Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
So besides pin mutation, does it matter at all who uses what pin type? Like is someone better with some types or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Oxxidation posted:

wrong boss. i was talking about the chameleon you fight the day before

Yes, but it's ridiculously precise.

You're really just supposed to hit it before it fires

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
W2D6 Rindo, please explain to me how on earth you finishing the scramble slam earlier gets you to Shibuya Stream earlier... when the doors outside the slam area didn't open until the slam ends anyway, and Motoi was also stuck inside the area with you.

Edit: Oh my loving god Motoi stop interrupting me with a cutscene in this fight every five seconds

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Aug 2, 2021

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Caidin posted:

Why does canned air have nearly 500 calories?

500 calories of pure undiluted style.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

FireWorksWell posted:

That's a valid point with hindsight. I didn't necessarily see that as foreshadowing considering [sub]Kanon is nothing but friendly to you while her members were all dicks, unless that's also foreshadowing[/spoiler]

Speaking of foreshadowing, regarding the first week's final boss. Those white antlers are meant to portray he's got Plague noise in him, like with Sho and Taboo noise? I'm only on w3d2 so a yes, no or irrelevant is fine

Pretty sure that's just him being an othello/reversi lunatic.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

TheKingofSprings posted:

Thankfully Calling and Deja Vu are the best songs in the game so nobody would actually have this opinion

Counter argument: Scramble.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Larryb posted:

You do (and very soon at that)

Speaking of which (spoilered because it relates to the above), I forget but was it ever explained how Shiki was able to completely alter her appearance when she was in the UG (she’s also the only partner who never explains how she died in the first place)?

She didn't. Kitaniji did. Her entry fee was her appearance.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Andrew_1985 posted:

I remember reading many years ago that they wanted to explore multiple Reaper’s games around the world.

If there is as a sequel, I’d like it if you played in Shibuya and then went to a few other countries to fight in their games. Perhaps reforming them to stamp out evil and corruption.

Imagine Rome or Barcelona and then NY or San Fran then heading to Shibuya. Maybe even head to some natural environment to mix things up.

I’d love to see those PS5 graphics.

How have sales for this game gone?

Reaper Olympics

Supposedly it didn't sell particularly amazingly.

In Japan.

During the pandemic and Olympics. (Pandemolympics?)

And physical only.

Well, basically it's a pretty useless metric in the current situation. And even then it was still top of the charts.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
What day was the boss pufferfish on?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

hyphz posted:

I’m nearly done but I have to know: do we finally learn what impurity is, that is, why Composers keep wanting to erase their own districts, presumably losing that status in the process?

Cuz they're dicks.

Besides, Composer's probably a job, not a title. Composer or not, they're still angels.

It's probably the chaos and terribleness of the modern era, considering Kitaniji's method to save Shibuya in the original was to remove all individuality.

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Aug 15, 2021

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Since someone else mentioned earlier stacking HP Boost IV because it's ridiculous, I, a person who went and looked at the ability list, would like to throw out that you should check the effects when you do so.

Why? Because not all HP Boost IV's are the same.

The Generic HP Boost IV is always 100%. But character locked ones are not. Usually this results in them being lower (usually around 70%), but for whatever reason the Jumpsuit Which has Neku: HP Boost IV is way up at 120% instead.

Incidentally, as far as I can tell this applies to every similar thing. The generic version of a boost is always the same, but character locked ones can vary wildly.

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Aug 15, 2021

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Larryb posted:

On another note, it’s probably been mentioned before but fun little detail I noticed: in the Ayano fight, she will almost never target Shoka with her crucifixion attack. However, if the latter is in your party during the Another Day rematch Ayano will do so the second the fight starts

I feel obliged to note this only applies the first time you fight it. If you go and do it again they'll target whoever.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Rea posted:

The artbook released in Japan. It also lets you know which of the three character designers (Tetsuya Nomura, Gen Kobayashi, and Miki Yamashita) was responsible for a given character!

Nomura was responsible for Kubo's design, which absolutely kills me. You tell someone to imagine a Tetsuya Nomura character design, Kubo is the absolute last thing they would think of, I think.

... but... where are the belts?

Kubo isn't even wearing a belt where people normally wear belts!!!

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

hyphz posted:

Ah, I thought the stat maxes were 200 like I think I were in the original? And didn't realize how low I was.

Ok, back to a bit of having a bunch of teenagers beat random things up in the Scramble Crossing and then drink black coffee in Starbucks until they're totally wired..

Maxes were 100 for attack and defense, but hp and bravery were way up at 9999 and 999

Meanwhile in Neo HP/Attack/Defense/Style are 999/500/500/300.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Oxxidation posted:

given the sort of brat joshua is, that probably would have "lost" neku the game. hanekoma materializing after neku let himself get shot was joshua's way of telling him that his prize had been redeemed and that he'd won, which is why neku woke up in such a pissed off frame of mind

as for rindo, his problem wasn't that he kept using Replay (why would it be? he'd only pop the thing when someone was literally getting murdered in front of him), and the final Replay especially tied pretty well into resolving his flaws. he spent the whole game dodging responsibility or accountability for others, deferring it to group consensus or the nearest authority figure, but then chooses completely of his own volition to rewind everything one more time, even with Haz telling him that he'd be held responsible for the lives of the entire city

haz himself didn't give much of a rip about shibuya, but kubo's plan was probably doomed to failure from the beginning because his overstepping as the executor was making haz look bad. the guy probably had his finger poised over the "exorcise" button the whole time, waiting for a point of no return. he had nothing to do with phoenix cantus, though - that was the dissonance noise's last-ditch attempt to rally after the mass awakening decimated their numbers. they couldn't form an all-destroying miasma anymore, so they congregated into a single mega-noise that could smack down the Twisters instead. yes it's a justification for a big flashy boss fight, what are you gonna do

the angels are still aloof, ominous dicks whose reasoning behind their contempt for humanity is opaque at best, but haz confesses that he was only so gung-ho about zapping shinjuku because he wanted to emulate joshua, who'd since re-evaluated his opinion of the whole thing. if TWEWY keeps going then angels will inevitably take a bigger role, because right now they're coming across as hopelessly detached upper management who have no idea how the game beneath them is run and don't have much of an interest in learning

Secret report 23 says that Haz made Phoenix Cantus, as a way to make the fight actually plausible.

Why'd he do it? Secret report 23 also answers this, but is technically just speculation on Hanekoma's part: He's interested in the Twisters and wants to see them succeed, but still kind of wants Shibuya to be purified.

He also didn't do more because he apparently expected Joshua to do something in response to what he was doing, but Josh... didn't. Because he's Josh.

Also, Haz making Phoenix Cantus is probably why there's phoenixes on his jacket. It's probably related to his noise form or whatever, similar to how Josh being nommed by Kitaniji formed Draco Cantus, when Joshua is associated (via brand) to dragons. Like how Hanekoma, cat man, has a cat noise form.

Also according to Nomura Haz was actually supposed to be the final boss, but this got chopped at some point, so. Phoenix Cantus.

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Aug 25, 2021

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Larryb posted:

So is there a specific reason mentioned in the Secret Reports as to why Joshua couldn’t have just dealt with Kubo and Shiba at any time or was it just another case of Josh being Josh (or perhaps a little of both)?

Apparently he made Rindo his proxy, so he did something, at any rate, but as for why he didn't do anything directly, josh just bein' josh.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Oxxidation posted:

hanekoma: "oh yeah, no, his plan was pretty much to give moral support and nothing else"

joshua is lucky that the secret reports are extra-canonical, because if they were ever actually read by any of the protagonists then they'd likely bind them all together and try to beat him to death with them. smart money's on nagi

Too flimsy. Nagi has a (prop) sword around, apparently.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Larryb posted:

Wait, what? Where can I find this pin?

It's less the pin and more the ensemble, since year-long ensemble takes a bunch of HP Vampire pins and makes them even more vampire-y

Two of them are dropped by the Mr Mew fights, one is bought at Gatto Nero, and the last is just kind of handed to you on 3/6

But it's one of the only ensembles you're able to complete before the post game, so :shrug:

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Oxxidation posted:

very soon you're going to unlock a social network skill that doubles your dodge i-frames and trivializes those attacks

why didn't they give you the skill before this boss? that's an excellent question

To make it's value more clear, probably.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Idk what that means

I am very mad that they the boss drops good pins on Easy, Normal and Hard just for maximum cruelty.

Like the original, he dodges any hit going (directly) at him.

Unlike the original, you're capable of doing multiple attacks at once.

So he can only dodge any one hit going at him. So you attack him with two things at the same time.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Also you can just buy the easy and normal mode drops.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Mirello posted:

so now that they games finally out on pc I'm gonna play. loved the original (especially the story). hows this game? I've heard mixed things, but I'm still excited.

Good poo poo

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Kin posted:

So I'm on week 3 day 6 and while I like the game I can't help but feel like it's kinda cheeply made?

Almost like it's a mobile game ported to consoles.

I think it's the exceptionally low volume of assets like character drawings in cut scenes, the world environment itself and enemy/move variety.

Even the loading feels, I dunno, badly optimised for what it is. Like why does it take as long as it does to load up what's one of maybe ten relatively basic non interactive environments?

Is there a story behind the development? Like was it given to 3 guys to turn around in 6 months or something?

... what?

I'm... genuinely not sure how you think that?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

FireWorksWell posted:

Yes, better than the others you have at that point stat wise.

Bold assumption.

My Fret was much bigger than Sho by the time I picked him up. Thanks for that, Scramble Slam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Regalingualius posted:

Haz is like Kaworu Nagisa: only shows up close to the very end, barely has any screen time even then… and is still vitally important to the entire story.

What do we call Josh then