Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

Yeah, the Mini dropping to less than $400(including the shipping) made it a no-brainer purchase for me and my drama department. It's going to be great for small props, accessories, and costume embellishments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

You can get filament that works in a bambu anywhere. Get the exclusive parts.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

People who have the Bambu A1 Mini without the AMS Lite, what do you think of this little upgrade? Does it make sense? Is it a space-saver? Can it be trusted to hold the spool up there, or is KINGROON trying to trick me into smashing my printer so I'll have to buy one of theirs as a replacement?

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

Further question: What 3d printing youtubers do people recommend? The only ones I really like are the Germans (CNCKitchen, Thomas Sanladerer) and the Australians (Makerʻs Muse, Teaching Tech)

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

Nerobro posted:

ZackFiredman: shotgun of information, and funny.

This guy is like the Beakman's World of 3d printing, and I wish I meant that as a compliment.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

Deviant posted:

Why would you not 3d print 3d printer parts with your 3d printer?

Because my 3d printer can't print ABS and aluminum? Especially for a part that's always going to be under load.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I can print an anti-lock brake system for my girlfriend! Finally!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I also bought the nozzle and plate pack. I was printing theatrical props that don't need to look nice close up, and the .6mm nozzle let me whip right through them. I like that the .4mm and .6mm nozzles in the kit are hardened, because I want to print glow in the dark fun stuff, and carbon fiber PLA.

edit: and I have 2 aftermarket plates coming from aliexpress, they're dirt cheap.