Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

Doctor Zero posted:

So kind of like poison ivy then? I used to think I wasn’t allergic to it and used to pull it out by hand until one day OOPS YOU GET REACTIONS NOW.

I was just curious if you had seen or learned of any example cases. Didn’t mean it had to be you or that I doubted it. Just a lot of people say it is bad (and I believe them) but I am curious about how it manifests.

I got sensitized to the soap used to clean aircraft. Washing an aircraft a day for a year or two then one day I'm mixing soap and my arms turn red and it feels like I'm on fire. Couldn't even be in the hangar when an aircraft wash was happening because it felt like my mucous membranes were dissolving. The docs gave me a note that said I had become "industrially sensitized" and that it was a not-allergic reaction, so "just take a benadryl and get to washing" wasn't a valid response.

It went away after a decade. I learned my lesson about chemicals that can sensitize, though, and follow all PPE requirements, especially at the house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU