 2001

I really don't watch WWE stuff much if ever unless its like Walter vs Ilya and I kinda wanted to give this a chance because I know Smackdown is supposed to be the better show but what in the actual gently caress is this trash? I was just at the AEW taping in Austin and it's such a jarring whiplash the difference in quality of product. When the announcers can't even explain why someone just attacked someone else on their debut back to the show that seems like a problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
I swear I must be the only person who doesn't really notice the cuts unless they're really egregious.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I'm here for the Bianca match.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
I'm happy for Bianca that she finally got that big pop

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
its good to know that even wwe couldnt gently caress up getting bianca belair over huge

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

“Big fight feel”

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

shiksa posted:

its good to know that even wwe couldnt gently caress up getting bianca belair over huge
Don't worry, it's only their first show back!

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Lol that Carmella is a shrewd veteran now. Vintage Carmella!

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
2 womens matches on the same show might be a record for SmackDown

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Three minutes into a title match, better cut to commercials!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

AK-47 posted:

I really don't watch WWE stuff much if ever unless its like Walter vs Ilya and I kinda wanted to give this a chance because I know Smackdown is supposed to be the better show but what in the actual gently caress is this trash? I was just at the AEW taping in Austin and it's such a jarring whiplash the difference in quality of product. When the announcers can't even explain why someone just attacked someone else on their debut back to the show that seems like a problem.

SmackDown hasn't been good in a while. It is mostly better than Raw, but the show tends to try and cram too much poo poo in and never gives enough time for actual wrestling. Just because it's better than Raw doesn't mean it's good. The most you can really hope is like, this match for instance, if they give Bianca and Carmella time since both are capable enough to put on a quality match. Other than that you get small snippets of fun stuff that's lost in a sea of overproduced and overlong segments and promos.

NXT is legit good. But AEW is far and away putting on the best shows right now.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Digital Jedi posted:

2 womens matches on the same show might be a record for SmackDown

Happens all the time but usually one of them is a #givedivasachance amount of length

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

If NXT is similar to Smackdown in terms of commercials runs it does look like WWE runs a couple more commercial breaks than AEW. If anything Smackdown might be running more commercials than NXT. https://www.pwmania.com/minute-by-minute-viewership-analysis-of-aew-dynamite

Le Saboteur fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jul 17, 2021

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Out of boredom I've been timing smackdown, 3 minutes of a title match followed by 3 minutes of commercials

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

surf rock posted:

I'm happy for Bianca that she finally got that big pop

What are you talking about? She had a bigger pop at the end of WrestleMania 1st night.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
the pattern on biancas gear looks like an upside down dr robotnik face

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Digital Jedi posted:

Sami still rules

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

Le Saboteur posted:

I swear I must be the only person who doesn't really notice the cuts unless they're really egregious.

I used to not notice them as much until I got on these forums. They drive me insane

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Wow, Belair very over with the live crowds. Thats great to see.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
that suplex spot was cool

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

At 11 minutes, the women have taken the longest match on the card! At One hour, 15 minutes we've finally hit 25 minutes of wrestling

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

lmao otis

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

lol at heel shaved otis

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

did otis get a lobotomy

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

the Otis tshirt has a beard but Otis doesnt

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Cesaro just made the list!!

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Shave my Otis

AK-47
Jul 10, 2001

maybe it was just my stream or a bad mic but did the hair whip spot basically make no sound compared to the one from WM?

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Pamela Springstein posted:

the Otis tshirt has a beard but Otis doesnt

Lol

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

with the right glasses he'd look like Drew Carey (classic version)

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Evil Otis a lil scary, ngl

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm already bored of this show and I'm gonna go buy ice cream instead, great showing by the WWE

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Blaise330 posted:

Evil Otis a lil scary, ngl

They've done a good job making him a big scary guy.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

This is better than being shorty g

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

So they’re canning in noise right?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

otis doesn't love to have fun anymore

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Yeah I like what they've been doing with Chad and Otis for the most part.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Cesaro could do so many cool things to Otis and we get this

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Me 1 minute ago: this could be a cool match

Me now: lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006