Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Announced for tonight:

Christian back in the IMPACT Zone;
Chris Bey vs David Finlay;
Chris Sabin vs Sami Callihan;
Good Brothers vs Rich Swann & Willie Mack;
Taylor Wilde vs The Influence (Tenille Dashwood, Madison Rayne & Kaleb With A K);
+ Steve Maclin's open challenge on the BTI pre-show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Supposedly Buddy Matthew debuts tonight but I have no idea how real that is

I guess that's a spoiler?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Teased Murphy and Braun. Obviously they’re also trying to get Bray

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Braun should have gone to AEW and been the heater for The Wingmen

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Chris James 2 posted:

Teased Murphy and Braun. Obviously they’re also trying to get Bray

That, or Candice Bergen.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I'm going to admit, I was preparing myself for Melina to beat Purrazzo - I read the spoilers for the next few weeks, and they purposefully left it vague who would win.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!

J-Ro posted:

Announced for tonight:

Christian back in the IMPACT Zone;
Chris Bey vs David Finlay;
Chris Sabin vs Sami Callihan;
Good Brothers vs Rich Swann & Willie Mack;
Taylor Wilde vs The Influence (Tenille Dashwood, Madison Rayne & Kaleb With A K);
+ Steve Maclin's open challenge on the BTI pre-show.

This is the second episode of Impact I've watched since I decided to give it another shot, and I have to say, I'm finding myself enjoying it. The place they're shooting it in is kinda rinky-dink, but outside of that it kinda reminds me a bit of Ring of Honor back in the early-mid 2010s, when I was watching that on a regular basis.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Sydney Bottocks posted:

This is the second episode of Impact I've watched since I decided to give it another shot, and I have to say, I'm finding myself enjoying it. The place they're shooting it in is kinda rinky-dink, but outside of that it kinda reminds me a bit of Ring of Honor back in the early-mid 2010s, when I was watching that on a regular basis.
There are large swaths of the roster that I don't care about, so I tend to skim through episodes, but pretty much every title scene in the company is hot right now and the women's roster is really solid.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
I’d go beyond that and say Impact has the best women’s division outside of promotions that only do women’s wrestling. There’s not a weak link in the chain - every wrestler is not only competent, but has a well-defined character. Remember when Tenille Dashwood was trying to divide Grace and Ellering? I was almost shocked at how the pair didn’t split, because they weren’t morons and saw through the deceit.

Then, you’ve got Deonna Purrazzo. With all due respect to Dr. Britt Baker, D.M.D., the Virtuosa is the best women’s wrestler in the West. The fact that WWE didn’t know what to do with her becomes an even more damning indictment of the Performance Center every day. The crazy thing is that, despite being a title-holder for 12 of the past 13 months, there are STILL wrestlers she hasn’t faced in Impact. Scott D’Amore is as good at producing women’s wrestling as he is looking like ex-Barenaked Ladies frontman Steven Page.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!
I liked that one of the first things Britt Baker did, after winning the AEW women's title and during the time Kenny Omega was in full flight as the Belt Collector with the AEW, Impact and AAA belts, was to go to Tony Khan and say "so when do I get Deonna?" :v:

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Deonna is having a fantastic run and I hope coward Tony does the needful. Following her dope match with Melina at NWA EmPowerrr yesterday, she attacked Mickie James at NWA 73 today - i wouldn't be opposed to a Mickie James x Deonna Purrazzo at BFG if I'm honest.

https://twitter.com/NailsAndNY/status/1432141146852048898?s=20

J-Ro fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Aug 30, 2021

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Braun should have gone to AEW and been the heater for The Wingmen

no, he shouldn't have, he should be on Impact with fellow asswipe big man William "W" Morrissey

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

DLC Inc posted:

no, he shouldn't have, he should be on Impact with fellow asswipe big man William "W" Morrissey

No, no - that's ok, he can go and take THESE HANDS to NWA or MLW.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Braun would probably charge NWA’s entire budget for the year lol

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Matches announced for this week:

BTI:
- John Skyler vs Jake Something

Impact:
- The Influence (Tenille Dashwood, Madison Rayne & Kaleb With A K) vs Taylor Wilde, Jordynne Grace & Rachael Ellering)
- Rohit Raju & Shera vs Matt Cardona & Chelsea Green
- Decay (Crazzy Steve & Black Taurus) vs Fallah Bahh & No Way
- Ace Austin vs Tommy Dreamer (if Tommy wins, he gets added to the Austin / Christian championship match)

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
https://mobile.twitter.com/Walking_Weapon/status/1433134585458659339?s=20

:toot:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:unsmith:

https://twitter.com/DonWestDeals/status/1434296577619726338

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

gently caress YEAH :toot:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

YOU'VE GOT TO BE FREAKING KIDDING

(This owns, I love Don West so much)

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!
Happy to hear the good news for Don West :)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Don legit has one of my favourite wrestling calls, because of how legit it felt. I think it literally is the "YOU HAVE GOTTA BE FREAKIN KIDDIN ME" bit, but it's Jeff Hardy doing a dive from probably a legit 12-14 feet up to the floor.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
They just announced that Bound for Glory will air immediately after the Saturday AEW Dynamite on October 23rd.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

They've also started importing Japanese tables.

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1436127542558314497?s=20

Edit: As suspected, Bound For Glory is happening at Sam's Town Live, they're also doing TV tapings the following two nights.

J-Ro fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Sep 10, 2021

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1437552215904989185?s=20

Notes from Gail & Chrissy's FB stream on Impact's page:
- they'll be taping matches for this during this weekend block. Chrissy Hemme is back in a behind-the-scenes role but also on-screen
- couple announced names: Renee Michelle, Lady Frost and motherfucking Mercedes Martinez
- they discuss the passing of Daffney and her work in TNA / Impact; want to honor her memory with a Monster's Ball match.
- "we want to have female refs; female announcers; female commentary

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
That’s pretty neat! Hopefully they can borrow talent from their promotional partners as well.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

J-Ro posted:

- they discuss the passing of Daffney and her work in TNA / Impact; want to honor her memory with a Monster's Ball match.

Isn’t a monster’s ball match exactly what gave her a major concussion that they refused to cover treatment for

I realize management has changed since then but that seems pretty awkward

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
I’m certain Daffney was not injured in either Monster’s Ball match she was in.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Here we go:

loltna archive posted:

Terry Taylor asked Daffney to let Abyss chokeslam her off the ring apron and onto a barbed-wire board. Daffney reluctantly agreed to perform the stunt and, for her trouble, she suffered a concussion. Since Spike TV refused to let TNA show any form of man-on-woman violence, TNA cut the stunt from broadcast. To complete Daffney's humiliation, TNA refused to pay for her medical costs - and the company sent Terry Taylor to deliver the news.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
The Monster’s Ball matches were on PPV, not Spike TV.

e: I SEE the disconnect - she was interfering in a match that time, not a participant in the match.

Edward Mass fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Sep 14, 2021

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah I couldn’t remember if she was actually in it or just managing or running in or something

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1438216158918885383?s=20

Veda Scott is real good and this rules.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
I'd say Impact Wrestling suspending Tommy Dreamer indefinably would hurt the product, but there is no empirical evidence to prove that.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I'm sad Veda didn't get kept on at AEW. She'd be great as part of the booth on Rampage. Drop Jericho, maybe let Mark just be an interviewer

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Edward Mass posted:

I'd say Impact Wrestling suspending Tommy Dreamer indefinably would hurt the product, but there is no empirical evidence to prove that.

Nothing of value was lost.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
I was at a soccer match, so I couldn't watch Victory Road as it aired, but the big news?

Option C.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Edward Mass posted:

I was at a soccer match, so I couldn't watch Victory Road as it aired, but the big news?

Option C.

That's gonna rule

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

Edward Mass posted:

Option C.

Which one is that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Stone Punkbull 141 posted:

Which one is that?

X champ can give up the belt for a world title shot. Josh Alexander vs Christian