Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

18:

Not really too much to say about the episode. Simon winning a new car and Nina winning immunity were pretty fun moments.

Haylee flipping the vote to Shawn but Nina taking all the blame should be interesting. It was also a weird episode to watch for me because I saw an incorrect spoiler on Wikipedia last night that said someone else was going home. Not going to put that name because it's possible it was a spoiler for a future episode, I try not to dig into the spoilery places when watching Survivor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Yup, be wary of spoilers. They're out there and have so far been accurate-ish

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
I haven’t seen any spoilers but at this point I’m pretty unsure who will win.
I have to believe George is on his way out. From a player perspective his game is unmatched and he’s getting wildly arrogant.

Hayley seems like a possible win
Nina could pull it off

Gerry and Matt could possibly win against Simon or Liz depending on their social game

I don’t think Liz has a chance. 100% brought along by George and Shonee.

Lol Simon

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

18 I really thought that Matt vote would come off and am kind of surprised it didn't. I wonder who shut it down. Nina's confessional certainly sounds like she wasn't that into working with Simon. If Nina had done it, it would've been kind of dumb to bring all that attention on her just to boot Shaun instead of Simon, but given that it was Hayley and people don't think it was Hayley, I could see it working a little better.

George has a super locked 3 (with Gerry and Matt now) at 7, so they absolutely have to strike against his crew at the next vote. I think it will come down to Liz. I don't think Nina, Hayley, or Simon will hesitate to actually take out George (or one of his allies, which I think would be smarter for Hayley).

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I can't see any of the Heroes winning bar Hayley, so it really feels like it's building up to a Villain win. Then again, George and Simon both have visible holes in their games and Liz... is fun, but isn't actually doing a lot. She's got one vote locked in at least.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

ApplesandOranges posted:

I can't see any of the Heroes winning bar Hayley, so it really feels like it's building up to a Villain win. Then again, George and Simon both have visible holes in their games and Liz... is fun, but isn't actually doing a lot. She's got one vote locked in at least.

Just winner speculation: I can see Nina having a path to win. Especially if she's up against Simon or Liz. Against those 2 I think Nina would have 3 votes locked in with Flick, Sam, and Shaun. I think George has a guaranteed win if somehow he makes it to the final 2/3. But that seems pretty unlikely unless the last immunity is a puzzle or something.

It is a bit interesting the final 7 consists of 3 Brain Vs Brawn players, 3 newbies, and then Nina from BvW

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

AU Survivor s08 brains vs. brawn misc. thoughts after binging the season

-My favourite won :o yuss! I think it was episode... 4 or 5 I locked onto her. I just liked the way she played and how sensitive she was to the dynamics. a little hypervigilant, a little scrappy, and she pulled it off! i think its the v. first time an early top pick of mine actually wins.
-I absolutely saw George coming second or third place a mile away. His whole play was almost a textbook technique for how to lock in a secondary place.
-saying that, my god did that cockroach keep alive. He really walked so close to the edge and i admire how much of his plays were close saves. that's the good poo poo.
-the challenges were good, solid, nothing too special but i love that final challenge. Jesus christ, it almost turned into another show. And flick's arc was just so incredible.
-cry count: twice for flick, once for wai chim. when george helps her on the upside down challenge. my god that got me.
-but flick, jeepers! lots of tears for her. I feel she was incredible, definitely worthy of final 3. That last challenge, I could barely watch. "I... I need help. Ineedhelp." She was so strong.
-Hayley striking the most insane Luigi poses in the final challenge because she's a loving pain expert. It was very poetic, the imagery was quite striking. Her and Flick in an endurance challenge was an incredible ending to the challenges.
-The sunset sky at the last challenge, the long shots of trees, the sudden bird flurry shot, lots of good b-reel footage in survivor au s08.
-the cast was all quite likeable imho! I was really really hoping that george's lacky wouldn't make it to final 2/3 and thank goodness she didn't. I feel emmet should have been fifth, however, he was good too.
-47 frigging days. long episode, lots of incidental camp footage, a few twists but nothing that breaks the expectations of players unlike recent usa seasons, jesus jeff get it together, fire tokens i mean. au>usa.
-george is a psychopath i don't care what anybody says. the way he would talk was so... literal and explicit and it was almost like he refused to acknowledge nuisance on purpose. robot man.
-love the food rewards, love the balance of it all. it was just an incredibly balanced and well made solid season. you can tell it was designed by nerds who knew throwing twists and gadgets at it is just feature creep and not the soul of the show. hell yeah.
-ahh flick! now i'm thinking of her again! she did so well :/

on to s09 blood v. water!

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

whelp, just finished heroes v. villians e7 holy poo poo that tribal. it was near perfect 4D chess by george. just so many moves ahead
-drip feeding the girls info/direction in perfect tempo
-dropping the bomb that simon's friend betrayed him at the v. perfect moment
-revealing his idol when stevie went to cast his vote so stevie would waste his vote
-absolutely destroying simon's game and social connections in one tribal
-getting the 2 girls in his pocket, and getting stevie into theirs so the loyalty is dispersed but absolutely all runs up to him
-i honestly thought simon was going to cry at some point. george badgered him so so so hard. when i play blood on the clocktower irl we literally have a safe word for this sort of intensity. but geroge just had to go badgering huh. badger badger badger badger badger badger mushroom mushroom

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Very beginning ep 19 spoiler (maybe also was at the end of 18).

George, "My instinct of the game is spot on." Hayley, who was the one who flipped the vote, "It sure is."

Letting George's ego run wild.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

And the fuller 19 spoiler. Always strange when an episode of Survivor starts out with a target, and the person remains the target until they get blindsided out.

Also interesting to know that George and Hayley are close friends outside of the game after Brains Vs. Brawn and adds a lot to the early game with George telling Hayley where the idol was and asking if he should trust Gerry.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

quote:

I can’t imagine it happening but my dream outcome for this season would be Nina (Sandra’s daughter) hanging around as the last person targeted in her alliance, and beating George and Shonee (this games Russell and Parvati) at FTC.

I got the identity of Parvati wrong but this has been upgraded from pipe dream to the actual outcome I’m expecting, hell yeah :peanut:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Looks like it's down to 2 episodes a week now until the final.

Ep 20 spoiler. Pretty crazy final 6 with them taking time to edit in all the possible plans being floated around, truly had no idea what was going to happen with the vote. The weird isolation twist is the non elimination they needed to get to a final 2. If they want a final 3, they'd still likely need another non-elimination episode. Possible, but seems unlikely at this point.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Also not an episode specific spoiler, but maybe someone wouldn't want to read it.

Compared to US Survivor, it's absolutely crazy to see how good the gameplay has been in the final 8 without their being any idols or advantages in the game since Shonee got voted out with one.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

up to s10e19 spoiler i cannot. these fools are so frustrating to watch. "hey lets take down king george! yes lets!" cue: fail. like, you had two idols a couple eps back, and correct and pure intel on who george's alliance was voting, how are you so so bad at this.

i honestly think george is good at this game. but i will also say that everybody else is really really atrocious this season. at a certain point you have to realise you do not have the capability to take george down unless you think five more moves ahead. and not even five more moves ahead overall, just for the tribal council when you are blindsiding him. have two contingencies, have a false plan and a real plan, do not tell your whole alliance the whole truth there will 100% be leaks, keep george away from your conversations at camp, burn the turncoats jesus christ.

i mean, you literally have his alliance scrambling over each other to turn on each other for him and prove their alliance. at a certain point it starts to feel not like a fun game and more like a narcissus psychopath manipulating people with poor self esteem and poor self efficacy. my current favourite is Simon of all people just because he's like the beaten down underdog who has absolutely been mind broken by george. i actually can't handle this aye, its like been 19 hour long episodes of george just pissing on everybody and everybody loving it.

honestly at this point nobody deserves to win by george because they all suck and must have some self hating going on to be so into this situation. at ANY time the rest of them could come together and vote out george but they won't because they are idiots. what's funny is that because george has dominated the game so much they all actually have very comparable resumes and so when they keep spouting off "we get rid of george and its an open playing field" they aren't actually wrong! but like the self selected peasants they are, they worship their cult leader.

honestly, i wish time travel existed solely and utterly so we could send these episodes back in time for the cast to watch just before they start filming production. "look at this people, look what gollums you have become. is this what you want? to be swamp frogs who cower at george and kiss his feet? how's that for your ambitions in the game? Anyway, you better get onto the boat, i think australian jeff has printed out some rap lyrics to motivate you. ohh look, here he goes!" *Australian Jeff hands out the print outs* "Survivor's ready? Let's sing! What'd you know about rolling down in the deep-"

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Lampsacus posted:

up to s10e19 spoiler i cannot. these fools are so frustrating to watch. "hey lets take down king george! yes lets!" cue: fail. like, you had two idols a couple eps back, and correct and pure intel on who george's alliance was voting, how are you so so bad at this.

i honestly think george is good at this game. but i will also say that everybody else is really really atrocious this season. at a certain point you have to realise you do not have the capability to take george down unless you think five more moves ahead. and not even five more moves ahead overall, just for the tribal council when you are blindsiding him. have two contingencies, have a false plan and a real plan, do not tell your whole alliance the whole truth there will 100% be leaks, keep george away from your conversations at camp, burn the turncoats jesus christ.

i mean, you literally have his alliance scrambling over each other to turn on each other for him and prove their alliance. at a certain point it starts to feel not like a fun game and more like a narcissus psychopath manipulating people with poor self esteem and poor self efficacy. my current favourite is Simon of all people just because he's like the beaten down underdog who has absolutely been mind broken by george. i actually can't handle this aye, its like been 19 hour long episodes of george just pissing on everybody and everybody loving it.

honestly at this point nobody deserves to win by george because they all suck and must have some self hating going on to be so into this situation. at ANY time the rest of them could come together and vote out george but they won't because they are idiots. what's funny is that because george has dominated the game so much they all actually have very comparable resumes and so when they keep spouting off "we get rid of george and its an open playing field" they aren't actually wrong! but like the self selected peasants they are, they worship their cult leader.

honestly, i wish time travel existed solely and utterly so we could send these episodes back in time for the cast to watch just before they start filming production. "look at this people, look what gollums you have become. is this what you want? to be swamp frogs who cower at george and kiss his feet? how's that for your ambitions in the game? Anyway, you better get onto the boat, i think australian jeff has printed out some rap lyrics to motivate you. ohh look, here he goes!" *Australian Jeff hands out the print outs* "Survivor's ready? Let's sing! What'd you know about rolling down in the deep-"

wow, I've been absolutely loving this season and think it's possibly the best Survivor season of all time. Disagreement on Simon maybe, he's been the one person not mind broken by George who is willing to bang on the table and be like LOOK AT GEORGE. VOTE GEORGE!! where most other people are misted. Except... Hayley who also was against George, got voted out. Shonee who was preparing a move on George, got voted out. Like really I feel like George is just super good at identifying those looking to move against them and taking them out first (and sometimes lucky with it too). But if this is a f2, George still has to survive pretty many TCs, and he's not an immunity threat, so honestly, i think the odds are really stacked against him and you'll get to see him go out. If he somehow made it to a f2 ending that would be so incredible wouldn't you have to respect it at that point?

e20 I feel like Liz might be the only one left in George's camp after this last vote, and George voted out Shonee, so even that's wobbly! He could be in big trouble. I wonder if he screwed up by not always looping Matt (although Matt did never reveal the $60k) and Gerry into everything he did, keeping votes off them, etc. We'll see though, he might have at least one more ep to go because if I understand right, the four players back at camp will never speak with the two voted out until TC, so he could just get them lined up to finish the job on Nina. Then it'll be the F5 vote when he's really in trouble. He could possibly keep Simon ahead of him in the boot order but Simon is going to be winning a lot of immunities and they really should've left their votes on him instead of swapping to Nina.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Mar 14, 2023

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Lampsacus posted:

(Minot Ep 20 storyliine spoiler, but mostly just overall. There's a lot of similarities with the way George is playing this season and Boston Rob from RI. He's paired up the other Survivors and made very public strikes against the people that have made moves against him. And even though he's making big moves, he's handling relationships in a way that his alliance feels they are more than just pawns.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
Ep20 if not for this twist, George easily walks away with the win. He will probably still win, but if not, please give the money to the big likeable idiot Simon. He’s the only one who has recognized the situation and done something

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

Fast Luck posted:

e20 if I understand right, the four players back at camp will never speak with the two voted out until TC, .
e21 preview Nina and Gerry are shown talking to a (looks male) figure in a green rainjacket. Nina saying "Everything George is telling you is a lie". Maybe it is a producer, maybe host. But they've been very good at keeping production out of shots, so I wonder.

e20
This episode had me genuinely feeling sorry for Matt. I think deep down knew his status but when Simon took his shot in front of the group I think it hit him hard. I love his idea of sitting next to Gerry in the f2, but that's never going to happen. Gerry seems like a lovely person but he's wallpaper as far as this show goes.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

nexous posted:

Ep20 if not for this twist, George easily walks away with the win. He will probably still win, but if not, please give the money to the big likeable idiot Simon. He’s the only one who has recognized the situation and done something

This twist should completely destroys George's game. He has separate final 3 deals with Gerry and Nina, but now they are going to spend 24 hours together. And Gerry has already flipped on the heroes after finding out he was disposable to them...

If it's a final 2 and the final challenge is endurance, I could see Gerry / Matt being able to win it and get George out at final 3 though if they choose too.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

George is on Cameo. I just got him to do a message for my son

https://www.cameo.com/recipient/640...351800547276563

Now I’m worried he didn’t win if he is doing cameo for 28$ usd…

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I heard he quit his job after his first season and his career is literally just meet and greets, etc. Looks like the Aus prize is $500k AUD which converts to $330k USD. Idk, I guess if you win that but still have no other revenue streams then Cameo might make sense? Priced lower because he has literally nothing else to do all day.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Lampsacus posted:

up to s10e19 spoiler
I did want to touch back on this because I recently learned that this is actually a much more common opinion than I thought, so I wanted to explain a bit more how I see it differently. Including e20 in this.

My question here is that if there is this death march kind of slog to a George win, when did that start? Obviously I wouldn't include the premerge. George lost his two closest allies before the game even started, had to rebuild from there, and had his clashes with Simon and just way too many fireworks, like the e7 TC, for this to have been anything but an A+ top tier season at that point. We get to the swap, and although George is in a majority on his side, his group is still in the minority overall. We hit the merge, Flick defects and they look like they're in trouble until the Vigilantes are formed (absolutely hilarious that they stole Nina's tribe name for their alliance name, god tier stuff). At F10, George only survived by an absolute miracle as the dwindling hero side plays two idols. At F9, he takes out Shonee, one of his best allies, and even though we have tape of her saying she wanted to vote out George at 8, the very next vote, it still touched off tons of debate as people thought it might be too early, that George couldn't possible make it to the end with his primary alliance starting to break down so early. Then after this, he's got Hayley, one of the best Survivor players of all time, still working secretly against him in his blindspot. I really loved how they shined some light onto how they were close real life friends and how this took George so much by surprise. Shaun goes due to Hayley's machinations at 9 and then he takes out Hayley at 8. Going into that episode, I thought Hayley might be about to get the better of George. To me this is all still a very dynamic exciting season to this point! It's been a nonstop high wire act!

Then you get to 7, when it seems like Geoge has this strong 3 with Gerry and Matt, yet still inexplicably has Liz and now also Nina... Yes, it's a little bit ridiculous here, but even at this point you've got George engineering these 2-2-1-1 votes that I can barely keep up with. And what's more, we get this absolutely stunning Matt confessional, really one of the more touching ones I've seen where he hears Simon telling him he's a pawn and he believes it, that was an excellent confessional from one of the more undefined players to date. With Matt likely up to do something going forward, George reads it and reacts to switch from a split on Simon to all-in on Nina (in case Nina, Matt, and Simon are voting together). But now Nina has literally just been voted out, she's going to have Gerry to herself for an entire day, Matt was already looking like he was ready to go, Simon has been against George from the jump. It still seems like a high degree of difficulty to the finish! It does not really feel like Aus All-Stars here to me, and if George does make it through it's a testament to a brilliant game played.

There's also the fact that if this is a F2 (and schedule-wise, either it is, or we get another non-elim), Matt and Gerry have always had this very easy option available to them of beating George at the final immunity and cutting him at 3. I think that would be a bit of a disappointing ending to the season but they've been shown talking about it to each other on screen, so from their point of view, sticking with George makes a lot of sense even if players and fans call them pawns, and even if it's a F3, as long as they know that at 4 they can still cut him. George actually winning a needed immunity would be a big (but fun) shock. I feel like they're pretty eyes-open on this, even though Matt is flirting with a move. The real problem for any insurgency was they had to go at 7, and Hayley and Nina couldn't get on the same page after Hayley tried to let her take the fall for that Shaun vote. If Nina was onboard I wonder if she could've pulled Liz-- Liz is probably the person who needs to flip on George the most and who hasn't been showing the interest in doing so, even though he axed Shonee and we got a confessional of her promising revenge. Anyway, all this to say you don't appear to be alone in your view at all, but I haven't felt any of this fatigue. I've been loving it!

pumped up for school posted:

e21 preview Nina and Gerry are shown talking to a (looks male) figure in a green rainjacket. Nina saying "Everything George is telling you is a lie". Maybe it is a producer, maybe host. But they've been very good at keeping production out of shots, so I wonder.

e20
This episode had me genuinely feeling sorry for Matt. I think deep down knew his status but when Simon took his shot in front of the group I think it hit him hard. I love his idea of sitting next to Gerry in the f2, but that's never going to happen. Gerry seems like a lovely person but he's wallpaper as far as this show goes.
Agreeing on the Matt confessional like I said. When people get called pawns a lot of times they refuse to hear it, say well I'll vote you out and then we'll see who the pawn is. Matt copping a vote, being left out of a plan, being called a pawn, he's feeling it and even if it is in his interest to stick to George until just before the end, it's gotta be a really difficult feeling when George is going off script and leaving you out of things.

For the e21 preview, they did say players can bring them food, but I feel like if they're actually able to talk with the isolation players then that's... not properly isolating. I think getting a revote here at 6 without much chance for communication is setting George up to possibly get through what could be a tough spot but after this next TC I really don't know.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Mar 15, 2023

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Cameo stars usually start cheap and then ramp up as they gauge their popularity. A few years ago I got my Mom a TJ Lavin cameo and like 6 months later his rate was triple.

(Also, Cameo is rad. Best birthday gift I ever gave)

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
Ep21: dammit Gerry. If you voted George out after that speech you would have won

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

nexous posted:

Ep21: dammit Gerry. If you voted George out after that speech you would have won

Yea would have been quite an epic move, but really there's still time. Should be pretty interesting going forward with George / Liz & Matt / Gerry. Nina could definitely get herself in the middle for the final 5 vote and then who knows.

Maybe some winner speculation.

Think it's pretty obvious if George is at the end he's going to win, everyone seems to respect him playing a rock solid game.

I think the probable order of winners without George, in order would be Nina, Gerry, Matt and Liz.

Quite a few OG heroes on the jury and don't think Matt or Gerry would get their votes since they flipped on the hero alliance.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

e21 "Isolation" was less isolated than I expected. Matt seemed on the cusp of bolting last episode and now in 21 he's helping reel Gerry back in? I mean, Matt and Gerry sticking with George to 3 just makes sense for them, and Nina and Simon didn't really have a choice here, but what really is Liz thinking is the end game here? Matt/Gerry are a pair and probably want to ride George to f3 before punting him. I feel like Liz let her moment pass and now needs to hope George makes a move to split up Matt/Gerry. I guess if Matt loses next IC that's possible but it's probably more likely he'll want to finish off Nina, right?

Edited to add reactions after e22 Well I guess that’s exactly what Liz was hoping for and she just about got it. And she really did have a good argument, like if it’s a f2 as expected George seems toast at a f3 with Matt and Gerry? Perhaps Gerry would actually bring him to the 2 at the end, but Matt’s winning the f3 challenge right? After losing Simon and Nina here, suddenly edit-wide it’s hard to see George lose here... unless he's voted out and... Gerry? Idk, probably George but I’m still not quite seeing the path. Bringing Nina to the last vote to get taken out ahead of him had started seeming like a path. Maybe if Liz wins immunity next then he can vote out Matt guilt-free, and then he and Gerry can boot Liz at 3?

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Mar 21, 2023

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Ep 22. Certainly at the more sluggish part of the season with the longer episodes. But also really interesting as there's a pretty full discussion on the votes. But it does allow for some room to be unsure who would be voted out at final 5!

Compared with recent US Survivor seasons. It's quite refreshing to see such fun gameplay without any advantages or idols being put back in the game after Shonee left.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Yeah, we're getting into the grind here but I still really appreciate the editing over US Survivor. Like, something where Nina is talking to Gerry about flipping, Matt and George come and Matt tells Gerry it's okay, then they leave and Nina is like, "Did you notice how George had Matt say that to you and had Matt do the talking? That's some interesting game stuff, whereas US Survivor would be doing some advantage chaos. Jeez, I can't believe George brought Gerry back from that 24 hour Nina time revenge plotting and returned him to wanting to die for George.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Fast Luck posted:

Yeah, we're getting into the grind here but I still really appreciate the editing over US Survivor. Like, something where Nina is talking to Gerry about flipping, Matt and George come and Matt tells Gerry it's okay, then they leave and Nina is like, "Did you notice how George had Matt say that to you and had Matt do the talking? That's some interesting game stuff, whereas US Survivor would be doing some advantage chaos. Jeez, I can't believe George brought Gerry back from that 24 hour Nina time revenge plotting and returned him to wanting to die for George.

if there is one truth i've learned from all my 2am binges of survivor its this: folk love to give up autonomy to somebody who looks like they know what they are doing

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Fast Luck posted:

George is a true mastermind of Survivor. He's played an evolved version of Boston Rob's RI strategy with pairing his allies together so it's hard for one of them to flip. He's also gone the extra step of playing the social game in a very specific way where his allies actually believe they are contributing to the strategy. He's kept both Liz and Gerry on board after going behind their backs with voting off Shonee, and putting the split vote on Gerry.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

But did he make the emotional vote this past vote? How does he make it to the end in a F2? Matt isn't bringing him over Gerry and Matt is a big challenge threat. This is all I can see:

1) George wins F3 immunity. Shouldn't happen, shouldn't be planning on it happening.
2) Gerry wins F3 immunity and chooses him over Matt. I give this better odds than 1) tbh but it's a bit of a long shot.
3) Liz wins F4 immunity and they vote Matt this time, Liz doing so since Matt is a bigger challenge threat than George and wouldn't bring her to the end. Then at F3 we have slightly better odds of 1 and 2 above.

Seems unlike George to put himself in this position but maybe I'm missing something. Or maybe just voting out Matt there wasn't looking like as good of a move-- so far he's had so much success just in voting out the players most willing to play against him (Shonee, Hayley, Simon, Nina) and then controlling the others. It's interesting...

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
George or Gerry better win or it will be an unsatisfying end to a fuckin spectacular season

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

for me the highs of this season were so high that it rules no matter what. but only george is a satisfying winner at this point

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
removing a juror is an interesting twist, but it negates a big portion of the game and is kind of a big gently caress you to the jurors. I don’t think I’m a fan.

Conspiracy talk: did they do a final 3 so George can actually win? Feel like with a final 2 nobody would take George, and he’s not winning any challenges.

Brass
Oct 30, 2011

ep23 Does Gerry not know what a goat is? What's he talking about loyalty for? George has been talking out of both sides of his mouth. They've all been George's goats except maybe Liz until after Shonee went home. George has betrayed his core allies multiple times each. I love Australian Survivor, and this season has been great, but it's been the George show the whole way through. There have been times where the editing makes it seem like George could go home but he's never broken a sweat.

And poor Simon. He seemed completely clueless and flustered this whole season but it's been very entertaining.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_g8XviG-Wog

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Brass posted:

ep23 Does Gerry not know what a goat is? What's he talking about loyalty for? George has been talking out of both sides of his mouth. They've all been George's goats except maybe Liz until after Shonee went home. George has betrayed his core allies multiple times each. I love Australian Survivor, and this season has been great, but it's been the George show the whole way through. There have been times where the editing makes it seem like George could go home but he's never broken a sweat.

And poor Simon. He seemed completely clueless and flustered this whole season but it's been very entertaining.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_g8XviG-Wog

Ep23 George has just played an epic social game all the way through. Quite similar to Boston Rob from RI. He's controlled the game from start to finish, but did it in a way that everyone in his alliances feels like they are contributing members of the alliance. It's really weird, obviously George deserves to win, but I feel like the season might be better if Gerry, Matt, & Liz took him out at the final 4. Rode the kings coattails the whole season, but took him out at the end!

nexous posted:

removing a juror is an interesting twist, but it negates a big portion of the game and is kind of a big gently caress you to the jurors. I don’t think I’m a fan.

Conspiracy talk: did they do a final 3 so George can actually win? Feel like with a final 2 nobody would take George, and he’s not winning any challenges.

Still ep23 spoiler. Don't think they made the call on the fly to get George in the final 3. They did a different twist to get a final 3 in the previous season so likely it was the plan for the entire season as final 3s are generally more entertaining.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
Finale: Average ending to an incredible season. Liz killed it at Tribal. Matt’s only move was *considering maybe doing something once.* And Gerry blew it on not actually being social and “I am a winner gently caress you”

Sad for Shonee getting booted off and couldn’t see her bff win

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

nexous posted:

Finale: Sad for Shonee getting booted off and couldn’t see her bff win

This was gutting.

Shonee asked production if she could go to final tribal as one of of Liz’s loved ones but they said no.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

god survivor can be so good and it can be so bad.
good:
brain vs. brawn.
george vs. a viable opponent
bad:
george vs. goats
1 player being a manipulative cult leader to the point of dominating/controlling other players.
1 player dominating the air time because they've voted out all the other good players.

imho suvivor's worst element is the embedded insentive for players to vote out other players who are interesting to watch and play dynamically. static players are good to keep around for a geroge but bad for us viewerererers. if i could, i would change the world.[

i only saw up to e19 or something but i will say thank christ they got george out. still, poo poo end to an average season imho. and i loooved brain vs. brawn it was so good!

Lampsacus fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Mar 27, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Finale spoilers.

Happy that Liz one, she definitely killed the final tribal and a deserving winner after taking George out. I think if George had made it to the final 3 and won the season after just being the dominate player the whole season would have been kind of lovely, in one of the ways Redemption Island is lovely.

One of the better Survivor seasons the game has ever seen.