Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bemused Observer
Sep 21, 2019

Sure, the game seems to have revolved entirely around George, Hayley, Emmett and Dani (so it's still better than Samoa's "Russel exclaims how great he is 20 times per episode" or IoE's "Rick Devens presents Rick Devens's "The Rick Devens Show", starring Rick Devens"), but do we really need so many confessionals of George going "They're all out to get me and I'm screwed unless Macedonian Jesus saves me"? I wouldn't mind featuring the other players more even if they don't drive the actions - even if they aren't strongly strategic, it would be nice to hear what they think about the events and the other players. There's also always the question of --- are those four people really the only ones seriously playing the game, or do we just think they are because we don't hear much from the others?

All that said, I can't be mad about Hayley being featured so heavily because I really enjoy watching her play and hearing her talk about the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

I'm behind on AU and SA, but wanted to say that I like the SA host, with the caveat that this is the first season of SA I've watched. He actually seems to be engaged with the game instead of just being a narrator. And I am sure it is mostly the script and editing, but his questions are more pointed and specific. His follow-up questions and comments at tribal council really make it sound like he's savvy to details and gameplay. Or maybe that's the local production philosophy to acknowledge what is going on back at camp, instead of the pretend-ignorant questions "How were things back at camp?" you see on the US and AU tribal councils.

The AU host is the best play-by-play announcer that I've seen though, he's just 100% into it, and just seems genuinely pleasant. But the SA guy seems to really enjoy the social and mental game.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
now that Andrew is gone, only Haley or George deserve to win at this point. Dani would be an ok winner, but everyone else is just inconsequential.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Just winner speculation as above I agree it seems the winners should either by Haylee or George at this point. Although I'm not sure I'd be upset with any of the final 7 winning. Flick & Dani haven't played bad games, they've just mostly stuck with their Brawn alliance, which made the mistake of trusting George & Cara for longer than they should have... I could see George losing in a final 2 if the jury is super bitter towards his gameplay... Kind of Coach like in talking about loyalty in tribal councils while loving over everyone along the way... With his little speech while voting out Emmitt, while funny, I can't imagine a scenario where Emmitt would actually vote for George to win the game...

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
Shout out to Laura’s dress in e21. That’s the real winner of the season.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Who’s having a good time at ponderosa, give me a smile

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Yeah Laura is killing it on the jury. Re the urns, they sucked, but in a waste of time kind of way more than a game ruining way which is nice I guess. I liked that they knew about them ahead of time and that the deeper you got the better your odds were… except they disincentivized shaking anything up, and then once the scroll does get revealed, the next person is out of luck. So now we’ve got Flick but no Dani.

Even if Wai and Hayley wanted to take out George, it didn’t make sense to do it at 6 instead of 5. So they just had to kill an extra TC to get there. If the Brains stay strong at 5, Flick’s idol will come up huge, but more likely it was useless at 6 due to the split, and she won’t need it at 5 when Hayley and wai already seem ready to flip. That’s where Cara not having hers anymore will hurt because she could’ve idoled her and George to F4. I bet Flick goes at 4 or 3 after she’s been used to boot Georgey

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Sep 3, 2021

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Flick is kind of in position to win immunities to the final tribal. Any of the physical challenges are basically just going to be between Flick & Haylee at this point.

And yea, Cara pretty much completely destroyed her game & and sort of jury respect burning her idol when she did. It was just such a terrible play, since the idols get put back in play right away and now Flick & Dani found it...

I kind of think maybe they should actually increase the size of their cast, so they have some more flexibility if players get pulled from the game. And also maybe make the last week of the season more exciting. As it is we have 3 episodes to go from the final 5 to the winner...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Probably don't want to watch the episode preview at the end of Episode 22 for episode 23... unless you just want to skip forward to the tribal...

Also the final immunity challenge looks like it will be pure torture.

Final 3 spoiler: Probably the 3 possible to be in the final 3... Although there was a scenario where the final 3 could have all been players voted out of the game...

Cara is super loyal, but also seems to not have been the best fit for a Brain tribe. Kind of funny really, ultimately playing her idol poorly, is what gave Flick the idol and sent her home...

2Fast2Nutricious
Oct 4, 2020

Whatever happens next, I'm thoroughly enjoing myself.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I’ve watched up through the f4 tc and wow we’re guaranteed to have one of George/Hayley in the f2 and probably both??? Great play by them this week with George’s vote out of Wai and Hayley swinging Flick’s target on her into Cara and George voting each other. I mean if you assume Flick wins any FTC scenario it was also just the logical play but still… and Cara goes out because Hayley didn’t believe she’d vote George, but she did!

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
Yeah anyone who wins will deserve it. A great season.

i think if George didn’t flip on Cara (and he would have been safe still, but a risk) he would win 100% on the “loyalty” card he’s played) but he hedged. As is I think Flick will win and probably deserves it most

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

They're shooting next season in Australia. :toot:
There is an unannounced theme "that has been used in the US" so probably Blood vs. Water.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Blood Vs. Water is probably a pretty good guess... Although I would love to see some Survivor season revisit the One World theme...

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
Pumped for finale. Go flick

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Maybe the most insane final immunity challenge ever? Straight up torture :lol: (just one of the lab rats in the photo, no spoiler)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

The final challenge was fantastic television. I loved that they went straight to the vote and didn't gently caress around.

WINNER
idk if it speaks to Australian Survivor being a wacky game or how much better Hayley played but I can barely muster a complaint about a redemption islandrock player winning. Really good season and my only complaint is that Flick deserved more confessionals so it wasn't such an obvious final two.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It's pretty cool they showed all of the vote speeches from the Jury for the winner.

As for the actual spoilers on it...

If Lily can win Pearl Islands, I don't see anything wrong with Haylee winning. It's kind of crazy that they didn't vote her right back out. She burned everyone, came back into the game and formed alliances again like it never happened...

I can see why Flick wouldn't get that much confessionals and don't think it was necessarily a giveaway that she wouldn't be the final 2. Even with US Survivor, the social game winners seem to be hard to get a lot of good confessionals out of.

And I think the big difference between Haylee & George's games is simply that Haylee didn't really hide from the fact that she was lying and deceiving everyone. And of course also George basically sat out of or stepped down from multiple immunity challenges and just wanted to rely on strategic play... which isn't going to play well with a bunch of Brawn tribe on the jury.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
had george been even slightly humble, I think he could have had a shot, but alas he couldn’t imagine not being a strategic robot

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

This season was a beautiful mess. They really don’t mess about with final challenges in Australia Survivor.

2Fast2Nutricious
Oct 4, 2020

I'm gutted that flick did not get to plead her case. :( Good season tho!

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

Now that's over, I am back to just the South Africa show which is winding down. Someone mentioned upthread that the gameplay is poor, and that doesn't quite do it justice - there's only 1 person that I can tell (Kieran) who is playing the game. It has been very jarring watching that and AU simultaneously.

Except maybe Chappies, who stole food and got no more damaged from that other than "Chappies Bad" and continues to flaunt it in peoples' faces. Now he catches and eats his own food and doesn't give a poo poo about sharing. I love his balls, , but mostly am annoyed by the lack of any game at all by the remainder of the tribe.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I still haven't finished the last season of Australian Survivor, got busy.

But for anyone curious, the new season is apparently filming now and set to air in 2023. They are bringing back 12 Survivors and 12 new players, but also doing Heroes vs. Villains, not sure how that will work with new players but should be fun. They have revealed at least 6 players that are returning, spoilering even though you know you will forget by the time the show airs anyway. Kristie Bennett (2016), Shaun Hampson (2019), Nina Twine (2022), Jordie Hansen (2022), George Mladenov AKA George from Bankstown (2019) and Shonee Fairfax (2018/2020)

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Much more of the cast for Heroes Vs Villains has been revealed, I think the other 2 will probably revealed next week or something.

https://survivor.fandom.com/wiki/Australian_Survivor:_Heroes_v_Villains

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Kristie having to pull out before the season started because of an injury really sucks. It would have been great to see them again.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Sad to see they filmed in Samoa. The outback footage was incredible from the last 2 seasons.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Well it's time. Australian Survivor, Heroes Vs. Villains premiers Monday night!

Can get the cast list from here -> https://survivor.fandom.com/wiki/Australian_Survivor:_Heroes_v_Villains#Castaways includes George from Bankstown as a villain and Sandra's daughter Nina returning as a Hero after getting hurt in the Blood Vs Water season!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Pretty fun first episode, going to be a fun season I think!

Also for the spoilers...

The 24 hours away from the game for medical observation is one hell of a rule and such a huge deal when it involved missing a Tribal council completely. Although kind of funny King George found his solid 3 on day 1 and then both are gone because of the vote and injury. Although downside is we probably get another non elimination episode this season.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Episode 1: That immunity challenge was so ridiculously dangerous. I do not understand why that pool of mud was so shallow, especially after a previous player sued production for injuring himself in a previous challenge.

The Villains still choosing to vote someone out was…interesting. Potentially three people out one episode in is going to mean a lot of non elimination episodes

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Dugong posted:

Episode 1: That immunity challenge was so ridiculously dangerous. I do not understand why that pool of mud was so shallow, especially after a previous player sued production for injuring himself in a previous challenge.

The Villains still choosing to vote someone out was…interesting. Potentially three people out one episode in is going to mean a lot of non elimination episodes

Well (still ep1 spoiler)... they totally cleared the up right away in the episode 2 preview. I don't see how you could not go forward with the vote though, already voted, how could you trust anybody if you went back to camp not knowing how people voted.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Well (still ep1 spoiler)... they totally cleared the up right away in the episode 2 preview. I don't see how you could not go forward with the vote though, already voted, how could you trust anybody if you went back to camp not knowing how people voted.

Surely it's as simple as just saying whatever you were saying before you went to tribal. It's a moronic decision.

Reading how much poo poo the contestants have had to put up with over the years, these producers sound extremely negligent and lovely. And they only tell the audience unless they totally have to and will otherwise just cover it up. Yeah, there is the major stuff like big wave surfer guys injury but then you also have the likes of:
-David with his rear end wound that put him in hospital
-Flick with her ear infection where she was literally deaf in one ear for her last few days and required hospitalisation
-Cara with the mystery leg bandage that lasted half a season but never got bought up
-AK blowing out both knees while filming the season intro and then getting "wow this guy is really lazy and sits around in the shelter all day" edit
-Phoebe literally having a broken neck

I'm sure there is a ton more that have come out that I'm forgetting but then there is probably a ton more from people that we don't know about.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Also, what the gently caress is up with Rogue and that scene with Nina?

And you might think the "i've been closer to dying, top THAT!" conversation was bad, but it's even worse than you think. The guy was in a rescue helicopter crash whilst trying to save someone and nearly died (the story he was telling that she shat on) and he also lost his own sister in another helicopter crash.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Looten Plunder posted:

And you might think the "i've been closer to dying, top THAT!" conversation was bad, but it's even worse than you think. The guy was in a rescue helicopter crash whilst trying to save someone and nearly died (the story he was telling that she shat on) and he also lost his own sister in another helicopter crash.

Rogue's deleted her social media apparently, so I'm guessing Not Good.

Anyway, not that it's really relevant and it's a bit late but I think I'm going with my Pony/Poison because why not:

Pony: Simon
Poison: Rogue

There are a ton of fun characters this season but Simon's already a lot more entertaining than he was last season (also, eyecandy). I think him trying to get out George is gonna be like Charlie Brown and the football.

Rogue, 'nuff said.

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

Looten Plunder posted:

I rewound it to watch facial expressions.

Kind of like what the one celebrity said, "all about the drama." I'd guess production keeps her in the game as long as possible (like George) just because she's "good" for tv. And wtf is the story with her fur coat?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Looten Plunder posted:

She's definitely one of those people that need to make everything about themselves.

"I'm actually more African American than you, you need to understand that... Because I'm from Africa..." :lol:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Looten Plunder posted:

Surely it's as simple as just saying whatever you were saying before you went to tribal. It's a moronic decision.

Still episode 1 discussion. A lot of the tribe seemed to be on board for George to be the likely 1st tribal target, but he was not an option. The rest of the tribe was unanimous on voting out George's #1 ally, So seems like a good strategic decision to go ahead with the vote. Even with not knowing for sure if George was going to return.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Still episode 1 discussion. A lot of the tribe seemed to be on board for George to be the likely 1st tribal target, but he was not an option. The rest of the tribe was unanimous on voting out George's #1 ally, So seems like a good strategic decision to go ahead with the vote. Even with not knowing for sure if George was going to return.

It's episode 1 of a 24 contestant season. How solid even are these allies and does crippling individuals really matter at this point?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

She's definitely one of those people that need to make everything about themselves.

"I'm actually more African American than you, you need to understand that... Because I'm from Africa..." :lol:
She shouldn't have said it but I howled.

Ep 1 and 2 challenges:
That mud puddle seemed to be a death trap. I was thrilled by the return of the stick wall you must break through.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Looten Plunder posted:

It's episode 1 of a 24 contestant season. How solid even are these allies and does crippling individuals really matter at this point?

Taking out someone like Stevies #1 ally in the first tribal. Sure not really that important of a factor. But taking out one of George's #1 allies is probably a solid game plan. George also actively took his #1 ally to the final 5 in Brains Vs Brawn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Also for the episode 3 spoilers...

I am really curious what the not idol that Simon found in the cookie jar actually is. Also pretty comical that the editors put a crossed out idol next to his name while he was talking about finding an idol that didn't come with a necklace. Also kind of comical that the villains seem to keep talking themselves out of the game during tribal.