Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

If you're just looking for length, the devs have said in interviews that 100% completion is about 100 hours long which i'm betting is an exaggeration but it seems like a decently long game.

If that's including stuff like filling out every enemy's drop list, getting every pin, etc the first TWEWY probably took around 100 hours to 100% too, so I could see that being fairly accurate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Artelier posted:

So how do Drop Rates work? Does 100% mean you're guaranteed a pin drop and 200% mean you get twice the amount of pins? I've gotten it up to about 500% before in a really long chain but I'm really not sure what I'm affecting.

Also, I finished the main story of the post game but I assume there are other side quests in Another Day right? Do I need to do anything special to trigger them or do I just need to redo the day and explore?

I screamed when Joshua did the game. Even when helping, he's a dick.

Also I find Rindo not checking his inboxes very realistic. :colbert:

100% is guaranteed but you can't go above that. Enemies will only ever drop 1 pin, but if you miss the roll for your current difficulty it will roll the next highest and so on until you either get a pin or run out of lower difficulties.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

I crashed once during the second Susukichi fight. That was my only crash.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

In TWEWY 1, leveling up increased your Bravery (but it didn't go down when you reduced your level) but I don't think anything similar happens in NEO.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

hyphz posted:

It made me learn that Reversi and Othello aren’t the same game. I wonder which one he played.

I think most of the serious tournament play is Othello, so probably that.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Killingyouguy! posted:

Ugh I thought the switch addition was just bonus content. Square enix truly cannot stop being square enix for even a second

It's really not hard to figure out the NEO stuff that's a reference to the Switch exclusive stuff from context. I didn't play the Switch version of TWEWY 1 and didn't feel lost at all.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Killingyouguy! posted:

god dammit

e: does the government get involved in kingdom hearts???

Mickey Mouse is a king, does that count?

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Larryb posted:

Comparatively speaking, how did the first game do in terms of sales and promotion when it was initially released on the DS out of curiosity?

It looks like it sold around 350k copies worldwide in the first year. Which doesn't seem bad at all for a non-DQ, non-FF JRPG, especially one with a portable system budget. But I guess Squenix thought that wasn't successful considering how long it took to get a sequel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Yes, although it’s kind of weird. I gave Neku a Def Boost IV item and his Defense stat increased and turned green. Same thing when I give a HP boost item to anyone. But when I give him ATK Boost IV which is supposed to increase it 50% but the stat doesn’t change nor does it turn green. It certainly doesn’t seem like he is doing significantly more damage. Same with those other two characters. Really confusing and annoying.

I might try the coffee thing. Everybody has nearly maxed HP and pretty high defense but I also spent a lot of my food money on cans of air to boost style earlier on.

Does he have enough Style?