Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1416592032865427462

ROLL CALL OF CURRENT CHAMPIONS

Impact World Champion: Kenny Omega
Omega beat Sami Callahan in a great Sami Callahan-style match that made everyone go :staredog:. Then JAY WHITE showed up. Whose side is he on? Even those in attendance don't know!

Impact World Tag Team Champions: The Good Brothers
Super Elite stablemates of Kenny Omega, Doc Gallows and Karl Anderson regained the tag titles in a four-team match where they actually pinned the champs, so it wasn't too screwy. I can imagine FinJuice being next in line, as the Good Brothers have never beaten them, and they just so happen to be stateside.

Impact X-Division Champion: Josh Alexander
The Walking Weapon is running out of challengers, having successfully defended his title in Ultimate X44. Might we see Option C invoked?

Impact Knockouts Champion: Deonna Purrazzo
Deonna Purrazzo beat Thunder Rosa. You read that right.

Impact Knockouts Tag Team Champions: Decay
Now a fully-fledged member of the spooky group, Havok joins Rosemary as the newly minted champs. Fire N Flava will almost certainly get a rematch, and I can name a few wrestlers who got fired from WWE who can get slotted into the next challenger slot.

NEXT PAY-PER-VIEW EVENT: BOUND FOR GLORY
Live from Las Vegas, Nevada on October 23rd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

WON posted:

A few notes on last night's Impact PPV show.

The show went off the air as planned. They wanted the commotion, which ended up being an angle for New Japan to build up its 8/14 show in Los Angeles where Jay White laid out David Finlay. White vs. Finlay is one of the two main events for the show at The Torch at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

If they wanted to build excitement for an angle wouldn't it have made more sense to show the people watching the PPV the beginning of the angle instead of...not? doing that?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
It's possible that NJPW asked to use the footage first, seeing as how White and Finlay are going to be wrestling at one of their shows.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Kiera Hogan says she's done with the company, the weekend's tapings were her last contractual obligations before the expiration

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
drat, she was pretty good.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Jordynne / Kiera singles were always good, they worked really well together. Hopefully this doesn't mean Tasha gets lost in the mix.

On the menu for tonight:

https://twitter.com/TheKalHerro/status/1418243727609536517?s=20
https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1418254514025467904?s=20
https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1418224316039143434?s=20

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
drat, Fire & Flava were pretty good.

She's Diamante's girlfriend, right? Maybe she'll show up in AEW.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Switchblade cut a pretty decent promo, good segment

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Bey-llet Club

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
It's weird seeing face Switchblade but hey I'm down for it.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Matt Striker makes a LOT of dumb calls, but the lazy idiocy of "BC backwards is CB, maybe Chris Bey was destined for Bullet Club" is almost an art form in how loving stupid it is.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
With the announcement of Alex Shelly's return to the ring, I'm guessing we're FINALLY getting the MCMG/Good Brothers match at Bound for Glory this year.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

I've never seen face Jay White before, so I'm kinda taken aback by it, but I'm willing to go for the ride.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Miscellaneous stuff:

W Morrissey said (on X-Pac's podcast) he's signed until Bound for Glory in October. Both sides agreed a tryout-type deal in terms of length was best for now

Laredo Kid's expected to come back soon

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Chris James 2 posted:

Both sides agreed a tryout-type deal in terms of length was best for now

That's a surprisingly smart approach.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The clip of Jay beating Omega for the US title makes me grin because I forgot he was already doing the 'will reverse any finish into the Bladerunner' bit at that point.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

https://twitter.com/JordynneGrace/status/1419004596538724353?s=20

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Lame.

And by that, I mean those paper-looking awards. You'd think a weightlifting competition would award things like specialized weightlifting belts.

Hell, if Cody can do it for each of his matches, why can't they?

Otherwise, awesome kicking rear end, Grace!

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Homecoming might SEEM like a throwaway Impact Plus event, but reports say Josh Alexander/Black Taurus tears the house down.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Edward Mass posted:

Homecoming might SEEM like a throwaway Impact Plus event, but reports say Josh Alexander/Black Taurus tears the house down.

Yeahhh that sounds like it should be a stellar match and I'm not opposed to silly one-night tournaments.

Impact results (and some story beats) (via 411wrestling):

D’Amore leaves Dreamer with the responsibility of finding a no. 1 contender for Kenny Omega.
* The Good Brothers defeat Jay White and Chris Bey BeyBlade
* Taylor Wilde defeats Kaleb with a K
https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1420904845113020420?s=20
Backstage, Jay White reminds Chris Bey that he’s not in Bullet Club yet. He says Bey isn’t Bullet Club material after their last match. He’s giving him a redemption opportunity.
Gia Miller questions if Deonna Purrazzo is overbooking herself, with her involvement with Triplemania and EmPowerrr. Deonna introduces Alesha Zappitella, Invicta Atomweight Champion, as her trainer. Deonna also announces her entrance into the Homecoming tournament.

* No Way, Fallah Bahh, and FinJuice defeat Ace Austin, Madman Fulton, Shera, and Rohit Raju
Dreamer announces a number one contenders battle royal, for Omega’s opponent at “Emergence”.
FinJuice are backstage hyped after their win, but Jay and Bey BeyBlade jump them.
ELITE HUNTER KAZ appears out of nowhere to interrupt a Super Elite / Sami Callihan in-ring promo. Lays Super Elite out. 6-man tag between Super Elite and Kaz, Callihan and a mystery partner Eddie Edwards next week.
Su Yung appears to have gotten ahold of Kimber Lee. Kimber possibly undead now.

* Rich Swann & Willie Mack defeat Violent By Design (Deaner & Rhino)
* Moose defeats Chris Sabin

J-Ro fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jul 30, 2021

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Ahem, J-Ro.

They are called BeyBlade.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

karmicknight posted:

Ahem, J-Ro.

They are called BeyBlade.

My editor has been fired for this oversight.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

I was out so I missed most of the special, but came just in time to witness greatness

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1421658189662146565?s=20

Edit: gonna have to go back and watch Alexander / Taurus tho.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/impactwrestling/status/1421630758981193740?s=21

Excuse me

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1422937510615814146?s=19 But I was at led to believe that 7000 twitch viewers equals something like 7 million cable viewers

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Davros1 posted:

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1422937510615814146?s=19 But I was at led to believe that 7000 twitch viewers equals something like 7 million cable viewers

:whitewater:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Still lmbo that they got temporarily suspended on Twitch because one of RVD's girlfriends had multiple nip slips during a segment.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

RealFoxy posted:

Still lmbo that they got temporarily suspended on Twitch because one of RVD's girlfriends had multiple nip slips during a segment.

I'd argue that the parts where she was covered were the accidents given what those segments were going for. Now why the gently caress TNA thought putting RVDs sex tapes on Twitch was a good idea, I don't know

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Davros1 posted:

$1/mo for Impact episodes is pretty good

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I choose to believe that Callihan Uncensored is just Sami in the ring with no audience cutting promos comprised entirely of swear words.

"gently caress! Balls! drat rear end hell! And I just learned this one from Japan: Bakatare!"

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!
I still can't believe how bad Impact still is at naming guys who used to work for WWE.

HEATH

NO WAY

W. MORRISSEY

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

El Generico posted:

I still can't believe how bad Impact still is at naming guys who used to work for WWE.

HEATH

NO WAY

W. MORRISSEY

Like, they could have gone with Jose Valenzuela and gotten the No Way Jose chants!

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Lumbermouth posted:

Like, they could have gone with Jose Valenzuela and gotten the No Way Jose chants!

"Eternally Denied" Jose Valenzuela

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

They did a "It's ECW but we can't say that" one-night show where poor Tazz just kept calling everyone by their old ECW names and he and Tenay just kept saying "ECW" over and over.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

W Morrissey is a definite improvement over CaZXL at least

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

DJExile posted:

They did a "It's ECW but we can't say that" one-night show where poor Tazz just kept calling everyone by their old ECW names and he and Tenay just kept saying "ECW" over and over.

After this happened, the ECW guys stuck around as a stable, and the name of it was "EV2.0". And the fans tried to chant "E! V! TWO POINT OH!" like the ECDub chants but it was not good.

EDIT: I miss when guy's names were like Roadkill. Cass's new name should've been TOTALITY. Or, like, RANSACK.

El Generico fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Aug 5, 2021

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
What's the context behind BeyBlade wrestling The Good Brothers? I've only been watching Impact matches on New Japan World. I saw Jay turn up and The Elite offered him a Too Sweet, then he and Bey are wrestling Gallows and Anderson.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Kosmo Gallion posted:

What's the context behind BeyBlade wrestling The Good Brothers? I've only been watching Impact matches on New Japan World. I saw Jay turn up and The Elite offered him a Too Sweet, then he and Bey are wrestling Gallows and Anderson.

During White's first Impact appearance, White offered Bey a spot in Bullet Club and Bey said he'd think about it. Later White made fun of Good Bros for thinking the Elite was as good as Bullet Club, they attacked him, and Bey saved him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

El Generico posted:

After this happened, the ECW guys stuck around as a stable, and the name of it was "EV2.0". And the fans tried to chant "E! V! TWO POINT OH!" like the ECDub chants but it was not good.

EDIT: I miss when guy's names were like Roadkill. Cass's new name should've been TOTALITY. Or, like, RANSACK.

That just fundamentally misunderstood that most fans chant ECW as 3 syllables, not 5