Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

This is one of the resources that helped me pick my first printer. The post by /u/sausage54 has a lot of info and it gets updated every once in a while.

vvvvv
But that may also work

Chernabog fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Jul 19, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

A while ago I swapped the flexible mat for a glass and my prints were instantly heaps better.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Is there a thread like this for laser cutters? Or would that still be considered 3D printing?

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I use my 3D printer mostly to make gears so I figured it might be faster with a laser cutter. They seem way too expensive anyway.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

A CNC router would be great but unfortunately I don't have a workshop.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Yeah, I have my ender 3 at my home office room and that's about as far as I'd go.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

w00tmonger posted:

Any wall art like this out there thats less nerdy?
https://www.prusaprinters.org/prints/63640-death-star-diorama-trench-run

Im Moving into a new place and looking for some large format prints I can use to add some texture to a gallery wall

Not exactly what you want but I made this a while ago:

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Hadlock posted:

Reminds me of the failed print graveyard that lives between the back of my printer, and the wall (but in a good way)

Funny thing is that I screwed up the model because the hexagons were supposed to be a solid piece. The triangles came out too flimsy and broke off but I ended up liking it better that way.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Is it possible to iron the flat surfaces of a print to smooth them out?
I'm printing metallic PLA and tried to sand it but it takes out the shine from it.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Yeah, I was thinking I could try with some baking paper or aluminum foil in between, and just sorta do a quick pass. I guess I can try it since it's only on a 1hr print so if it gets ruined I don't care.
Oh, and my printer is an E3 pro, dunno if it has that setting.

Chernabog fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Sep 24, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I don't have the box anymore but I believe it is silk PLA. I'll look into the iron feature in Cura.