Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zephirus
May 18, 2004

BRRRR......CHK

Larryb posted:

Also for that matter, is the rest of Season 3 on D+ outside of the US yet?

S1/2 and the two eps of 3 are up on D+ in the UK at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Based on the timeslot the finale will be about 55 minutes long (assuming there are no commercials that is)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Mar 20, 2023

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Edit: Nevermind, wrong video

Larryb fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Mar 21, 2023

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Edit: Nevermind this one too

Larryb fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Mar 23, 2023

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Series finale trailer:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=ml8T3vNsRNY

Larryb fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Mar 23, 2023

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

lol how long do you think the crew had that last Fullmetal Alchemist-rear end handclap in the chamber for?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also Beluz and Collector Pac-Man, seems like this episode’s gonna be a mindfuck and I’m 100% here for it

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The finale will be 55 minutes long and air completely uninterrupted:

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/DanaTerrace/status/1642934927900708864

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I don't have D+, is the finale good or what?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ragnar34 posted:

I don't have D+, is the finale good or what?

It’ll probably be on YouTube later like every other episode this season was

I’ll post my full thoughts later but yes, the finale was extremely good in my opinion

Larryb fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Apr 9, 2023

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
That was the best possible ending we could hope for. There is a lot I'm sad we didn't get to see because Disney hosed with the final season. There will always be questions of what more could have been. But this was an amazing ending and it feels so weird knowing this is an end of an era for Disney as they have lost all the main peeps Alex Hirsch brought in. But, for now, I'm just happy for what we got.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Everyone shut up, Harpy Lilith.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Luz having a kaiju fight with Belos was anime as gently caress and I loved it (I enjoyed the callback to her Azura dream at the start of the series as well, including one last instance of “Now eat this sucka!”). Also Harpy Lilith is real

Kind of a pity Luz lost her glyphs but otherwise that was the best way they probably could have handled the ending given the circumstances

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Larryb posted:

Luz having a kaiju fight with Belos was anime as gently caress and I loved it (I enjoyed the callback to her Azura dream at the start of the series as well, including one last instance of “Now eat this sucka!”). Also Harpy Lilith is real

Kind of a pity Luz lost her glyphs but otherwise that was the best way they probably could have handled the ending given the circumstances

She didn't lose them forever. King is going to teach her a new set.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Covok posted:

She didn't lose them forever. King is going to teach her a new set.

True. I also hoped we’d get a bit more Camila/Eda interaction but otherwise that was a very satisfying ending where pretty much everyone got what they deserved

Covok
May 27, 2013

Larryb posted:

True. I also hoped we’d get a bit more Camila/Eda interaction but otherwise that was a very satisfying ending where pretty much everyone got what they deserved

A dissapointing omission, but a sacrfise for time, no doubt. If we got the full season, I'm sure we would have gotten that. But, it's a madness to what if...unless you intend to write a fanfic about an expanded third season yourself, which Luz would approve of lol.

LemonRind
Apr 26, 2010

CEO OF FUNHAVER ENTERPRISES
Ask me about making YOUR thread suck less!
Did I see it wrong or was there a whole other continent at the edge of the map when they were looking at the boiling isles from above?

Covok
May 27, 2013

LemonRind posted:

Did I see it wrong or was there a whole other continent at the edge of the map when they were looking at the boiling isles from above?

Yes, there indeed was.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Covok posted:

A dissapointing omission, but a sacrfise for time, no doubt. If we got the full season, I'm sure we would have gotten that. But, it's a madness to what if...unless you intend to write a fanfic about an expanded third season yourself, which Luz would approve of lol.

To be fair, Dana is on record as saying she prefers more open ended conclusions so it kind of works in that regard (still a disappointing omission nonetheless though)

Also King’s dad was apparently voiced by Arin Hanson

I’d kind of like the crew to sit down some time and talk about what got kept from their original plan and what had to be cut/changed for time (if only for curiosity’s sake)

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Just watched it. Good stuff. Quit dropping the ball on good stuff, Disney!

I do have a question though What IS Hooty? King's dad has an expressionless extension of what Hooty is but that doesn't explain why Hooty is separate from it. Was he the original part of the titan or the last remnants? Maybe I should just say that Hooty is Hooty and keep it at that.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Waffleopolis posted:

I do have a question though What IS Hooty? King's dad has an expressionless extension of what Hooty is but that doesn't explain why Hooty is separate from it. Was he the original part of the titan or the last remnants? Maybe I should just say that Hooty is Hooty and keep it at that.

Hooty just is, probably best not to think about it too hard

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The final episode is officially up on YouTube, get it while it’s available:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=MVSaLg5xBr0

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Larryb posted:

Thanks for posting the link Larryb!

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Why didn't Hooty have any dialogue

That's just shameful :colbert:

MACAW.AVI
Dec 1, 2013

Waffleopolis posted:

A bug demon, obviously. :v:

I’m a little surprised that the Illusion Coven Head’s monocle didn’t end up getting used against Belos (use his own fratricidal guilt against him!), but I’m not going to hold the writing team’s need to streamline the story against them. It was a perfectly decent ending, especially considering what the writers were up against.

MACAW.AVI fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Apr 9, 2023

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Larryb posted:

Clicked so hard I broke every keyboard in the house and on the block

They wrested a good story from the claws of the wretched mouse despite its best efforts. There's too much to unpack offhand but I can't believe I'm not disappointed. They had to get a lot of mileage out of unvoiced visuals, but they did their best and they're good at what they do. loving lol at Eda sweating bullets when she first meets Camilla. "I almost got your kid killed about thirty or forty times but we're cool right"

Oh yeah and a tiny Hooty hanging out on the Titan's eye socket. This either answers what Hooty is or raises further questions, which I assume is basically how his origin episode would have gone, if we're honest with ourselves. Hooty is an unending thread of insanity. Pulling on that thread is like pulling an infinite length of tied handkerchiefs out of a magician's sleeve, but the handkerchiefs are a long owl that eats mail. I love him so much.

Sockser posted:

Why didn't Hooty have any dialogue

That's just shameful :colbert:

Bro said :sparkles:

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Hooty got to live in the back-pack of his bestest friend, isn't that a good send-off for Hootsifer?

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
My only note is that Luz should have gotten to stay half-Titan. drat the status quo!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

While I would have preferred she didn’t get a super form I will admit that Titan Luz was pretty well handled at least (she also now joins Star Butterfly and Anne Boonchuy in the ranks of Disney protagonists that gained ultimate power after temporarily dying, though in the latter’s case she got the power first and died as a result of it)

Covok
May 27, 2013

It's very obvious that Disney shows with portal fantasy are all desperately trying to avoid the Star Vs Finale fiasco.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Covok posted:

It's very obvious that Disney shows with portal fantasy are all desperately trying to avoid the Star Vs Finale fiasco.

I feel like this show reached a decent compromise in that regard (everyone can basically just come and go between the two worlds as they please). Belos just being literally curbstomped after his final defeat was pretty satisfying as well

I like that they didn’t try to redeem Odalia at all though I’d of still kind of liked to see what happened to her (maybe the Collector kidnapped her and took her back to the stars with him to continue serving as his personal cook/maid).

I also headcanon that Vee was officially adopted into the Noceda family and Camila and Eda became drinking buddies.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Apr 9, 2023

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also for some reason Tibbles was invited to Luz’s birthday party:

Emergency rations I assume

Larryb fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Apr 9, 2023

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Larryb posted:

Also for some reason Tibbles was invited to Luz’s birthday party:

Emergency rations I assume

I loved how Odalia was completely absent except for the shot when Amity reunites with her dad. You can just tell that a few seconds earlier he impassionedly told her "So yeah, we're getting a divorce. Please stay away from me and my children. I'll have the proper paper work sent to you."

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Well, I'm sad now.

I guess it's all in the hands of the fanficers.

<cracks knuckles, fires up Scrivener>
Amity Blight, Airship Pirate -- Vol.1

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

cant cook creole bream posted:

I loved how Odalia was completely absent except for the shot when Amity reunites with her dad. You can just tell that a few seconds earlier he impassionedly told her "So yeah, we're getting a divorce. Please stay away from me and my children. I'll have the proper paper work sent to you."

I also kind of enjoyed Belos going out in the most pathetic way possible while Luz just stands there having none of his poo poo

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Larryb posted:

I also kind of enjoyed Belos going out in the most pathetic way possible while Luz just stands there having none of his poo poo

It's also nearly the same way a famous witch dies for added irony.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Covok posted:

The parts where Luz mentions that she and Stringbean figured out some magic on their own and King coming up with new glyphs reads to me like they wanted to go down the "Luz (and Eda and Lilith) loses her magic permanently" route but realized at the last minute that that would be loving stupid.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
Finally had a chance to watch this and I'm bawling. What a great finale. Gotta go through the end credits with a fine toothed comb later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Nikumatic posted:

My only note is that Luz should have gotten to stay half-Titan. drat the status quo!

I knew the powerup was temporary but i was hoping she would keep the fangs and some of the rest. Fangs are cool!