Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
See, right now I'm assuming one of the major story points will be that we're still alive. Like back in TWEWY Kariya assumed that Joshua was so powerful because he was alive, and implied that entering the Game while alive was Super loving Illegal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Larryb posted:

True. As I said, it looks like the rules have changed a bit this time around

Speaking of which, I forget but was it ever explained why Joshua decided to enter his own Game?

Also if Josh is the Composer and Megumi the Conductor, what exactly does that make Hanekoma?

It's all in the Secret Reports!

Joshua entered the game directly to 1) Find out what Megumi's secret plan was, 2) Harass Educate Neku, and 3) Make sure Neku didn't get erased
Hanekoma is an angel and the Producer, his job is to send memos to heaven and apparently make sure the Composer doesn't, for example, destroy all of Shibuya in an existential hissy fit.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Just got my rear end kicked by some sharks :mad:

Larryb posted:

So far this game appears to be a massive improvement over the first game in most respects (I like that chaining Noise battles also increases the drop rate as a result and your destination (usually) being marked on the map is a helpful touch as well).

Both of those were in the first game, though :v:

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I missed a sidequest in Day 5, I don't wanna redo Day 5 :cry:

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Current thoughts having finished W1D5-

I like all of the characters. Rindo could be more open with his team about stuff (Swallow, time powers, etc) but he’s still a decent dude overall I think. Could also be a little more proactive, but also he’s not actively hostile like early Neku was. I don’t feel angry playing as him.
I love Fret and we would all die for him. Actually HE could be a little more hostile, he keeps letting Kanon walk all over him. The little cartoons he makes when he Reminds people are adorable.
I like what I’ve seen of Nagi so far but also I kinda think her unending thirst for Minaminoto is a gimmick that’s going to get old. Honestly I thought she was going to be revealed to be Swallow right until we saw all her dating sim poo poo.
Minamimoto! Honestly I was annoyed when he first showed up in the bonus chapter in Final Remix but then I remembered that he’s great. He’s basically a feral cat, he appears whenever I’m about to start a fight, and every time I buy food, and otherwise he just vanishes whenever it would be helpful to have a guy nearby who knows what’s going on. The question of the hour is not “Will this man betray me?” it’s “Will he simply peace out when we need him the most or will he actively throw us under the bus?” Many folks might have a character arc where they become less of an rear end in a top hat and actually like this rag-tag team of misfits but I think Minamimoto’s shot at that character arc would have been sometime back in the last game before he violated the laws of heaven and died. I better get his pants if I kick his rear end again.
Glad to see Kariya again, he’s cool. Hope Uzuki is kicking around. Maybe she finally got that promotion. I haven’t seen all of the available brands yet, I’m very curious which ones survived between games and which ones didn’t. Are Shiki and Eri running Gatto Nero???

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
W1D7 Honesty I'm kinda impressed that Minamimoto managed to use Rindo's time travel to abandon our team twice.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Also when you start the game you can only carry 99,99¥ so don't, for example, spend an hour grinding for the fancy 100,000¥ pin because you can't buy it yet.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I love the way the landscape and architecture distorts while you run around Shibuya. The way the buildings loom and curve over you, the entire city engulfing you.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Where can I find this Topo the Ingenious pin I keep hearing about? I've been using Bérangère Lapin as my R button pin for a while, it does decent damage and heals, but I do miss explosives.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Larryb posted:

That sounds useful, is Bérangère Lapin something you can buy from a shop or is it a random drop in battle?

It drops from Bebop Sharks (the green ones) on easy.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Fret and Nagi take out the Pureheart turf offscreen while you and Beat have to go fight the Variabeauties. I don't recommend it because fighting with only two dudes is a slog.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Nothing quite like the feel of realizing you won't survive the entire ten-fight chain but you level up during fight eight and make it anyway :cool:

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

ChrisBTY posted:

Random question about a later party member. which one is Shoka's 'happy' face in the restaurants? I assume it's the one where she puts her hands on her cheeks and smiles but I've yet to get a tasty bonus from her. It's so subdued compared to everybody else's. Which is in-line for her character but it creates some uncertainty.

It's the hands-on-cheeks pose, I just got +2 drop rate from it

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Does Minamimoto only have three food reaction faces or is he just the fussiest eater alive?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Oh my God, I've thought everyone had two 'I don't like this' faces, it's just Minamimoto throwing off the curve the whole time.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I'm on week 2 and I'm level 49 because I'm playing almost exclusively on hard mode and also I keep going "ooh new pin, I'll level this pin, I can almost afford those pants, maybe I should raise my style those pants have a cool ability", and I look up and its been like two hours or whatever.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Also, being fair, literally the only thing level impacts is your max HP and generally I'm cranking that down for sweet sweet item drops.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
??? Pins evolve when they're equipped by certain characters. Apparently a late-game/post-game upgrade lets you know which characters evolve which pins but otherwise you have to risk massive massive spoilers.

The extra pin deck doesn't do anything in battle, it's just for, like, organization. I have a 'default' deck that realiably tackles long noise chains and I have a deck of Weird poo poo I'm trying to level up.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I have no idea, you're further than I am.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Check your threads, some clothes have a 'Jinxed' ability that give various debuffs.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Those damage bonuses were disgusting. It doesn't matter that you had half health or whatever because you were shooting lightning that killed everything on sight.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Artelier posted:

Okay, I'm not sure how this is happening, but Rindo is healing on hit with any shooty pin (Y button on Switch). Is this a bug or maybe I'm misunderstanding one of his clothes' abilities? At first I thought it was HP Vampire but the pins I'm using don't have that, unless there's a piece of clothing that grants it to everyone? But then again, it's just Rindo, no one else gets it.

Also, how do I redeem the launch bonus code? I almost never buy games at launch so this is my first time ever getting one on Switch and I can't find the option in the main menu.

On the Pin screen there's a button you can press to get a full rundown of your team's abilities and what clothes/pins they're coming from.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
W2D7: I was kinda wondering when the game was going to address the fact that the Susukichi was a Reaper, what with him clearly having reaper powers the first time we fought. Is anyone in this game even a regular dead person or are all the players just kidnapped alive folks and reapers?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Rea posted:

All of the rival teams (the DRS, the VBs, and the PHs) are all actually dead, yes. Motoi mentions having died over a year ago, and a social network entry implies that at least one member of the Variabeauties died over six months ago.

The Shinjuku Reapers' Game, as it stands now, is basically a horror movie!

Seriously though, where the gently caress are the conducter/composer/producer in this whole friggin' mess? I can't see Joshua going along with, like, three years of this bullshit and unless I am deeply misunderstanding my TWEWY lore (and I could be!) Hanekoma's entire job is to write memos to heaven and make sure this kinda nonsense doesn't happen.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Whoa hang on I don't think I'm that far yet, I'm asking hypothetically

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Mutating is the fancy evolution a pin gets from being equipped by a specific character. I think generally pins that evolve just get better but pins that mutate will also change their element or psych.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Just google "TWEWY [pin name]" and you'll find, like, four charts but I don't recommend doing that until you're finished the game because, like, spoilers.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

FireWorksWell posted:

Speaking of foreshadowing, regarding the first week's final boss. Those white antlers are meant to portray he's got Plague noise in him, like with Sho and Taboo noise? I'm only on w3d2 so a yes, no or irrelevant is fine

I think it's just supposed to show he's a Reaper, the way the GMs in the first game would grow claws and tails and stuff.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Well yeah, 777 was a Reaper and he's in a band.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Larryb posted:

Most Angels are it would seem aside from maybe Mr. H

Have you seen what that man charges for coffee

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Weirdly, another trait shared with TWEWY classic just because of how sick of Underground you were by week 2.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

TheKingofSprings posted:

Thankfully Calling and Deja Vu are the best songs in the game so nobody would actually have this opinion

Look, those are both excellent songs, but any week without Three Minutes Clapping is objectively the worst week.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
First, you can use them just to be like 'I wanna listen to Satisfy' or whatever, also whatever CD you have selected will be your menu music.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
If you can't have edgy grunge in the game about dead teenagers and graffiti, where else could you possibly have it? :v:

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I confess that I miss Sprog noise, there's no feeling quite like shooting a lightning bolt into a frog party and watching sixteen pins fly out

(W3D4) Beat's in a weird position by Week 3, he just gave the team an inspiring speech and promised that he would have our back. He keeps playing off his experience as a Reaper but he was a Reaper for... a week. Shoka was a Reaper for over three years, and Nagi is older than he is. He's only pulling off the "experienced mentor" thing because he's a foot taller than anyone else on the team. Also because the team's last experienced mentor figure was Minamimoto, the man who used time travel to betray us twice.

YggiDee fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Aug 9, 2021

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I spend so much money on Grand Slam Meat Bowls that every new character I get has noticeably worse stats than whoever is already there. Fret can just loving bench press the final party member right now.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
(W3D6) How the gently caress am I supposed to bring down Susukichi, he's slamming off 1/4 of my HP every time he swings an arm over here.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
RUDE

(final day spoilers) So I beat Shiba, and I mean I absolutely whipped his rear end, then motherfucking Kubo pops up, laughs evilly, says "Expect the unexpected," and the Switch crashes. The timing was so impeccable I had Flowey-crashing-undertale flashbacks.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Okay the autosave meant I didn't lose any progress, that's nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I couldn't tell you anything about the game's performance because I am hurling so many projectiles that at no point is the battlefield actually visible :v: like one person is surrounded by a cloud of flaming knives and someone else is shooting twin lasers of pure darkness and Fret's firing five way projectile spreads and someone else is hurling boomerangs. Is there slowdown? gently caress if I know.