Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Everything's been pretty breezy except when a shark jumped three of my party members at once and instagibbed me. Feel like I haven't quite gotten the hang of the combat yet, but I'll get there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theshim
May 1, 2012

Welp, running into the problem where I'm severely mediocre at action games and getting absolutely pasted by mammoths. It took me probably ten tries to kill one on Hard.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Araxxor posted:

you eat concrete if you gently caress up dodging them
Hi! I suck horribly at dodging! :smith:

theshim
May 1, 2012

Honestly, W1D5/6 are really sapping my will to keep playing. Day 5's replaying went on too long and became kinda tedious, and Day 6 is whiplash in the other direction - the Scramble Slam is just all combat all the time, and a) I'm not that big on the game's battle system, it's adequate but I'm not having a blast, and b) the fact that it's just spamming scorpions, T-rexes, and mammoths, all of which are easily able to wipe me repeatedly, feels like I'm just smashing my head against a wall. I'm really having a hard time wanting to get through it, and the fact that I know there's at least one more Slam later in the game makes me actively dread getting to it. I guess part of the solution is Git Gud but I'm just not very good at this kind of game in the first place, and lowering the difficulty means I'm gonna be missing out on all the drops and will fall further behind on trying out new pins and affording stuff.

Day 5 and 6 just became really tedious affairs in opposite ways and I'm feeling like I'm already starting to burn out on the game and I'm hardly anywhere through it.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Killingyouguy! posted:

I know I only heard about the original from fuckin x-play covering it
*shrivels into dust*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theshim
May 1, 2012

I bought the first game (and Etrian Odyssey 2!) at a Gamestop knowing nothing whatsoever about it.

Turned out to be possibly the single best purchase I will ever make. I love the original to death.