Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

i just got to day 7 and man this game loving owns.
kinda bummed that on day 6 i got 20k out of the 60k(?) required to get Just Keep Swimmin. i thought i was doing alright, dang!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marumaru
May 20, 2013

it wasn't advertised at all. this is entirely on squeenix

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Killingyouguy! posted:

Lmao Twitter anime av people never change

oh yeah the chuds are all in on this being the REAL reason neo failed
the loving libturds ruin everything!

marumaru
May 20, 2013

YggiDee posted:

Yeah, TWEWY was my #1 "I would like a sequel to this game and I will Literally Never Get One".

Same, and what was more surprising to me was that it actually turned out to be very fun

marumaru
May 20, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

Don't know about a chud favorite, specifically, but TWEWY was a /v/ darling for a decade

So yes, seeing as /v/ is chud central now

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Last Celebration posted:

Yeah, I didn’t feel like a sequel was literally impossible but I expected it to be a hollow attempt at capturing the original rather than an arguably better successor.

i think TWEWY was a better game for the time when it came out than NEO was when it came out. that said, i had more fun with NEO than i think i would replaying TWEWY. (and i haven't even beaten NEO yet. unlike at the time of TWEWY's launch, i'm old and have very little free time now)
NEO really owns and i'm really really grateful that it exists

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Killingyouguy! posted:

Breaking Free (Acoustic Ver.) preview...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTg0wHb1mSI

Personally, i'm cry

that was so good, dang

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Larryb posted:

I still wonder if there’s any hope for a third game at some point (I believe I heard NEO didn’t sell that well or something but I’m not sure how accurate that is)

Palmtree Panic posted:

Neither game in the series sold very well unfortunately.

Square Enix also has unrealistic sales expectations for a lot of their games though.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

NEO apparently did poorly, too:

quote:

NEO: The World Ends With You was the highest selling new release of the week, opening at 18,799 sales on Switch and 9,248 sales on PlayStation 4

marumaru
May 20, 2013

i remember seeing a single screenshot of a battle before release and thinking "holy poo poo that looks cool for a ds game". come release it was the top thread (by a lot) in the DS forum and people were going apeshit about pirating it. ended up grabbing it and holy crap was it a cool game

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Rea posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1647550/NEO_The_World_Ends_with_You/

Probably of no use to anyone actually reading this thread, but Square-Enix finally put the PC version of NEO on Steam. It's on sale for 25% off until the 25th.

crazy that it took this long for it to drop on steam. also crazy that it's a full priced title (with terrible regional pricing as per squenix's MO)

marumaru
May 20, 2013

got the game on steam now that it's 50% off and am finally continuing to play it. this game rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marumaru
May 20, 2013

marumaru posted:

got the game on steam now that it's 50% off and am finally continuing to play it. this game rules

i have now beaten the game!
it was great. just the right amount of fan service too.
that was well worth it :')