Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Warning to everyone: The full game leaked early. Be wary of spoilers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Larryb posted:

Actually they probably are (remember the start of the game involved one of them pushing the other out of the way of a moving truck and I think there’s a part in the demo where one of the Reapers flat out told them they were dead).

Regardless, maybe this Reaper’s Game has different rules or something (after all, Players now work in teams of 3 rather than 2 and based on the recent trailer can apparently attack one another as well).

I'd just like to make a slight correction here that further shows This Game Is Different: there actually doesn't appear to actually BE a max limit on team size in this one. I mean, in the combat system you're limited but the enemy teams in the Game include a ton of nameless NPCs.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Rea posted:

Having finished the game earlier today, there's definitely some really significant difficulty spikes at certain points in the story, especially if you're playing on Hard.

On the note of difficulty, pro-tip for when the game comes out for real: Don't just stick to one difficulty, at least not if you want more pin variety. I haven't beaten the game yet but I've already ran across enemies who drop three different unique pins across Easy Normal and Hard. Filling in the full drop list for each enemy is actually a pretty good idea.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

In regards to Scramble Slam, honestly, just do them when you get Ultimate difficulty. It ups the point gain modifier to be "annoying" rather than "Haha you better do the maximum number of chains every single time and also get perfect combos on Hard or you ain't getting these rewards."

Honestly they're just a HORRENDOUSLY balanced mechanic. If you slashed the requirements in half it'd still be annoying but at least it wouldn't be a nightmare.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

That certainly explains why I always had so much trouble in SS, my entire playstyle revolves around small multihit pins and using crowd control finishers that also mostly did small damage. Was that in the tutorial somewhere or is the game just that bad at explaining the mechanics of SS?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

YggiDee posted:

Does difficulty affect how many friend points you get from dives?

No... Not exactly, anyhow. Easy locks you to a Bronze result in them. Otherwise the other three difficulties are the same. No reason not to do every dive on Normal.