Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kata-Haro
Oct 21, 2010

DelilahFlowers posted:

Just what I've seen today. This is a video by Rimmydownunder where he set up a whole mission in Arma 3 and brought a bunch of vtubers to join in on the fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wzX05rKksY

nobody you will probably recognize, lotsa indies. It was great fun watching this vid. Might see if I can find some other fun clips from the vtubers perspective.

Yeah I watched this whole thing live, it was fantastic.

Felt real bad for, Lumi? I think her name was. The moth lady. Had to learn the hard way how to be combat medic while chaos was unfolding around her. She was so stressed out the whole time.

Kata-Haro fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Aug 23, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Dan Olson was a Vtuber but left the life behind.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Julias posted:

I wish people would stop being mad about Fluffdaddy. He might not fully "get" V-Tubers, but he doesn't have any personal grudges against you all, and he isn't beholden to anything QCS tells him to do. He's trying to help make this thread and SA a more welcoming environment for people, and I feel bad that people are taking all of this as "just concern trolling". Yes, there are people who are posting about this, mad because they just hate all anime or want some good lulz so they pick on an easy target, but there are genuine concerns from a lot of posters, not just those that you see in QCS, and wanting to implement stricter rules was my idea, because I think it will lead to a healthier thread environment overall.

I mean I don't horny post so rules about that are good! ...but when the qcs thread is calling literally everyone in the thread a pedophile it's like, cool. There's no possible unhorny thread rules that will satisfy them because the entire idea, to them, is unacceptable. and you know, being called a pedo is loving insulting

so when you have admins who by their own admission aren't and don't want to be involved 3-day probing that guy for a) posting you know an actual tweet from the actual tuber and b) was a joke in response to the drive-by threadshitters and just taking cues from the people who are lying, misrepresenting or again, calling everyone loving pedophiles, it's like ok. w/e

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday
IMO we should go back to 2010 ADTRW where you had to actively pretend to hate anime in order to discuss it.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

I think the craziest thing is how nobody is talking about the new HoloEN Vtuber that was literally just announced.

https://twitter.com/omegaalpha_en/status/1429625323541303299?s=20

https://twitter.com/omegaalpha_en/status/1429626261610008577?s=20

https://twitter.com/fuzichoco/status/1429627441975230466?s=20

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

gnome7 posted:

I'm mostly bothered by how the crux of Fluff's

I said I was going to leave, but I want to respond to this in particular.

If I wanted this thread gone, I would gas it and ban everyone who has ever posted in it before. I just said, hey stop the horny posting and gave a few probes for horny posting.

My intent is spelled out fairly clearly in this thread. You don't have to speculate. I am just asking to those who want to hornypost to stop. That's it.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

I think the craziest thing is how nobody is talking about the new HoloEN Vtuber that was literally just announced.

They just dropped a teaser video too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLAcgHX160k

Kata-Haro
Oct 21, 2010

I didn't realize omega was already active. drat imagine having to keep your existence under wraps this whole time.

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back

Roth posted:

What about Strongbad?

Personally, I think the thing that distinguishes Vtubers from previous instances of people acting out animated characters is the tracking tech. It's a big part of what allows it to be live entertainment rather than pre-recorded videos, because the digital puppeteering can be done on the fly in real-time even when the actor's hands are occupied with something else (like a game controller).

That isn't to say that all Vtubing has to be live, there's plenty of Vtubers who do LPs and other pre-recorded content. But being able to catch live reactions, vs having to plan and script out movements to go with your content after the fact, is a definitive difference IMO.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

gnome7 posted:

I'm mostly bothered by how the crux of Fluff's (and all that QCS thread's) point is NOT just, "ban the horny." No no no! Their point has been "the whole thread should be banned, because none of them are free of sin." We're all getting lumped in with Dongicus, who is universally despised in this thread and is ALREADY threadbanned and constantly being probated for breaking the threadban/being horny.

you understand dongicus was not actually coming in here and being earnestly horny, right, like on top of fluff also not being in that other thread going 'yeah! and i'll burn them all down!'

misrepresentation from here is just as shithead a move as misrepresentation from qcs, albeit with different stakes

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Mokinokaro posted:

I can't remember the name (and they're still around) but I wouldn't link or namedrop them anyways because their writer is a terrible person.

If this is about Extra Credits from looking it up their writer with the abuse allegations has been gone for over a year.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Kata-Haro posted:

Yeah I watched this whole thing live, it was fantastic.

Felt real bad for, Lumi? I think her name was. The moth lady. Had to learn the hard way how to be combat medic while chaos was unfolding around her.

Yeah that was a lot of fun. I only recognized Takahata from the group.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
I just want funny clips to laugh at and good music to vibe to

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Fluffdaddy posted:

If I wanted this thread gone, I would gas it and ban everyone who has ever posted in it before. I just said, hey stop the horny posting and gave a few probes for horny posting.

My intent is spelled out fairly clearly in this thread. You don't have to speculate. I am just asking to those who want to hornypost to stop. That's it.

It isn't speculation, it's paraphrasing. And yes I guess it wasn't specifically you calling for that, just the 10 people you were chatting with in QCS. Sorry to lump you in with them unnecessarily! It's almost like that hurts or something! WEIRD

Patware posted:

you understand dongicus was not actually coming in here and being earnestly horny, right, like on top of fluff also not being in that other thread going 'yeah! and i'll burn them all down!'

misrepresentation from here is just as shithead a move as misrepresentation from qcs, albeit with different stakes

Ironic shitposting is still lovely posting. I know he was ~trying~ to imply that all of our posts were like his. But fact is, they aren't, and we already regularly get rid of that poo poo.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Kata-Haro posted:

I didn't realize omega was already active. drat imagine having to keep your existence under wraps this whole time.

Cover did a great job of keeping this all under wraps. I'm impressed. I was NOT expecting an extra member, but the weird lack of connection between IrYs and the Council, in retrospect, does imply something else is going on, on a meta level.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
https://twitter.com/moricalliope/status/1429621111440830467

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

RubberLuffy posted:

well the QCS thread is closed and a blood price has been paid so probably everything'll just kind of reset after everyone goes to sleep and wakes up

for a week

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

The clack of a light autocannon going off is just how you know everything's alright.

Fluffdaddy posted:

If I wanted this thread gone, I would gas it and ban everyone who has ever posted in it before.

This is hostile. Stop it.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
I saw someone post that OmegaAlpha was the producer for Irys's debut song, so that's interesting.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

RubberLuffy posted:

the "I just want to grill for God's sake!" image but with anime hair

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

gnome7 posted:

we already regularly get rid of that poo poo.

we really weren't. for a really long time.

motoh posted:

This is hostile. Stop it.

no it's a loving explicit example of what it would actually look like if he was being hostile so as to illustrate the difference

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

The clack of a light autocannon going off is just how you know everything's alright.
And it was completely unnecessary to say.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I agree with everything Fluffdaddy mentioned. Like, it's not a hard rule to follow: "Don't make horny/thirsty posts" seems like a fairly easy thing to do. Along with the other stuff (like trying to find personal info/doxxing material about the V-tubers) from the rules, seems like a no-brainer, tbh.

Also holy poo poo, this thread can move hella fast.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

RubberLuffy posted:

I saw someone post that OmegaAlpha was the producer for Irys's debut song, so that's interesting.

They might be the equivalent of A-Chan. They're twitter profile say they're from Hololive Productions.

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back

i'm all tapped out on watching lore trailers today, lemme know when there's a debut date

the Gen2 teasing lore stuff wasn't that interesting in the first place, but after watching hours of debuts, each with the same lore trailer at the start, and then watching a collab where they go over the lore stuff themselves trying to make sense of it? i have no more energy for teasing and slow-drip content

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

motoh posted:

You're being a useful idiot for a troll practice that won't stop till vtubers as a topic are forbidden from SA.

See you in a month when you pull the trigger for them.

i wonder why fluffdaddy may have posted in a slightly aggressive manner here and there

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"

ol yeller posted:

woah, this thread blew up :stare: anyway, I'm curling up with some red wine and some kronii clips, if anyone has any other recs please let me know. I love chilling out with these talented ladies! :kimchi:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjXXn8xRGGo

Kata-Haro
Oct 21, 2010

RubberLuffy posted:

gently caress me there it is. Cover's been playing the long game.

Wudz
Aug 19, 2005

*LATEST FAD

Wark Say posted:

Also holy poo poo, this thread can move hella fast.
hopefully it can move fast enough to self immolate and like a phoenix begin anew with the new rules in place

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Vizuyos posted:

Personally, I think the thing that distinguishes Vtubers from previous instances of people acting out animated characters is the tracking tech. It's a big part of what allows it to be live entertainment rather than pre-recorded videos, because the digital puppeteering can be done on the fly in real-time even when the actor's hands are occupied with something else (like a game controller).

That isn't to say that all Vtubing has to be live, there's plenty of Vtubers who do LPs and other pre-recorded content. But being able to catch live reactions, vs having to plan and script out movements to go with your content after the fact, is a definitive difference IMO.

*nods in understanding*

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Kata-Haro posted:

gently caress me there it is. Cover's been playing the long game.

I saw on Reddit that it was just added actually.

Kata-Haro
Oct 21, 2010

Well that's less fun

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

They might be the equivalent of A-Chan. They're twitter profile say they're from Hololive Productions.

It feels like a strange departure from normal operations to suddenly create a character for management like that, existing management characters have wound up being created internally by the talent.

This person may be a Ryushen-type. Vocaloids have been cultivating producers/songwriters in search of singers for a while.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Roth posted:

*nods in understanding*

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
I really like Omega's design (maybe not whatever's going on with the shoes, but the rest is great so I'll let it pass) and if this is a touchpoint between the staff and the talent like A-chan like suggested that'd be fun. (Omega rather than A/alpha? I can see it)

Of course, this could just be an "ordinary" 6th member along the precedent that IRyS set and, hey, additions to the five-man-band formula (which Cover seems to like sticking to when recruiting) are age old. Still, makes me wonder how they'll handle Gen 6 on the Japanese side

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
When people are getting probed for posting tweets and quotes from the talents themselves it's a bit off.

The new debuts were all fantastic, if a bit nervous. Excited to check out their next streams.

Edit: Like of course things are going to sound weird when people are posting quotes from an ongoing livestream. The context is in the stream that half the people in the thread are watching.

Zeron fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Aug 23, 2021

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
Anyway. 4 minutes until Petra gets lost and dies in another open world crafting game, but with Selen instead of Finana to try and protect her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KHmBMAUW24

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I'm going to take the extremely low-risk guess that Omega is a representative of the 'gods' the Council lore videos kept referring to.

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Aug 23, 2021

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Kata-Haro posted:

Well that's less fun

What is fun is that their twitter account was made in May, while the council's were all made in June.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kata-Haro
Oct 21, 2010

I really like that Omega has the Hololive triangle for a halo. It's a neat design choice.