Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Larryb posted:

-I assume like the first game the story doesn’t end after the first week?

Even without knowledge of the game this is pretty much guaranteed. According to the demo the Top scoring team of the Reapers game gets a Wish, which can be used to escape the game and return to life. The bottom ranked team is erased, and I am assuming then all remaining teams then compete another week. I doubt the Wicked Twisters will get the top score in the first week, and so are forced to do a second, and maybe even third.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Larryb posted:

Actually they probably are (remember the start of the game involved one of them pushing the other out of the way of a moving truck and I think there’s a part in the demo where one of the Reapers flat out told them they were dead).

Regardless, maybe this Reaper’s Game has different rules or something (after all, Players now work in teams of 3 rather than 2 and based on the recent trailer can apparently attack one another as well).
There actually does not seem to be a team cap.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

E: The Reaper game definitely has a bunch of different rules though and I feel like the whole reason Sho is helping out is to scope out what's changed with the Game.

Minamimoto was explaining how you have to have a certain Psych level to use Pins to Rindo and Fret, only to quickly notice that is not the case in the new game, and anyone can use any pin.

Presumably, a reason for the change in rules is because the Shinjuku Reapers are running the game this time around instead of the Shibuya ones. We also know that in the first game the reapers game was much more unfair and lethal then normal because of the bet between Kitaniji and Joshua

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Not much longer.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Virtue posted:

First batch of reviews are out and seem largely positive.

Not shocked.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Time to check if it's playable. Talk to you guys about the game soon.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
On Day 4 and Nagi is a weirdo.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Tower Records.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yeah Days 5 and 6 of week one were the weakest days overall of what I have played. The rest are much better.

Also speaking of where I currently am W3D1 just wanted to talk about the Reapers game and man at least Kitaniji gave the impression that his version of the game was kinda fair, and the only thing off about it was deliberately trying to kill all players in order to win his bet. With Week 2 of Neo it became obvious the game was rigged, and it's kind of amazing how utterly unfair it was once the curtain was pulled back.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Caidin posted:

Decided to rock up to the post game super boss on ultimate to see what the damage was gonna be on gearing up for it. Two point blank psychic shotgun blasts didn't make his health move and he casually one shot me with a 6k opening swipe.

Time to eat some alligators.

More ending talk. One of the secret reports mentioned that Shiba had been running the Ruinbringer scam for long enough that other player teams had already been at it for at least 30 weeks before Rindo and Fret goober in. That's probably at least a few hundred peoples worth of teams, ground down through a little over half a year mostly to conceal that he wasn't backed by the composer and thus couldn't actually resurrect anyone if they won. It's really galling. I mean poo poo, at least Kitaniji was trying to save the city...

Continuing this topicYeah it's kind of shocking how easily Shiba was let off, considering all the lovely stuff he did. Like he deserved erasure way more then Susukichi did.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Though Kubo is very different from pretty much all of those characters.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Got interesting info about development for the game Apparently Shoka took Tsugumi's role in the plot, Kanon was in Ayano's role as a Reaper that was Shoka's older sister type, and Ayano was a player. Nagi originally had a sword

Also apparently Coco is physically on the older side of Reapers being Biologically 19. (Reapers don't age apparently)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Rindo and Neku with their Jupiter of the monkey outfits were based on Speak no Evil and Hear no Evil. If we get a third game, I guess the protagonist would be See no Evil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Larryb posted:

Not sure how that could work design wise though (an eyepatch or a hood maybe?)

Speaking of I forget, do we ever see Rindo actually wear his mask or is it always pulled down?
As for how shades of some kind could easily work.

Rindo wears his mask at the very start when we first see him.