Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

If you don't want me to grind then you shouldn't make the combat so fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Larryb posted:

Also does the game give you the option to start anywhere in the story after you beat it the first time like the OG did?

You don't even have to beat the game, you get the option to go back to any previous day halfway through week 1.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

W1D6:

I'll take it!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Water causes several small water spouts to spawn all over the arena, and Kinesis ragdolls a bunch of big metal objects around.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Also, speaking about the end of Week 1 I saw in the thread that the points from Scramble Slam have been boosted in a day 1 patch but I still didn't perform well enough to get any of the prizes and I thought I did pretty good. Is the patch yet to hit Switch or would some higher chains really give that big a boost?
You want to maximize your chains as much as possible, so 4 normal encounters + a Scramble one for every fight, as well as get as many beat drops as possible in those fights, and avoid getting hit as much as possible, and also play on Hard. If you get 4 Noise and then walk in front of the NPCs, that's also a 5-chain.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Those guys you missed where probably locked behind dropping hundreds of thousands of yen at shops anyways :v:

(It's kinda annoying how there are multiple cool skills I'd love to get locked behind getting VIP 3 at the expensive shops)
On that note, I highly recommend getting ConyxCony up to level 3 a priority. Lots of very important things on that mental network path.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Rea posted:

My problem with shark Noise is less their damage-dealing capability, and more how annoying it is to pull them out of the water. Wastes a lot of time, which is really not cool during a Dive.
I desperately want an upgrade to Honor and Sacrifice, that one huge Lance pin. Lasts a long while, huge reach, and gets the sharks out with a three hit combo. One of my faves, but haven't gotten a similar type in a long while now.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Noooo :negative:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I just feel like there's a lot more game in general!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I need to do some more testing if higher drop rate means more Scramble points.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

hell yeah it can even go +2

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Very.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Then you're doing things absurdly wrong. Just take it slow and shift one stick into position until it looks good, and then the other. It shouldn't take more than ten seconds.

Here I even made a video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0dJR_EUvZ8

Terper fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Aug 1, 2021