Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Fast Luck posted:

e12 I have no idea why Kirby and co alienated Kelli so hard by insisting on a Ray vote, acting like Kelli was dumb and talking down to her for not to wanting to cut her friend. I mean, I like Aileen, but why couldn't they just vote Aileen? They were going to do that last time. Why was it suddenly so important for it to be Ray? Once Kirby and pals have fully lost Kelli I do think it made sense for them to vote her out, but then they can't help but get into it with her again during TC, undermining their own idol flushing plan. I do think it's dangerous to keep bringing a player like Kelli along, but they just messed up a lot along the way.

I'm also not sure why Kelli never properly joined the other side, which would've given them the numbers. Shouldn't Raymond have been advocating for that? Only thing I can think of is that Alex is always voting Kelli if she's an option, keeping them from actually having the numbers... not sure. We very conspicuously never got anything from Raymond on what he thought of Kelli. Based on him randomly savaging Aileen in that one confessional, maybe he was trashing her and they didn't want to show that. He sure didn't seem to be looking too hard for the idol.

Anyway, bad play can be fun to watch, and somehow we have so many of the interesting characters making it through to merge. Very fun stuff.

Still e12. It is weird, but it seems Kirby's alliance floated Raymond and maybe Kellie just went full nuclear mode and sunk her game completely over it instead of doing anything strategic. At the little feast thing, she was just doing a tell all to Kitty. So I doubt even Faras or Aileen would have wanted to work with Kellie either (at least if Faras got that information after the feast).

I got a real kick out of Val just telling Kellie exactly how it is at tribal though, just no fucks given.

Also like the big reveal speech, "I'm a Psychologist"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

"I'm a Psychologist"

I was expecting laughter reaction to that.

Between Kelli and the recent Aus Traitors player who was a psychotherapist, I have let that sample of 2 bias me against down under mental health providers.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Episode 14. Sad to see Winna be the bystander to all the wars going on with the big players. I do find it interesting with Australian Survivor, they seem to target the pawns instead of going after the leaders of the alliances. But this season is pretty good since there's basically 4 kings / queens left in the game trying to outplay each other. Got Mark/Val vs Kitty/Caroline and Faras/Eileen vs Kirby/Ri. Which I guess goes for this whole season, the Titans and Rebel tribes have followed basically the same path thus far and have similar splits in their original tribes...

From last week so not really much of a spoiler. I got a real kick out of Jayden just holding the 2 guys in the water challenge and letting the other person just score the 3 goals uncontested.

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001
Episode 14. I don't know what is going on with Ri in regards to her relationship with Kitty and Caroline. How many times has she been completely betrayed by them? I wonder if she will learn the lesson this time.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Episode 15... Guess mentoring Jaden to start playing Survivor really backfired there... Eden didn't even vote for Winna in the previous tribal though so real :lol:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

e13-14-15: This season continues to absolutely bring it. Really good stuff.

Is that the first Aus Survivor quit? Credit to Kitty's superpower there of people throwing their games away for her. Scottie, who literally just met her??, follows the previous self-own of Rianna accidentally voting out her own ally because of irrational trust in Kitty and Caroline.

We got some fantastic voting bloc shenanigans going on in these eps, little clusters that we as viewers totally understand and can follow but with so much movement of those clusters taking place. Great job by Caroline and Kitty to pull in Faris's crew with a name they'd go for when their backs were against the wall. The plan itself was outrageous too: they controlled 8 votes but only put 6 on the target, with 5 coming back at Caroline, so they absolutely needed those 2 extra voters they were burning to throw away their votes or it wouldn't have worked. Absolutely audacious and somehow they pulled it off. I had to pause mid-TC to figure out how many players were in the game :lol: and realized how delicate a plan it was (that also was sure to alienate Rianna) but it worked flawlessly.

Except... next round obviously Eden's scheming backfired, although just barely, but I wonder from the Kitty/Caroline perspective if they botched it by agreeing to turn on Faris again. Will people ever stop turning on Faris???? Another great episode. It's absolutely UNHEARD OF to see such deep rivalries like between Mark-Mafia and Kirby-Faris both get mended for that crucial e15 tie vote. And Eden goes home after not being one of the names at all heading into TC in a great moment of poetic justice.

Couple other thoughts: I'm starting to get a good chuckle out of people saying Alex will do whatever to save himself and then walking up to him with a plan to which he agrees without hesitation, even if it's something he definitely isn't going to do, like play his idol for Kitty. Valeria is a total villain and I don't see her getting jury votes with a lot of the lines she's been dropping at tribals. This was not even the first time that Eden pitched a split and then had to adapt and pull it back later in the round... just wasn't quite enough to save the day this time.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Episode 15... Guess mentoring Jaden to start playing Survivor really backfired there... Eden didn't even vote for Winna in the previous tribal though so real :lol:
e15 I'm pretty sure he did. It was the 3 non-Mark Mafia pulling in the Feras 3 to get it done. Jaden was friends with Winna from before the game so I'm not surprised he took that moment to get some revenge after being content to coast on the fringes of the Titans alliance for so long.

Septimius
Aug 23, 2006

I saw the latest US episode, is it just me, or are Australians far less annoying? Maybe it's just a cultural difference, but I can't imagine spending time with half the US cast, whereas the Aussies are usually much more relatable Kel excluded

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

I've thought about that a bit and I think it comes down to what the editors choose to focus on. I'm hesitant to say it's cultural but it does feel like a difference in what they think the audiences want to see.
Aussies=banter
Americans=competition/winning

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Ive tried multiple times to get into Australian survivor and it's always just too much, I enjoy it more just hearing second hand how it's being more like how some want US survivor to be like again. Reckon there must be a middle ground, I don't want to spend that much time with anyone Australian or not, while the US approach is not enough of anyone and way too much of non-people poo poo I also glaze over.

Edit: whoops didn't even realize this was the AUS thread, just saw survivor and clicked.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I think I like this season more than last season and I really really liked last season. I think that all newbies + not having a presence as dominating as George has made it a ton harder to predict what's going to happen week-to-week.

e17: Oh my god that last tribal was insane. I think it's interesting how, once again, there's a parallel between the OG Titans and OG Rebels, where Kitty abandons Carolyn to join Kirby, only to be countered by Raymond randomly deciding to join Mark. I'm giddy with anticipation of the fallout from that last tribal.

Raymond has been one of my favorite characters this season despite having almost 0 confessionals until the auction, I'm glad he's finally doing things even if I have a bad feeling he's going to crash and burn as a result of this move.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Raymond represents the terminally online and for that, I am grateful. Ponderosa, sorry-- jury villa, is rad. I like how they clearly get given or encouraged to do little missions for content. There is something fun and cool about them losing their minds over snacks too - I always have my eye on those malteezers.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Murmur Twin posted:

I think I like this season more than last season and I really really liked last season. I think that all newbies + not having a presence as dominating as George has made it a ton harder to predict what's going to happen week-to-week.

e17: Oh my god that last tribal was insane. I think it's interesting how, once again, there's a parallel between the OG Titans and OG Rebels, where Kitty abandons Carolyn to join Kirby, only to be countered by Raymond randomly deciding to join Mark. I'm giddy with anticipation of the fallout from that last tribal.

Raymond has been one of my favorite characters this season despite having almost 0 confessionals until the auction, I'm glad he's finally doing things even if I have a bad feeling he's going to crash and burn as a result of this move.

It has been a great season so far and I'd be pretty okay with at least half of the remaining castaways winning the game at this point. Also JLP taking a bite out of the pizza and getting the beer during the auction is pretty funny.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

e18 I can’t believe the cast didn’t react more angrily to that fake quit. I understand why Raymond played it that way given how the advantage worked, I thought it was so below the belt that even if it worked, it wouldn’t, because he’d be burning every jury vote. My thought was the “right” way to play it would be to get the other side to target Ray and then his own allies vote him too. No one will ever trust a quit again. Closest comp I can think of is Mike Holloway at the auction.

e17 Huge fumble by Feras imo to get blindsided right along with Alex and then still completely lose him as an ally right after. First time one of these voting out someone’s ally to pull them in closer moves has worked and boy did it work. Unbelievable how in love with Kirby some of these players are.

As for the Jaden vote, I’m really thinking about the seating arrangement at TC. Raymond was right between Mark and Alex at tribal to get pulled, but Rihanna was off between Alex and Valeria and thus wasn’t able to pick up the new vote successfully. I wonder if they’re not allowed to get up from their seats in Aussie Survivor and I’m surprised we didn’t get any discussion of the mixup at the start of 18. I also noticed the TC that Feras “read them like a book” and caught on to the Titans reuniting, they’d been sat all by original tribes at TC. A bit of a hint, no?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

e18 Really can't believe Raymond pulled that off, even though the cast seemed cool with it at the tribal, I can't imagine that going over to well in the long term. Really doubt Raymond has any shot at all at winning if someone takes him to the end after that move.

Was a very Johnny Fairplay type move. Raymond went from a Hero to a certified Villain if they ever bring the HvV theme back.

I was lowkey hoping he'd switch his vote to Kirby or Faras and really gently caress everything up.

Fast Luck posted:

e17

As for the Jaden vote, I’m really thinking about the seating arrangement at TC. Raymond was right between Mark and Alex at tribal to get pulled, but Rihanna was off between Alex and Valeria and thus wasn’t able to pick up the new vote successfully. I wonder if they’re not allowed to get up from their seats in Aussie Survivor and I’m surprised we didn’t get any discussion of the mixup at the start of 18. I also noticed the TC that Feras “read them like a book” and caught on to the Titans reuniting, they’d been sat all by original tribes at TC. A bit of a hint, no?

I am curious how they setup the seating at Tribal Councils on Australian Survivor as there does seem to generally be some alliances sitting together, but it could also just be a numbers style bias. Trying to find a pattern where there is no pattern. Past seasons they did let the Survivors get up on Australian Survivor. Not sure if they asked the players not to this season, or if maybe the cast just hasn't thought of getting up and chatting.

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

Gotta say, I'm really enjoying Australian Survivor: Villains vs Villains. Probably my favorite season to date.

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

Looks like the YouTube account showing these got nuked last night. Which sucks for me, as I can't even see it in-history to see what episode I'd been up to (16 or 17, I think).

Tried to do a 10play account, but they don't like my VPN (Mullvad). Back to the murk, I guess.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

there's subreddits that post the episodes like this one for example:
https://www.reddit.com/r/DownUnderTV/

Someone posts the official network episode link to start the thread and then commenters post a hashtag you can go try decoding :angel:

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

Cheers. Before this season of youtube watching I was seeing magnets take weeks to upload this season. Whereas last few seasons was usually day-of.

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

pumped up for school posted:

Looks like the YouTube account showing these got nuked last night. Which sucks for me, as I can't even see it in-history to see what episode I'd been up to (16 or 17, I think).

The channel got deleted while we were half way through the newest episode last night. The screen went black on our tv, which is not a typical Youtube thing, and then the channel was gone. Really weird timing

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

pumped up for school posted:

Tried to do a 10play account, but they don't like my VPN (Mullvad). Back to the murk, I guess.

That sucks. 10play has still been working with NordVPN. Although it wasn't working with Ublock Origin last week, this week is fine. For weeks it's not working there are torrent sites that usually get the new episode up quick. Although pretty sure I'd get in trouble listing the ones I use.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

that youtube channel had a really good run.

man all regional spin-off reality shows should just be on dailymotion like The Genius was (is?). i just like the idea of old not-youtubes still being a bastion of pirated shows because nobody cares about them.
whelp, until then - its hash city!

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

e19 i wonder if that went down the way it was presented: the Kirby boot was set and alex blew it up spectacularly, eliminating himself in the process.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Fast Luck posted:

e19 i wonder if that went down the way it was presented: the Kirby boot was set and alex blew it up spectacularly, eliminating himself in the process.

e19 I kind of think that the vote was probably pretty locked in against Alex there, can't see anyone really wanting to work with Alex. Pretty sure the women were just set on voting out Alex at that point. It's pretty bad when the people you take on reward are talking about voting you out, while still at the reward.

e21... Guess I should watch the new episode before posting something like this since they put an idol in play... Australian Survivor is just clowning on US Survivor at this point though for the cast and gameplay. Only advantage post merge was Raymond's and they seem to not be putting the idols back in play. So you just have the Survivors relying on their alliances and relationships to get to the end of the game.

SLICK GOKU BABY fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Mar 13, 2024

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

e19 in the voting confessionals at the end of the episode Caroline indicates she was voting kirby initially. And Mark’s says he’s pretty sure it was on and Alex stuffed it but he’ll vote Kirby anyway. Not sure about Feras (he just says “Kirby is next”) but Feras made a comment during tribal saying “maybe we were all doing that and you’re ruining it.” The only reason I’m doubting it is because it would be so unprecedented. Usually the episode is building false suspense and the player is lashing out because they know they’re going home. But in this case… maybe he really did blow it?? If so that’s another incredible ep lol

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Mar 13, 2024

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

Just a general comment, not a spoiler or episode -specific: Feris has THE best face for television. So much expression, and the crew filming tight on him is awesome, as are the snap edits of his reactions.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

e21 Crazy how much the edit effectively poo poo on Caroline by showing her big plan to get a score on her resume that was a complete bust. It's also funny since her plan was to blindside Feras, but if Kirby/Feras/Raymond had voted for Mark, I can't imagine Feras not playing his idol himself.

I can't imagine Kirby or Feras actually taking each other to final 3, but that would be an amazing pair to be at final 3. They were enemies and allies and both took shots at each other during the game.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

two thirds through e21 and feel like I need to say somewhere this plan from Caroline doesn't add up! If you convince everyone to vote Mark and then play an idol on Mark, Feras's idol will come out. He won't go home. If you want to take out a player who's got an idol you need to blindside them and pulling out your own idol will definitely set them off. Once Caroline puts an idol on Mark, then Feras knows Caroline didn't vote Mark, of course didn't vote Kitty, couldn't vote Kirby since she's immune, so it's guaranteed on him or Raymond. He plays his idol on himself, and then Kitty is gone, and Caroline has idoled out her own best friend??

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

still 21 oooooof. That went even worse than i was thinking earlier. Brutal from Caroline to lose her own closest ally while playing an idol for someone that nobody was voting for.

At this stage it'd be smart for Raymond, Caroline, and Mark to team up. With Rianna and Alex both out, Kirby actually could win some more immunities although Feras or others can too since it's more open. It sounds like Feras and Kirby really do want to go to the end together which is remarkable, don't see it actually going that way but still

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

All right so we're basically looking at three different possible finals, right?

1. Mark, Caroline and Raymond gently caress around, Kirby and Feras both get to the end and we get a slugfest for jury votes, where I'd give the edge to Kirby, since she had longer periods of control and greater perceived loyalty to her allies.
2. Due to immunities or incompetence, one of Kirby or Feras makes the final and cleans up without too much trouble.
3. Feras and Kirby are the next two out, in which case I'd guess Mark takes it? This whole merge, Caroline's had 'FTC loser' stink all over her. I've been getting major Sharn vibes. I suppose Raymond could maybe get Rebel loyalty votes but if that's the case then the edit they've given him is straight up insane.

#3 is maybe complicated by a non-elim? Do we have three whole episodes left or only two?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

3 episodes left i think. Maybe a juror removal twist?

I agree with your three possibilities. And between idols and immunity necklaces I think it's pretty likely at least one of Feras or Kirby sneaks into the end. Like, Feras should be immune at 5 with the idol and he's the favorite at 4 to win immunity too I feel like, even if Raymond did turn on him...they really let him skate for too long. A proper Feras blindside at 6 would've been great for Caroline, too bad she didn't have the votes and her plan wasn't any good! I thought Caroline was playing a really strong game until just recently but now I feel like she's squarely in the "can't win" bucket. How good was it when Feras went to her with a bluff on Kirby's women's alliance, blew that up, and then Kirby went to her and clocked her pitch raising in her voice?

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

Fast Luck posted:

I agree with your three possibilities. And between idols and immunity necklaces I think it's pretty likely at least one of Feras or Kirby sneaks into the end. Like, Feras should be immune at 5 with the idol and he's the favorite at 4 to win immunity too I feel like, even if Raymond did turn on him...they really let him skate for too long. A proper Feras blindside at 6 would've been great for Caroline, too bad she didn't have the votes and her plan wasn't any good! I thought Caroline was playing a really strong game until just recently but now I feel like she's squarely in the "can't win" bucket. How good was it when Feras went to her with a bluff on Kirby's women's alliance, blew that up, and then Kirby went to her and clocked her pitch raising in her voice?

Lol Feras has had an idol so long I actually forgot about it.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Fast Luck posted:

Not really a guarantee with Australian Survivor it will be a final 3. Although the last 2 seasons have been final 3s with the previous having the juror removal twist, so I assume it's likely the format this season.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

The fact that they were talking about Raymond making fire makes me think they’re going to steal that twist from US Survivor, which I hope isn’t the case.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Honestly think it’s more likely they go back to the f2 format than they go f4 firemaking. No other series has ever gone for that, I think it’s a Jeff special

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

This season has to be one of the best global seasons, right?

I could see the producers switching to a f3 if only one of Feras or Kirby is left at f4. They must know not having at least one of them at final tribal would be a bit of a downer.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Dugong posted:

This season has to be one of the best global seasons, right?

I could see the producers switching to a f3 if only one of Feras or Kirby is left at f4. They must know not having at least one of them at final tribal would be a bit of a downer.

It's up there with the other good seasons of Australian Survivor, which has been the best version of Survivor anywhere, including US Survivor. They have the better challenges, and let the cast actually shine and play Survivor. Limited advantages outside of idols.

Not sure if this season is above their All Stars or Heroes Vs Villains seasons.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

e22: Funny way to do a fake idol, just have someone in your alliance "find" a fake idol to discourage the others from looking for a real idol...

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

e23: Welp, I was half-right. I knew that Raymond had no chance from the edit but I still really enjoyed him as a character.

I'm looking forward to the finale, I'm rooting for Feras but strongly suspect that voting out Kirby at 5 is going to sink him.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Survivor AU's All Star season is a strange one. It has by far their best cast but the imbalanced editing means that quite a few folks who were stars of their seasons are relegated to background noise (AK!!!). And there's not a ton of interesting strategy either, except for a few players livening up the place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt Jon Kavanaugh
Feb 8, 2012
e23: Loved Feras not getting a vote, I'm guessing Mark and Caroline knew it was going to fire so opted to vote Ray for that reason. If Feras wins the final challenge he's gonna be a lock if he loses we are in for the most disappointing finale in Aus Survivor history. Also very happy we're getting the return of final 2, I hate final 3.