Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I hosed up the first Scramble Slam and didn’t even get enough points for third prize, so I figured I’d go back after day 7 and…

Oh wait that day ends with Minamimoto leaving my party, so now I only have three people… peachy. I have to wait until Week 2 Day 3 to get a fourth member, lame.

But yeah, I didn’t understand the bonus multiplier and I didn’t know you could start fights with members of other teams while holding a chain. I also didn’t realize you were supposed to defeat the bonus enemies last… just a total shitshow. I’m currently struggling with the second Dive side quest in Week 2 Day 2 because those jellyfish take ages to defeat, I’m going to have to come back later for that, too.

Edit: I can chain up to ten enemies now so that’ll make it much easier as long as I equip weaker pins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Last Celebration posted:

I don’t think the jellyfish should take especially long, are you attacking the clones? The real ones take the clones with them when they die if you are.

Yeah I know, but a: I can’t tell which is the real one and b: I always seem to do awful damage to them. I am using the water sword Uber pin, the exploding stone darts and the poison bomb which are my strongest pins. I don’t have any good Ice/Dark/Burst pins to use to take advantage of their weakness and Stone is good against most of the other enemies.

I’ll just get whatever I can now and come back once I have a bigger party and the ability that gives you more time.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Mix. posted:

The jellyfish that aren't fake have the noise symbol visible inside their bodies.

I figured there would be a tell, I just hadn’t looked hard enough.

How do I get the Topo the Ingenious pin people were taking about pages back? Seems like it would be better than the poison bomb.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

For pins that can only be evolved by specific characters, do they have to be holding the pin when it reaches max level? Or can they equip an already maxed pin and have it evolve?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Does lowering your level decrease any stats other than HP?

In fact, does leveling up increase your attack/defense/style? Or do only food and/or clothing increase those?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I feel like I’m struggling to get points in the second Scramble Slam. I’ve conquered two areas (Tower Records and Center Street) and only have 56k points. Seems like I should have way more if I’m gonna hit 400k? I may have made a major error by only doing like 7-8 chain battles for one or two of the special noise, but for 3 of the five so far I’ve done 10 chains. Sometimes I get massive point bonuses when I defeat the Bonus enemy and sometimes I get very little, I can’t really figure out why. Do you get bonus points every time you get a beat drop, in addition to increasing the multiplier?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

serefin99 posted:

Each beat drop adds 0.4 to your starting multiplier, which goes up to a maximum of 5x (this is independent of the Bonus enemy; having a 5x multiplier will cause the Bonus enemy to give out 15x the usual points). Also, the points you get from beat drops are determined by the damage of the attack you used, so something like Psychic Shotgun will give you more points than Shockwave.

I’ve been using psychic shotgun and yeah it’s a great finisher. It doesn’t seem like you can start the day over so I’m just going to have to try my best to make up for a slow start.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I’m like halfway through the game and just discovered you can manually save your game. gently caress. That’s a game changer though, I was able to go back to the end of the previous day to get a pig I missed instead of having to go all the way back through the day!!!

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Me: drat, I have so much money after doing that Scramble Slam. I basically have infinite money now.

*shops at Il Cavallo Del Re once*

Me: drat, I have no money, this sucks.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Is it Reversi in the original Japanese?

Also, how do I get more Azamaru pins to trade with Ryoji for that Fungus pin? I have two but I guess I need three and the mastered one doesn’t count?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Regy Rusty posted:

You can buy them in the shop on Takeshita street I believe. Also only mastered pins count for trades.

Oh so I need to master all three pins to trade them?

I bought the two you can get from shops in addition to the one you get from the beginning. hosed up that you have to master pins to trade them.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I wish nothing but pain and suffering on the person who designed the Week 3 day 4 boss fight. gently caress that fight.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

You just gotta double tap him to open his defenses.

Idk what that means

I am very mad that they the boss drops good pins on Easy, Normal and Hard just for maximum cruelty.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Speaking of that boss, I’m assuming I get him back at some point? Probably post-game? Because there are pins only he can mutate.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Last Celebration posted:

Oh, that actually kinda makes sense, I just figured it’s an AOE like the Pachiderm’s stomp but a noise shockwave (heh) being in front should have been kinda obvious. Relatively speaking.

If it eats a character and turns white, its roar becomes unavoidable and a lot stronger. So don’t get eaten.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I just beat the game and I’m kicking myself for not going back and playing TWEWY Final Remix for Switch because I couldn’t remember much from the original game. Then again, it’s $50 for some reason. Not sure if it’s worth the price, although I am going to be traveling a bunch starting in a week so it would help me get through all the flights and stuff.

Also I guess Coco was from the special chapter they added, which makes sense since I had no idea who she was. Well anyway this game is pretty great and I’m gonna keep playing to try and fill out my collection.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Is the piece of poo poo T-Rex’s super roar impossible to avoid even with a pin that can block attacks? You know, when it eats one of your characters and turns white. It seems impossible, unless the timing window is incredibly narrow.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Regy Rusty posted:

You're not supposed to let it eat your characters

Obviously, but sometimes I gently caress up

Kantesu posted:

You're not supposed to let it move long enough to even try. Which is to say, give someone Trendy Tornado. It's an amazing pin. Doubly so when paired with any Black Hole pin.

Alright. I’m trying to level up some pins, maybe I’ll pick a room with no T-rexs in it

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I would argue that the best part about the Kingdom Hearts series is the plot that gets more and more convoluted and absurd with each installment. It’s like a train wreck that never ends. Also the next installment is going to take place at least partially in the same universe as TWEWY based on the KHIII secret ending that shows Sora in Shibuya (it’s actually a world called Quadratum, don’t ask)

Edit: fine I’ll use spoiler tags

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Sep 19, 2021

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

WrightOfWay posted:

It's really not hard to figure out the NEO stuff that's a reference to the Switch exclusive stuff from context. I didn't play the Switch version of TWEWY 1 and didn't feel lost at all.

I honestly had no idea that Coco was from the bonus scenario until I went back and watched the trailer for TWEWY Final Remix and was like “oh ok that’s why I had no idea who she was.” It was a little bit annoying, but I guess as a KH fan I should be used to it.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I did the optional dive in Another Day but I only got bronze, can I start the day over whenever I want to try again? My characters’ str stats are obviously not good enough so I’d like to grind a little and try again.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Lotus Aura posted:

Another Day is, well, another day so it runs on the same rules as every other day. You can leave whenever but if you haven't finished it yet, when you come back it carries on where you left.

Do you have to beat the super difficult boss to finish Another Day? I had enough FP to unlock Ultimate difficulty but not enough for the boss noise and I don’t wanna attempt the super boss until I’ve increased my characters stats more.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

serefin99 posted:

To 'beat' Another Day, all you have to do is beat all the Alpha bosses, which are just harder versions of Iris Cantus, Grus Cantus, Cervus Cantus, and Shiba. The secret boss, the boss rush, and the final Dive are all optional unless you wanna go for 100%.

Ok awesome, thanks for the clarification.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

There’s a pig that drops a 1 yen pin, I never sold it. It’s just there in my inventory.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The Killer Remix also heals you increases the drop rate which is very important when fighting certain bosses. But at higher difficulties it isn’t really that strong, you can only take off maybe 1/3-1/2 of the strongest T-Rex’s hp bar. Great to use as a finisher.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

FireWorksWell posted:

Yeah I instantly dumped Fret, eventually I'll get those pin mutations.

What the gently caress

Then again I dropped Shoka and I felt really guilty because she rules as a character.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/1457776195160854530?s=21

:yeshaha:

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Killingyouguy! posted:

Lmao Twitter anime av people never change

Somehow I’ve gotten this far without running into any anime chuds but then again I guess 4chan radicalized a lot of people. I guess I’ve just been lucky so far!

Anyway that joke about cultural appropriation was funny so

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

TWEWY was incredibly niche and had a cult following. They definitely could have pushed the Final Remix of the first game more in the lead up to the sequel and maybe picked a title that was less confusing. I highly doubt they will continue the series at this point, hell I was shocked they even made Neo TWEWY but we’re lucky they did because it owns.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I picked this up after a while to see if I could finish my pin collection. I got to lv 100 and am trying to get gold on the Another Day dive and it seems impossible. My damage output seems very low, I think I wasn’t vigilant enough about eating food as often as possible to raise my characters’ stats because they seem kinda weak now. Everybody’s attack is in the 400-500 range except Rindo who has that crazy sword accessory so his attack is like 600. Is that way too low? Should I just be eating a shitload of ramen bowls to boost everyone’s attack?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Rea posted:

Are you using the ATK Boost IV equipment? Neku, Beat, and Minamimoto each have one, and while the exact values vary, they're still fairly significant boosts, ranging from 35% to 50%.

Yes, although it’s kind of weird. I gave Neku a Def Boost IV item and his Defense stat increased and turned green. Same thing when I give a HP boost item to anyone. But when I give him ATK Boost IV which is supposed to increase it 50% but the stat doesn’t change nor does it turn green. It certainly doesn’t seem like he is doing significantly more damage. Same with those other two characters. Really confusing and annoying.

I might try the coffee thing. Everybody has nearly maxed HP and pretty high defense but I also spent a lot of my food money on cans of air to boost style earlier on.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

WrightOfWay posted:

Does he have enough Style?

I didn’t check…? I think so, everybody has pretty much max style

serefin99 posted:

The ATK Boost ability is less 'Attack Boost' and more 'Damage Boost'. It actually applies its multiplier after everything else that increases your damage, which is why it doesn't reflect that change in your stats. Or at least, that's the explanation I heard way long ago.

Okay that was what I would have guessed. Wait, I just realized that I am playing on Ultimate and could drop the difficulty to Normal, couldn’t I? But not easy, right? gently caress why didn’t I think of that?!

Edit: I set the difficulty to Normal and demolished the Dive. Feeling real stupid rn, oh well at least it’s done and I finished the social network and can grind pins from bosses.

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 17:47 on May 13, 2022

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

It didn’t sell up to their expectations but they also did a really lovely job promoting it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I found out about the first game through here maybe? And also my gross ex who was really into writing Kingdom Hearts slashfics :barf: