Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug
I'm getting back into printing again, waiting on a Bambu P1S to be delivered tomorrow, definitely an upgrade from my CR10S. One thing I'm looking to print is a quick disconnect for a sink faucet so I can connect hoses, etc. to my brewing setup. Since it'll be both hot and cold water running through it, for cooling or cleaning purposes so I'm not worried about food safety, would PLA be ok to print or so I look at something with a higher heat tolerance since hot water will be going through it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug
Thanks for the info. I'll prototype in PLA and then print in either ABS or PETG. I got the AMS with the P1S. I'm actually looking forward to printing again.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug
After getting the P1S up and understanding how Bambu Studio works. I want to say this is what I was hoping for in a 3D printer. Everything has been working great so far. Currently printing a poop chute for it. I also think I've printed more in the last two days than the last two years with my old CR10S.

I have the printer in my basement, so about mid-60s consistently. I see the recommendation for having the door open during PLA prints, is that something I should bother with or just leave it shut since it's a bit cooler than what I would say is "normal" household temperatures?

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug
I've run into my first weird thing with the P1S. I'm printing out some of the honeycomb wall stuff and for some reason the only things refusing to stay attached to the build plate are the 2, 3, or 4 set connectors. It's really strange everything else has worked flawlessly. Just tried printing with the door open and nothing.