Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

So gameplay question: is there some penalty for wearing threads you don’t have the Style for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

W1D4: where are the” sinful ramen” and “backstreet refreshments”?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

So, is it practically impossible to hit 60k in the Week 1 scramble, then?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

W2D1: what’s the trick to the pair of pigs that keep regenerating?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

W2D3: any particular recommendations for Pin builds (specifically, building boost)? I’ve currently got Kitsunegasaki (Uber JOTM X-attack), Gorgeous Gemstone (y-attack that petrifies), AkaFuji Blaze (ZL ground AoE), and Topo the Ingenious (r-button bomb that heals you)

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

loving hate the Fret “remind” mechanic

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Seriously who designed this bullshit

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I’ve spent 10+ minutes on one of these

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Surprised to see that increased drop chance can be one of the random stats to get a boost if you feed a character food they love, even if that food doesn’t have drop chance.

Also, just curious, is there any idea yet of what the “soft” cap on Style is? I remember in the original, 400 was basically all you needed for everyone except Joshua if you wanted his ultimate accessory.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

So I’ve seen at least one pin that had ??? in the “evolve” column of the info, and it didn’t do anything when I maxed it out via regular battling. Is there some other source of PP?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Lotus Aura posted:

??? Pins evolve like normal, but the catch is they need to be equipped to specific people when mastered to evolve.

Does that include Sho or any other party members that are presumably going to swap out as the game goes on?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Are there any pigs that require “meta” ways to defeat them? Like that one in the original TWEWY’s DS version where you had to actually close and reopen your DS while the game was running.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

W2D6: I forget, is the high score 50k or 500k? Because I’m finding it MUCH easier to rack up points now.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Araxxor posted:

The first one is correct. You can kind of breeze through it basically, which was nice cause the announcement there was another scramble slam in that very same week almost made me scream, and then it turns out it was the easiest and shortest one. Basically painless. Hell another opportunity to score points comes later if you really need it.

Same, and I haven’t even finished the first section yet and I’m already at 48k

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Pro-tip for Week 2 Day 7: make sure you set aside 8 friend points beforehand. You’ll know exactly why when the time comes.

Also, (W2D6 ending) I love the little detail that even Motoi’s friend ability is literally just a copy of someone else’s :allears:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

W3D1: So is there any point to Shoka’s field power? All I’ve seen so far is just a bunch of dead ends

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, my favorite detail with the social network so far (MAJOR week 2 spoilers) is that Motoi’s node is just a copy of one that you should already have unlocked by that point in the story, just to drive home that he’s truly an uncreative hack.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, I’ve found that Fret and Nagi’s whole dynamic wore itself out really drat quick.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

So can you not equip two Uber pins to the same input?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Is there any food that increases your base drop rate in the postgame, or is it only a rare roll from tasty food?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Any word on an official release of the soundtrack yet?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Postgame: How are you supposed to beat Another Day Ayano? I forgot what it took to drop her shield the first time around

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Do you need to get the optional quiz right the first time to get the FP in W1D5? Been so long since I did it, and I gold’ed the dives on Ultimate, so I don’t think that’s it

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Jade Rider posted:

You definitely don't, I got it on my fourth or fifth try and got the FP.

Yeah, so now I have no idea what the hell I’m missing for that day, the crown on chapter select is still showing 2/3 even though I did every optional thing that I saw listed

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

thehoodie posted:

There's a side-quest dive in Spain Hill as well

Wait, crap, I meant W1D4. I already did the remind Eiji, Dive into Ken Doi, and quiz sidequests, but my progress is still showing 2/3

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

The official soundtrack is out now, by the way

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

YggiDee posted:

Seriously though, where the gently caress are the conducter/composer/producer in this whole friggin' mess? I can't see Joshua going along with, like, three years of this bullshit and unless I am deeply misunderstanding my TWEWY lore (and I could be!) Hanekoma's entire job is to write memos to heaven and make sure this kinda nonsense doesn't happen.

The other two are endgame spoiler answers, but Hanekoma is on the higher plane’s poo poo list for improving Sho’s Taboo graffiti during the last week of the original TWEWY as part of his efforts to cover every base to keep Joshua from pulling the trigger on Shibuya.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

FireWorksWell posted:

I keep expecting him to take that wig off at some point. That wasn't what I expected his actual hairstyle to look like.

W2D6
I liked the direction they went with Motoi. I was expecting to find out that even Rindo's time travel couldn't save him, but revealing his true colors with more context each time you go back was a really cool twist. Plus Rindo panicked for no reason and Motoi just gets back up anyway!

Yeah, and the reveal was being built up after you first met him, since pretty much all of the other Purehearts were shown to be assholes, in direct contrast to his nice guy facade.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

It’s mentioned in Week 3 of the original that because Beat didn’t personally delete anyone during his stint, he’s in serious danger of fading out as well, so it’s clear that they constantly need to be deleting Players both for sustenance and to ensure that only the cream of the crop win (which is the whole point of the game, from the Composer’s point of view).

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Trap wire pins just aren’t worth it for a pin slot, yeah?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

IIII… Was waiting…

Catchy the first time, then it gets annoying with how quick it is to loop

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Supremezero posted:

She didn't. Kitaniji did. Her entry fee was her appearance.

And then Another Day’s reasoning for why she still had Eri’s appearance in an AU was literally just “don’t think too hard about it”

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

YggiDee posted:

(W3D6) How the gently caress am I supposed to bring down Susukichi, he's slamming off 1/4 of my HP every time he swings an arm over here.

Larryb posted:

I had trouble with that too. Dodge just as he winds up for a swing and it should miss you.

Do that, and also in the second phase, target his horns, they’re the only way to do any actual damage to him

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Larryb posted:

Ah right, fixed. However, I believe they’ll only drop it if you fight them on Easy (I could be wrong though)

Technically, you can fight them on Ultimate and there’s still a chance that their Easy pin drops, since when the game determines drops, apparently if you don’t get the one from your current difficulty, it then rolls for dropping a pin from the next-lowest difficulty, and so on until you either win one of those pins or you just run out.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I loved Susukichi just because of how headbanging his boss theme is.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, Kubo’s the one major character whose design I could see actually existing in reality.

Maybe that’s the gimmick with Angels? Because Hanekoma was the same way

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I could take “see no evil” to literally mean that a hypothetical third protagonist starts off the story being insanely gullible and trusting.

Or conversely, they start off basically only able to see the absolute worst in people, and the story is all about them gradually coming around.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, if you don’t deal with them first, it’s tighter to get the top score IIRC

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Switch version already has everything but the D-pad mapped to pins, dodging, or activating your combo, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Deified Data posted:

Game good. I just started and don't really have anything to discuss but i hope people are playing this, its release seemed pretty low-key.

Put a lot of time into the original but never 100%'ed it, does this one shake out the same way in terms of secrets and unlockables?

It’s a lot easier to evolve pins, at least, because only battles level them up now. The only gimmick is that some of them (denoted with ??? in the “can evolve?” info tab) can only be evolved if you max that pin out when a specific party member is equipped with it. There’s lists around online, but they’re extremely spoiler-y.