Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

Deviant posted:

So between an MK4 and an X1C, the X1C is probablty the better buy? I really like my current not-online prusaslicer ecosystem, though.

An X1C will be better money:features/speed ratio. That being said I bought an MK4 to replace my MK2S and I'm happy I chose it over the X1C.

Four major reasons:
1. I really like USB for transporting files.
2. It's way quieter (this printer is my one FDM printer for the home, I'm not running a farm or anything.)
3. Prusa Slicer is so good I wanted to give them money so they kept making it.
4. I like the open ecosystem.

I bought this thing before input shaping was added. I'd estimate I saw a roughly 40% reduction in my print times with input shaping.

BabelFish fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Oct 6, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib
Is there a good, comprehensive, resource for explaining resin slicer anti-aliasing settings? Everything I've found seems to be a couple years and a few versions out of date, and most of it is straight up wrong.

Could not for the life of me work out why I was getting way worse layer lines in Lychee over chitubox. Took me days of fiddling with test prints and pixel peeping UVtools to finally realize that Lychee's 'grey offset' has to be at 0% to match chitubox's defaults of '0 - 255' grey scale level.