Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

the physics are wrong

All stars: Mario eats the mushroom and gets big.

Super mario bros: Mario eats the mushroom, fills with confidence, and approaches the camera.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Arrhythmia posted:

All stars: Mario eats the mushroom and gets big.

Super mario bros: Mario eats the mushroom, fills with confidence, and approaches the camera.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Simply Simon posted:

thank you nintendo (mario 3D world, skyward sword)

there's a big distinction between ports with enhanced graphics or added features, like these, and full-blown remakes like zero mission or samus returns or ff7. not to say we cant talk about both but it's worth acknowledging imho.

maybe it's a spectrum i think mario all stars and demons souls remake are sort of in between but mostly theyre ports.

thius

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

b_d posted:

there's a big distinction between ports with enhanced graphics or added features, like these, and full-blown remakes like zero mission or samus returns or ff7. not to say we cant talk about both but it's worth acknowledging imho
maybe

honestly tho I love it either way. also on the spectrum: director's cut types (literally Deus Ex Human Revolution, Dark Soul 2: SotFS)

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

b_d posted:

there's a big distinction between ports with enhanced graphics or added features, like these, and full-blown remakes like zero mission or samus returns or ff7. not to say we cant talk about both but it's worth acknowledging imho.

maybe it's a spectrum i think mario all stars and demons souls remake are sort of in between but mostly theyre ports.

thius

Demon's souls was a remake. A port is essentially moving the same game onto a new system with no changes to the game. Demon's souls was almost rebuilt

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

i think quest for glory vga counts as a remake and its still one of the best imo

Hiraeth
May 14, 2021
o_O <--- me when i found out the goldeneye 007 XBLA remaster got shitcanned despite the fact that it only needed two more months of development until it was properly finished

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

The texans made demons souls good by making it look like kingdoms of amalur and adding fake latin singing everywhere

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

mysterious loyall X posted:

The texans made demons souls good by making it look like kingdoms of amalur and adding fake latin singing everywhere

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Shadow of the Colossus remake is perfect

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

nier remake was very good

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

NienNunb posted:

wander looks too different

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dongicus posted:

Yes.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Dongicus posted:

I never played the original so I can’t comment on it as a remake but as a game on its own terms it’s incredible, even with a bunch of games coming out later this year that I’m really looking forward to I think it’s almost certainly going to be my GOTY

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
remakes like nier that charge $60 like its a brand new game grinds my gears a lil bit, but did pay 45 when it was on sale because i heard its pretty pog

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

NienNunb posted:

to turn off because this boring turd is puttin me to sleep! gahahaha.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
I love the Super Mario Odyssey remake from 2017 was so much better than the original

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020
Okami HD and Okami HD-er(PS4) are exquisite

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

I'm gonna buy the fucken' Castlevania GBA Collection on Switch

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Simply Simon posted:

That's a perfect rec, thanks. I tried 4 but despite it being a certified God Game something about it just didn't click with me at all, but maybe I'll revisit it. Next time the remakes are on sale I'll get them for sure.

Coming into this thread late but if you have access to a Wii/Wii U the Wiimote version of RE4 is a blast.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Coming into this thread late but if you have access to a Wii/Wii U the Wiimote version of RE4 is a blast.
I do have a Wii... I'll keep my eyes open, thanks friend

Rockstar just announced GTA3, Vice City and SA remasters. Super curious to see what they'll change.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Simply Simon posted:

I do have a Wii... I'll keep my eyes open, thanks friend

Rockstar just announced GTA3, Vice City and SA remasters. Super curious to see what they'll change.

adding dab emotes, removing all the music

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

adding dab emotes, removing all the music

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Does SUper Monkey Ball Banana Mania count. It's a hell of a package you'd have to be absolute Monkey Ball Maniac to clear everything available in the game

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Does SUper Monkey Ball Banana Mania count. It's a hell of a package you'd have to be absolute Monkey Ball Maniac to clear everything available in the game

Sure why not. It’s a remake of the first two games/deluxe isn’t it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Sure why not. It’s a remake of the first two games/deluxe isn’t it

I wasn't sure how many maps were new or remakes or if it was all remade since I've never really gotten into monkey ball

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

its a completely different engine with most of the same maps. the sjws have removed the dole logo from the bananas and some of the old maps are gone (gamecube shaped map, am2 logo map, ???)

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

NienNunb posted:

uhhh no, lol

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

its a completely different engine with most of the same maps. the sjws have removed the dole logo from the bananas and some of the old maps are gone (gamecube shaped map, am2 logo map, ???)

gently caress THIS

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the PS3 remake is really good since it no longer runs at 10fps

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

This is the real reason why Nagoshi left Sega

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

In Training posted:

the PS3 remake is really good since it no longer runs at 10fps

and the trade off is it looks like dogshit

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Why would you play the PS3 remake when the PS4 remake by Bluepoint is actually good?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Why would you play the PS3 remake when the PS4 remake by Bluepoint is actually good?
:blastu:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Nice gang tags.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

That Little Demon posted:

and the trade off is it looks like dogshit

That's the PS4 one op