Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Junpei posted:

I heard criticism of NEO say that the plot felt, quote, "Fanfic-y". Do any of you agree with that, or have anything to say on that front?

I don't 100% agree with that, but I can see the angle they're coming from.

I can see some of what they're getting at, even early on.

Motoi revealing himself as An0ther to Rindo feels very much like a retread of Neku finding out Hanekoma was CAT in the last game. The protagonist finds out his idol is part of the Game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Shyfted One posted:

For the Slam week 1 should I just play through for the 2nd prize and come back later for 1st place or is it worth it to try the 1st time? Already fought 1 turf noise in a 5 chain battle and unless I can fight like 30 5 chain battles I don't think I'll hit 60k points.

I easily hit the gold rank for the week 1 slam on my first time with a few areas to go.

Keep in mind that you can chain fights against enemy players by gathering four noise and running into a player before the fight starts.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Omobono posted:

I'm getting my rear end kicked by 10-chain reductions.
I love it.

E: and Fret is simply rocking his Gothic Princess outfit.

I ended up slapping Regen on as many people as possible to deal with 10-chains early, then crammed canned air down Rindo's throat until he hit the prereq for Regen 3.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

hyphz posted:

Literally the best way to make your group of teens stronger is to have them pick fights in the Scramble Crossing then nip into Starbucks and drink espresso until they’re totally wired.

And the best way to make them stylish is to have them huff canned air.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

marumaru posted:

crazy that it took this long for it to drop on steam.

SE's release timing for EGS vs Steam has been strange across the board.

FF7R hit EGS in December 2021 and Steam in June 2022, a seven month gap.

NEO hit EGS in September 2021 and Steam just now, a 13 month gap.

The KH games hit EGS in March 2021 and still has no word on a Steam release.