Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
there was a time when remakes/remasters were called HD collections or whatever and they sucked

but now most remakes are loving awesome!

thank you toys for bob (spyro)
thank you bluepoint (uncharted, DeS)
thank you atlus (nocturne)
thank you nintendo (mario 3D world, skyward sword)
thank you sega (sonic colors)
thank you squeenix (uh, a few)

what's on your list

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Resi is a big blind spot for me. I gotta get in on this poo poo!!

Fungah! posted:

saga frontier remastered is a finished game and saga frontier isnt, plus it added tons of QoL stuff (better translation, speed up, flee button, full equipment stats, tons of comfort changes to the monster system). its my personal gold standard for a remaster now
I'm gonna get this one after I'm done with Romancing SaGa 3, which was a completely unexpected surprise to find on Steam. One of the big Squeenix thanks

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I couldn’t ever really get into Resident Evil myself until RE2 remake but it and 3 remake are insanely good, which got me to try out 7 and 8 too and I loved all of them. still need to go back for 4 at some point but I ended up getting distracted by a bunch of other games after beating 8
That's a perfect rec, thanks. I tried 4 but despite it being a certified God Game something about it just didn't click with me at all, but maybe I'll revisit it. Next time the remakes are on sale I'll get them for sure.

Also big yes to all the mentioned Metroids, Fire Red and Leaf Green were awesome as a kid, and I remember having a great time with Bionic Commando as well, though it's been a while.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

b_d posted:

there's a big distinction between ports with enhanced graphics or added features, like these, and full-blown remakes like zero mission or samus returns or ff7. not to say we cant talk about both but it's worth acknowledging imho
maybe

honestly tho I love it either way. also on the spectrum: director's cut types (literally Deus Ex Human Revolution, Dark Soul 2: SotFS)

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

I'm gonna buy the fucken' Castlevania GBA Collection on Switch

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Coming into this thread late but if you have access to a Wii/Wii U the Wiimote version of RE4 is a blast.
I do have a Wii... I'll keep my eyes open, thanks friend

Rockstar just announced GTA3, Vice City and SA remasters. Super curious to see what they'll change.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

I would rebuy the Metroid Prime Trilogy on Switch in a heartbeat. It would own so hard

Do you think Star Fox Adventures could be good with enough changes? I never ended up finishing it because it was so tedious to get anything done

I've heard a few times of Project 06, a fan remake of Sonic 06, that seems to be going extremely well. I'm hoping beyond hope that Sega just hires the people making it, like they did for the Sonic CD guy

I'd also buy BB again on PS5 even if the jump from 4 to 5 is not nearly as massive as the 3 to 5 jump for Demon's. however, gotta own a PS5 first...

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

scary ghost dog posted:

lol well that answers a question ive had for a little while
THAT's where I know that little rascal from!

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

I think Prime with a recenter button like Skyward Sword has might work. Lord knows I've manually "recentered" the Wiimote a lot when playing the trilogy because I had relaxed too much on the sofa and now the angle was all wrong

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

I did look it up, bookmarking this. Love it when people give their full emulator settings. I did want to replay Corruption at some point...wonder how Nunchuk will work

Your post reminded me that I finally played GoldenEye and PerfectDark "for real" recently (I did try both at a friend's as a kid but only with cheats because I sucked). There's a specialized N64 emulator called 1964 that gives the game widescreen, great textures and full mouse control. Plays like a charm. Basically what an ideal remake for PC would look like imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

I enjoyed Saint's Row 3 (on PC)