Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

MorningMoon posted:

So how do I change the difficulty? I keep pressing the touchpad to bring up the menu but I can't change it? I figured it was just a demo thing but I still can't

You need to unlock it, don't worry you cant miss it, they just give you access to the menu before you can use it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Junpei posted:

What are all of the 100% Groove attacks? I know there's Spiky Bullets Falling, Big FU Meteor, Lightning Cage, Spinning Tornado Summon, Freeze Everything, Rocks Falling and Dark Homing Wheels

In addition to what others said there's also Sound which DROPS THE loving BASS under your targeted enemy in a huge pulsing ground aoe.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Lotus Aura posted:

Talking with a friend about brand-stuff in game and we discovered that Black Honey Chili Cookie is real and so its inclusion in-game is basically just product placement. I dunno if anyone else already knew that or anything, though.

Of course the ugliest one's real lol.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

There any good like, google sheets for hunting down the last pins/etc you need with locations and poo poo?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Oxxidation posted:

we already have confirmation that game participants can be promoted to composer, which is basically an angel in middle-management. that's what makes it weirder, that the ones who oversee the reapers' game tend to be the antithesis of the people most likely to win it. the secret reports in neo already hint that the average angel is way closer to someone like kubo than, say, hanekoma

maybe there's some significance in how the game's c-suite are a bunch of detached pricks so removed from consequences that their direct participation often makes things worse for everybody

Do we know how much the game varies from place to place, there's presumably hundreds of thousands, if not millions of game areas across the world (given Shibuya and Shinjuku are separate Tokyo alone probably accounts for dozens). Maybe the game is more hosed up and elevating Kubo's in most places and Shibuya/Shinjuku are unusual. Which would help explain the other angels apparent antipathy to them.

Also yeah it's outright stated at one point you can be elevated to the higher planes/angelhood eventually.

Also also, more speculation type poo poo but I've always figured Joshua is Joshua for a reason and is probably the winner of a death game that happened in Palestine sometime around 30 AD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

YggiDee posted:

I think I just saw a copy at the local EB games, went "DS Square RPG?" and leaped on it like a starving hound.

This is definitely how I found it.