Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I am sickly and in bad brainspace and am going to watch the bad show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

you made record profits and that's your CG

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

even aside from the DUI thing, why would you book them to win, give them a really, really good finishing sequence that could have ended it, then have that be a fakeout and instead end it on a rollup

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Nairbo posted:

lol remember when rvd lost his title because weed

to be fair, the WWE title is demonstrably a real belt whereas the smackdown tag team titles cannot conclusively be proven to exist

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

that's...an ending

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

styles is still so goddamn good and the best thing they have for him to do is get Omos over

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Lid posted:

Being entirely bad faith here but its too much of a lay up to ignore:

Joining such lumiaries as Ricochet, Robert Rude and No Way Jose.

no way jose got maybe the worst gimmick in the entire world over with the crowd, i will defend him to my death

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

graph posted:

speaking of where'd adam rose end up

steroid country

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Mage_Boy posted:

This crowd remains weird. Random chants for Kofi, more silence. They were only really hot the whole match on the pre-show.

The rest of the show has been about slowly killing fan interest to the point that this world title match is basically 'hey that guy you like is getting murdered in slow motion for ten minutes,' so it's not like it doesn't make sense

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Blaise330 posted:

man Kofimania was fun but that asswhooping was just.... there's no coming back. Kofi could go on a 100 win streak against the entire roster and I'll still flashback to this match and go "nope". He is doner than done.

I mean, there is no small amount of intention in that Kofimania only worked against Daniel Bryan, the other guy the WWE wasn't crazy about, and in the aftermath every time he's fought a Real Heavyweight like Lesnar or Lashley or Drew he's gotten wrecked.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

The crowd interaction and subsequent couple minutes of wrestling was the first time they've felt believably angry and fired up in this whole feud and it was nice

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I feel like the match keeps kind of revving into good territory, then getting awkward again, then finding a good pitch again, and it's kinda weird.

DLC Inc posted:

this is amazing, first big ppv back and the crowd has poo poo all over it

It's a great encapsulation of the WWE that when the show started the crowd was loving white hot and ready to have fun and cheer everything and by halfway through the entire thing turned sour

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

on one hand the power is impressive, on the other hand what an incredibly unnecessary setup for a suplex

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

They got that one back pretty good, yeah.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

yeah, mine also turned to garbage

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I aggressively wish Vince McMahon hadn't discovered the word drip

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

loving ow

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

we're really doing drew and jinder at summerslam, huh

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

jesus christ, man

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

That unequivocally ruled, yeah

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

it comes up a lot but the post-CFO$ music really is universally lame

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

i can't tell if this has been going for ten minutes or an hour

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

what an incredible waste of everyone's time

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

every day we drift further from what gave us meaning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

so are the summerslam main events going to be roman/cena and lashley/goldberg because jesus christ