Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.
I'm still having a little trouble getting used to the new control scheme from the Neo demo and remembering what button does what. I hope I can get a handle on it for the full release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
Has anyone else on Switch been having their Joycons disconnect/desync during this game? Like, this morning they kept disconnecting in the middle of cutscenes and the game would interrupt with "Press L+R", and I'd notice that my Joycons were off. The left one had a harder time reconnecting, but I'd reconnect them and press L+R, and as soon as the game resumed they'd immediately shut off again and I'd have to repeat this two or three times to actually continue. It's weird and I'm wondering if I should just get a pro controller.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
Neo TWEWY plot speculation/spoilers below up to day 7

I am fully expecting Minamimoto to betray or fully abandon the party, given what I already know of his behavior from TWEWY. His behavior in Neo continues to be super suspicious, and frankly, I'll find it a bigger twist if he doesn't betray the Wicked Twisters.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006

Terper posted:

W1D6:

I'll take it!

I only got like 12,000 points even though I updated the game.

Apropos of this post, once we're out of spoiler territory I'd really like Nagi's screen-facing blank stare as an emote.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006

MorningMoon posted:

I blew all my money on food because I wanted to see Minamimoto smile :kiddo:

Minamimoto is a confirmed canon millenial, he likes avocado toast :v:

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006

Larryb posted:

Even on Easy the game seems a lot less stingy about handing out EXP than it’s predecessor did.

Yeah, about that: I don't think Easy actually helps you kill enemies any faster, it just makes them do less damage to you.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006

Larryb posted:

Yeesh, so what’s the advantage of playing on Ultimate then? Better pin drops/EXP?

Pin drops. Each noise almost always has a unique pin drop for each difficulty.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
SUPER MAJOR PLOT SPOILERS FOR THE NEO ENDGAME (but not postgame yet) AND ALSO ORIGINAL TWEWY BELOW, DO NOT HIGHLIGHT IF YOU HAVE NOT BEATEN THE GAME

Wow, Kubo is a foil to Hanekoma in so many ways. They're both Angels with a special hand in running the game, they both hover around the group teaching them about things with their own agendas.... but where Hanekoma was friendly and trying to save Shibuya, Kubo is a complete goddamn sleaze and is actively trying to kill Shibuya. Wild poo poo.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006

Oxxidation posted:

do you need to replay a boss Noise's specific chapter for the chance at their pin? i vaguely remember them showing up as regular Noise in the first TWEWY but that might have been a postgame thing

You can unlock boss noise with a Social Network skill but it's much, much later on. You're stuck doing full chapter replays until you get it.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
Regarding the "lol use a guide" nature of ??? evolution pins:

You can actually unlock a FP-expensive skill towards the end of the game that reveals the evolution conditions without needing a guide.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

As a heads up you can get a tasty bonus from just content images. Some characters have 4 reactions and some have 3

There are 4 reactions? I've only seen three when presenting characters with food: "love", "ok" and "hate".

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006

Waterfall Watcher posted:

hoep yuuoo discs an't scared

*you

This sequence in a nutshell

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006

Artelier posted:

Are there any Scramble tips? I finished that one in third place. Afaik there's no way to chain fights vs other players right? I tried attracting Noise and then triggering the battle but got nothing out of it. And iirc they're all fights vs other players.

You have to absorb as many noise as you can without starting a fight and then run up to the player while the Chain display is on the screen.

e: also, lmao this motherfucker. (postgame) Motoi's rare ultimate drop is just a 100k yen pin. Of course it is. I can't even bring myself to be mad about it.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
Wowie. The superboss oneshot me on Easy. :shepface:

I guess I'm not 100%ing this game!!!

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006

Caidin posted:

Why does canned air have nearly 500 calories?

Weed.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006

Kantesu posted:

What's the can made from?

The can is also weed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006

SyntheticPolygon posted:

All members of Def March are reapers if I recall.

It depends on the continuity. In the game, Futoshi (the tech running the errand for the cough drops and fuse) isn't a reaper and you imprint on him. In the anime, he is part of the reaper team.