Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

Chris James 2 posted:

X champ can give up the belt for a world title shot. Josh Alexander vs Christian

Oh hell yeah that match is gonna bang.

I saw Josh Alexander at DEFY Leviathan Night one and he is loving amazing. I hope he wins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Does anyone know what option a/b are? I'm assuming one is keeping the title. But what is the other?

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

collocation posted:

Does anyone know what option a/b are? I'm assuming one is keeping the title. But what is the other?

Those were the choices Aries was given by then-GM Hogan in the lead up to Destination X:

* Option A – a title shot for the TNA Heavyweight Championship, but only if the X-Division Championship is vacated. If Aries wins, he gets everything, but if he loses, he has nothing;
* Option B – Aries keeps the X-Division Championship but doesn’t get a title shot at the World Heavyweight Championship;

Week later Aries would come out and put over how important the X-Division title was and how good the people contending in that division were. He wanted something that would not only keep the value of that title, but add an incentive for future X-Division champions:

* Option C – every year, whoever is X-Division Champion in the lead-up to Destination X, can also cash in the belt for the opportunity of a World Title shot.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
And since Impact went to quarterly PPVs, it’s been sporadically used - the last time someone did Option C was in 2018, when Brian Cage was X-Division Champion.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Is Christian/Alexander the main event for BFG, then?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Gaz-L posted:

Is Christian/Alexander the main event for BFG, then?

Considering it’s for the title, yes. It would take an unbelievable dream match to put it anywhere else.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1440019189838741504?s=20

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

I know he's not liked but still ouch, that sucks for him - it seemed like they were just starting a Sami / Eddie tag-team run too.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

J-Ro posted:

Those were the choices Aries was given by then-GM Hogan in the lead up to Destination X:

* Option A – a title shot for the TNA Heavyweight Championship, but only if the X-Division Championship is vacated. If Aries wins, he gets everything, but if he loses, he has nothing;
* Option B – Aries keeps the X-Division Championship but doesn’t get a title shot at the World Heavyweight Championship;

Week later Aries would come out and put over how important the X-Division title was and how good the people contending in that division were. He wanted something that would not only keep the value of that title, but add an incentive for future X-Division champions:

* Option C – every year, whoever is X-Division Champion in the lead-up to Destination X, can also cash in the belt for the opportunity of a World Title shot.

Thanks. That's the best explanation that I've seen.

Envisioned
Dec 31, 2007

Hasta la Sunset Vista, baby
It's been a long day and I'm probably missing something, but what's the functional difference between options a and c there? Seems like both are surrender the belt for a shot at the title. Does he keep the x-division title even if loses the main match with option c?

Edit: or is it more that option a isn't always on the table?

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Envisioned posted:

It's been a long day and I'm probably missing something, but what's the functional difference between options a and c there? Seems like both are surrender the belt for a shot at the title. Does he keep the x-division title even if loses the main match with option c?

They were identical except "A" was a one-time thing strictly for Aries, and "C" gave the future X-Division champs the same possibility (in both cases the belt needed to be surrendered). Aries was not getting anything extra for himself with "C", rather making sure that other competitors were treated equally - which made story-line sense as he was portrayed as someone who wanted that division to grow even after his title run.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
THEORETICALLY, a heel who hates the X Division and wants to keep it down could say “Option A” and pull up the ladder, but that would be a nuclear option that even Russo didn’t do.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Three matches have been added to Bound for Glory:

-Purrazzo defends her title against Mickie James
-Three-way to crown a new X Division Champion
-Call Your Shot Gauntlet (Brian Myers and Rich Swann are announced entrants)

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Much like most people I haven't really been following Impact aside from Daniels returning, but I still have to ask:
https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1443742977315180544

When/Why the hell did Juice start to look like 2010 Ricochet?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

That's unsettling

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Turning Point, the first Impact Plus event after Bound for Glory 2021, will be LIVE, which is cool.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/CiaranRH2/status/1445718405709905921

If you ever wondered how much TNA was making from twitch, well wonder no more

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Well, they're no longer on Twitch, they're on YouTube.

edit: I looked it up, those numbers are from 2019, which would explain it.

Edward Mass fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Oct 6, 2021

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I just caught up on Impact and that Micke James/Deonna segment was something else. It lasted like 5 minutes and had a few moments of attempted murder and was absolutely ridiculous. A wrestling match after trying to kill someone in their own barn with their pitchfork seems like a step down.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

DJExile posted:

:lol:

WWE wanted Adam Cole to give up twitch

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Edward Mass posted:

Well, they're no longer on Twitch, they're on YouTube.

edit: I looked it up, those numbers are from 2019, which would explain it.

Specifically aggregate from August 2019 until October 2021. You would be nuts to walk away from that, still.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Thanlis posted:

Specifically aggregate from August 2019 until October 2021. You would be nuts to walk away from that, still.

I'd have imagine their deal with YouTube was vetted, being that their Twitch feed was free while their YouTube Premium thing is, at minimum, 99˘ a month.

Unless we're talking about Adam Cole. That I agree with.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

1glitch0 posted:

I just caught up on Impact and that Micke James/Deonna segment was something else. It lasted like 5 minutes and had a few moments of attempted murder and was absolutely ridiculous. A wrestling match after trying to kill someone in their own barn with their pitchfork seems like a step down.

It had the perfect quota of silliness and violence for a brawl segment - I'm expecting bloodshed in their BFG match.

We're getting a teaser of Knockouts Knockdown tonight:

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1445539298359451659?s=20

And the bracket for the tournament is out:

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1446113105293955077?s=20

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

1glitch0 posted:

That's at least twice now that someone has tried to murder Mickie James in TNA

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

DJExile posted:

No no no, James Storm didn't try to kill Mickie James, he was just doing something borderline criminal.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Germansimp posted:

Much like most people I haven't really been following Impact aside from Daniels returning, but I still have to ask:
https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1443742977315180544

When/Why the hell did Juice start to look like 2010 Ricochet?

beats his lowtax look

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

DJExile posted:

Seven-year rule, buddy.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Edward Mass posted:

Seven-year rule, buddy.

People should try to murder Mickie James every seven years?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Germansimp posted:

No no no, James Storm didn't try to kill Mickie James, he was just doing something borderline criminal.

hahahahaha I was trying to remember what that phrase was, god that was incredible

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!
Wasn't it also pushing her in front of the Hogwart's Express?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
I have a FEELING that Christopher Daniels is getting a title shot at Turning Point.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Mickie James sending Russian assassins after Deonna now, great stuff:

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1446566069490044935

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Masha Slamovich rules.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Knockouts Knockdown is a hell of a card so far.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

DJExile posted:

I guess we can confidently state that me sitting in twitch chat typing "Hey Gorilla, how much does this guy weigh?" during every entrance did not in fact, draw money.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
As I expected, the IInspiration are headed to Impact Wrestling.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Hell yeah :getin:

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
drat I may have to tune into Impact now

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!

Digital Jedi posted:

drat I may have to tune into Impact now

If you go in with fairly low expectations, it's actually a pretty enjoyable show. I was one of the main "lol TNA" people in this subforum for many years, but I like current Impact. It does sort of remind me of a higher-budget Championship Wrestling from Hollywood, but that's not a bad thing as I actually liked that show too. :v: And I think they're actually doing pretty good things with their women's division (I'm a big fan of Deonna and Tenille, and I'll be happy to see the IInspiration there too).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/draconiandays/status/1447350163404644358?s=21

Im trying to remember what JJ and crew were attempting to ride off of here. Was it a taker return?