Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
Iron Harvest has more personality and creative inspiration than Company of Heroes 3 does. fight me irl

Company of Heroes 3 isn't a bad game, still

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

CuddleCryptid posted:

It certainly had better concept art, I don't think that could be questioned, but it only counts as creative if it actually works.

The campaign worked really well imo. Look at this bear and say Iron Harvest is bad. You can't do it.

The stealth mission and the hero units were cool and had memorable personalities.

The tutorial was super creative and well executed: teaching the game's rules with a children's snowball fight. Best tutorial of any RTS.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
The unit responsiveness and pathing is equally as annoying between CoH 3 and Iron Harvest. It's like a half second, so dodging grenades is just as annoying as telling the Schmalwy walkers to go stomp in some other direction.

Also, the hero units are more fun than the passive command points you use to pick your tech tree and unlock stuff.

The flamethrowers in CoH 3 are more fun than the flamethrowers in Iron Harvest though. I wish CoH 3 had the medics from Iron Harvest.

edit: it'd be cool to watch Kolokols fight Chaffees in a cross-over game, a la Marvel vs Capcom.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Wish there was a mainstream Zero Hour-like on the horizon so that teh_pwnerer could come back and show us all how it's done

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Tried watching some CoH2 streamers because of the CoH3 beta being fun to see what the game's community is like, and sure enough not even 5 minutes into it, this guy was restreaming some right wing CHUD youtube trash while queueing for his next match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012

Janissary Hop posted:

Well it keeps the doors open in the short term. I'm more curious who's the external investor who was like "you know who's a sure bet? Relic Entertainment."

Booby Cottage