Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
Looking at S-E NA's press website, seems like they're still sticking to "Summer 2021" for the PC version. You'd think they'd have at least said "August 2021" or "September 2021" specifically by this point, they're rapidly running out of summer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

MorningMoon posted:

Gotcha, thanks

I believe the ability to change the difficulty isn’t given to you until Week 1 Day 4 to be exact

Also I’m guessing the demo upped your defense a bit since enemies seem to hit a lot harder/take a bit less damage in the main game.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Jul 27, 2021

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.
Has anyone else on Switch been having their Joycons disconnect/desync during this game? Like, this morning they kept disconnecting in the middle of cutscenes and the game would interrupt with "Press L+R", and I'd notice that my Joycons were off. The left one had a harder time reconnecting, but I'd reconnect them and press L+R, and as soon as the game resumed they'd immediately shut off again and I'd have to repeat this two or three times to actually continue. It's weird and I'm wondering if I should just get a pro controller.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Everything's been pretty breezy except when a shark jumped three of my party members at once and instagibbed me. Feel like I haven't quite gotten the hang of the combat yet, but I'll get there.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
Neo TWEWY plot speculation/spoilers below up to day 7

I am fully expecting Minamimoto to betray or fully abandon the party, given what I already know of his behavior from TWEWY. His behavior in Neo continues to be super suspicious, and frankly, I'll find it a bigger twist if he doesn't betray the Wicked Twisters.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

W1D6:

I'll take it!

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Terper posted:

W1D6:

I'll take it!

Hell of a lot better than what I was able to do in the unpatched game, where I could only get 10k, maybe it was 15k.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Nagi is….weird but I kind of like her. So are these 4 basically your team for the rest of the game or do you get new partners as things progress (also will you ever get more than 4 teammates at some point)?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jul 27, 2021

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006

Terper posted:

W1D6:

I'll take it!

I only got like 12,000 points even though I updated the game.

Apropos of this post, once we're out of spoiler territory I'd really like Nagi's screen-facing blank stare as an emote.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Neo TWEWY plot speculation/spoilers below up to day 7

I am fully expecting Minamimoto to betray or fully abandon the party, given what I already know of his behavior from TWEWY. His behavior in Neo continues to be super suspicious, and frankly, I'll find it a bigger twist if he doesn't betray the Wicked Twisters.

Based on New Day from the Switch version of the first game it seems he was revived as Neku’s new game partner (who is literally on the title screen and was confirmed as appearing by the trailer at the end of the demo) and seems to currently be trying to lure our old buddy Phones out of hiding

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
Incidentally, there's a very good reason to give characters food they like besides just extra stat boosts: sometimes, the Tasty Bonus can permanently boost your drop rate.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I blew all my money on food because I wanted to see Minamimoto smile :kiddo:

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006

MorningMoon posted:

I blew all my money on food because I wanted to see Minamimoto smile :kiddo:

Minamimoto is a confirmed canon millenial, he likes avocado toast :v:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So on Week 1 Day 4 I’m having trouble with the last of the Ryoji clues. Where’s “a yellow building’s entrance”?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jul 28, 2021

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Tower Records

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Tower Records.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Literally just found it after I posted that but thanks

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also I highly recommend doing the Prince sidequest on the same day as completing it gives you the ability to automatically cash in money pins the second you get them.

So based on the ramen sidequest I assume this game takes place about 3 years after the original? It’s either that or not long after A New Day.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Larryb posted:

Also I highly recommend doing the Prince sidequest on the same day as completing it gives you the ability to automatically cash in money pins the second you get them.

So based on the ramen sidequest I assume this game takes place about 3 years after the original? It’s either that or not long after A New Day.

NEO takes place three years after the original, yes.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Rea posted:

NEO takes place three years after the original, yes.

That’s what I figured, also it seems like nearly every character from the original returns in this game in some form or another (I like Beat’s new design by the way)

As I mentioned. this game apparently has its own Another Day as well so I look forward to seeing what weirdness awaits me there

So far this game appears to be a massive improvement over the first game in most respects (I like that chaining Noise battles also increases the drop rate as a result and your destination (usually) being marked on the map is a helpful touch as well).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Jul 28, 2021

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Things I like:

-Sidequests are included in Rindo's Thoughts at the start of every day so you know where to swing by to grab some FP/someone on the Social Network
-Red Hoodie Reapers have more personality

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Just got my rear end kicked by some sharks :mad:

Larryb posted:

So far this game appears to be a massive improvement over the first game in most respects (I like that chaining Noise battles also increases the drop rate as a result and your destination (usually) being marked on the map is a helpful touch as well).

Both of those were in the first game, though :v:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

YggiDee posted:

Just got my rear end kicked by some sharks :mad:

Both of those were in the first game, though :v:

True, the characters in the new game don’t seem quite as memorable as the first set though but they still have their moments.

Also it seems that a “A New Day” from the Switch version of the first game is pretty important to the plot of NEO so if you didn’t play that version/mode I suggest looking up a video (or at least reading a wiki summary) before you get too far into it. Like, before you hit the second week.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
What are all of the 100% Groove attacks? I know there's Spiky Bullets Falling, Big FU Meteor, Lightning Cage, Spinning Tornado Summon, Freeze Everything, Rocks Falling and Dark Homing Wheels

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
There's also big-rear end explosions on the Burst affinity.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Light sends lasers randomly from all sides, piercing through everything.

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

Poison is a massive toxic cloud or sludge deluge.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Where do I find “sinful ramen” on day 4? Only one haven’t found

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also having just gone through Day 5 may I add that the time travel mechanic can be loving tedious at times. Is this the worst of it though?

Speaking of gimmicks, is there a trick to Fret’s mechanic? Mostly I’ve just been rotating the sticks randomly until I got lucky.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Jul 28, 2021

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

theblackw0lf posted:

Where do I find “sinful ramen” on day 4? Only one haven’t found

Outside the ramen place in Center Street.

E: Might be Tipsy Tose Hall? I think its Center Street

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Outside the ramen place in Center Street.

E: Might be Tipsy Tose Hall? I think its Center Street

It's just outside Glutton 4 Gluten in Center Street, yes.

Larryb posted:

Also having just gone through Day 5 may I add that the time travel mechanic can be loving tedious at times. Is this the worst of it though?

Speaking of gimmicks, is there a trick to Fret’s mechanic? Mostly I’ve just been rotating the sticks randomly until I got lucky.

Day 5 is the low point of the game, yeah. It's also by far the longest Replay section, which is part of why it's the low point.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Rea posted:

It's just outside Glutton 4 Gluten in Center Street, yes.

Day 5 is the low point of the game, yeah. It's also by far the longest Replay section, which is part of why it's the low point.

Thank christ for that then, good to know.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Did all of W1D4 after work. Fun stuff. Feels good figuring out how all the moves' properties can interact and string together before swapping stuff around to the next variation of the combo.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Junpei posted:

What are all of the 100% Groove attacks? I know there's Spiky Bullets Falling, Big FU Meteor, Lightning Cage, Spinning Tornado Summon, Freeze Everything, Rocks Falling and Dark Homing Wheels

In addition to what others said there's also Sound which DROPS THE loving BASS under your targeted enemy in a huge pulsing ground aoe.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

A Sometimes Food posted:

In addition to what others said there's also Sound which DROPS THE loving BASS under your targeted enemy in a huge pulsing ground aoe.

Alright, that confirms all of the following Affinities:
-No Affinity
-Fire
-Ice
-Elec/Lightning
-Light
-Dark
-Wind
-Stone
-Poison
-Burst
-Sound

According to what others have said that still doesn't state what Kinesis, Magnetism, Water, and Time do.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Water causes several small water spouts to spawn all over the arena, and Kinesis ragdolls a bunch of big metal objects around.

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

I was born ready. I'm Ron Fucking Swanson.
Is there any resource online anywhere that will tell me what foods different characters love/hate?

I am really enjoying this so far, but it's pretty tedious replaying a day because it has a unique boss at the end that I want the drop for for the 3 different available difficulties, because it takes WAY longer to replay the day than it ever did in TWEWY.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Yeah, days are getting real long. Hoping that's just because i'm at the end of week 1 and the next few days will be a bit shorter, it's getting a bit exhausting.

Also, speaking about the end of Week 1 I saw in the thread that the points from Scramble Slam have been boosted in a day 1 patch but I still didn't perform well enough to get any of the prizes and I thought I did pretty good. Is the patch yet to hit Switch or would some higher chains really give that big a boost?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Also, speaking about the end of Week 1 I saw in the thread that the points from Scramble Slam have been boosted in a day 1 patch but I still didn't perform well enough to get any of the prizes and I thought I did pretty good. Is the patch yet to hit Switch or would some higher chains really give that big a boost?
You want to maximize your chains as much as possible, so 4 normal encounters + a Scramble one for every fight, as well as get as many beat drops as possible in those fights, and avoid getting hit as much as possible, and also play on Hard. If you get 4 Noise and then walk in front of the NPCs, that's also a 5-chain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I missed that you could chain for the player fights, that'd probably explain it.