Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Roth posted:

*nods in understanding*

streamer: points a camera at their room. probably should have shaved. typically sequesters themselves to a specific space in a layout frame
vtuber: puppets a cartoon they dead rear end put in the corner right over their game in front of god and everyone
strongbad: aiming a camera directly at their computer screen

strongbad is thus a dailymotion-era lets player

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
I missed almost all of the intro streams live, and i'm catching up now but i'm glad we have another wave of huge dorks to represent the english speaking part of Hololive.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
It'd be neat if instead of a vsinger or whatever else, Omega is a vproducer.

Since there's so much music being made, an inhouse producer would be interesting to have.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Its wild that cover spent so much time and money creating all this lore that's just going to be forgotten in a month.

Kata-Haro
Oct 21, 2010

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

Its wild that cover spent so much time and money creating all this lore that's just going to be forgotten in a month.

I see it a something similar to when FGO blew up for Type/Moon. They were suddenly getting a huge influx of income especially compared to the size of the company at the time.

You gotta aim that money hose somewhere.

It also turned out pretty great for building hype.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013

People keep saying that (I think I might've even said it at one point myself), but like, it doesn't necessarily have to be the case. Calli, for example, is deep in her gimmick and has never dropped it, and although it's more understated, Ame's kept up her lore through stuff like the Small Ame being a separate timeline.

I do think it's quite possible for them to keep up on the lore, especially since they've been making a MUCH stronger push for the lore than they ever did before.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

RubberLuffy posted:

It'd be neat if instead of a vsinger or whatever else, Omega is a vproducer.

Since there's so much music being made, an inhouse producer would be interesting to have.

You know, we were all joking about HoloEN2 being cosmic force concepts. And then when they went crazy lore with the teasers leading up to IRyS and Council we started joking about concept albums. What if this actually IS the underpinnings of a concept album Omega's doing?

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Merchhh

https://twitter.com/hololive_En/status/1429631981986500608?s=20

Badingading
Sep 2, 2011

The lore is silly but fine in a "fun for flavor but don't take it seriously" way. I do think it's hilarious that even the Council crew looked at the teaser trailers and had no idea what was going on, though.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

DanielCross posted:

People keep saying that (I think I might've even said it at one point myself), but like, it doesn't necessarily have to be the case. Calli, for example, is deep in her gimmick and has never dropped it, and although it's more understated, Ame's kept up her lore through stuff like the Small Ame being a separate timeline.

I do think it's quite possible for them to keep up on the lore, especially since they've been making a MUCH stronger push for the lore than they ever did before.

This is true. I could see Sana and Hakos especially keeping up their kayfabe, in large part because they are soooo into their concept just inherently.

Ame's timeline lore has only been getting wilder over time, it's great. Even Gura's gotten back into her lore in a big way recently, with her primal Gawr side explicitly condemning/hating the cute fluffy shark she's become.

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

DanielCross posted:

Amelia's in the bizarre position in that while she does a lot of "lore" stuff it's rarely anything that was mentioned around her debut and I'm still undecided if things went "she was given the clock motif because she was always secretly a time traveller" or "she made up the time travel stuff because she already had the clock motif"

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
they were pretty much making GBS threads on the lore in their stream i don't think they'll stick too much to it

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

They might be the equivalent of A-Chan. They're twitter profile say they're from Hololive Productions.

It's Yagoo/ENma/the Calli specific manager.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Similar topic, I like how Korone’s lore is that she’s a wholesome dog that supposedly works in a bakery, but she just made up her own stuff like wanting fingers and listener-san and pepper coffee and all that stuff that stuck way better than forcing a preset gimmick.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
thread moving way too fast

Viridiant posted:

This thread can't stop touching the poop so it's pretty pointless now tbh. Used to be a good place to go to chill out but it's not really good for that anymore and hasn't been for months. Everytime it starts to calm down it starts up again.
I don't think that's true. when the "no digging up previous identities etc" rules were implemented, there hasn't been a single instance of that since, right? there's been plenty of improvement, there's just room for more yet.

Roth posted:

What about Strongbad?
I believe there is actually a video that was posted upthread of a strongbad vtuber model

I really love the idea of Mei doing history streams, especially if she goes real hard on serious stuff you've probably never heard of before if you only learned history in school for the most part. hopefully Sana will do space facts streams, get some educational content mixed in with the game streaming. ame's wildlife streams are fantastic.

510rems
Mar 26, 2010
if you like lore, you'll love "Legend of Polka"

the best original programming on hololive, airing every thursday on Polka Ch.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Anyway the most important news of the day just dropped. Ame's back!

https://twitter.com/watsonameliaEN/status/1429643663143964680?s=20

DelilahFlowers
Jan 10, 2020

OPEN THE GATES JULIAS!

I WANT TO POST!

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
can't decide which lore is more nonsense, holo council's or doom eternal's

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eALxSRuSVKc

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
man I really hope GirlDM joins vshojo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEhVKE36d3A&hd=1

she's got incredible delivery.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
Gen 2 thread is already dead, after only a single month. We once more must go through the trials of the first couple pages being full of classic clips

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Doesn't really matter too much if they stick with their gimmicks, but seeing the council work out their chemistry is going to be good.

Out of all of them: I just want to see what Mumei does with history streams, because there is SO MUCH potential there and I want to see this owl nerd out about it. Game-wise she could go for the easy stuff like Civilization, but you could take games like God of War, Assassin's Creed, and somewhat more niche ones like Crusader Kings, Nioh, and Illusion of Gaia and focus on the history and mythology that they touch on.

Not gonna lie, that's exactly what I would do as a vtuber, but someone who's already got recognition going this route would be a delight to watch.

Aside from that, I'm probably gonna be glued to Hakos streams because she's such an absolute cartoon character already, and the energy is incredible.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Captain Invictus posted:

I really love the idea of Mei doing history streams, especially if she goes real hard on serious stuff you've probably never heard of before if you only learned history in school for the most part.

As someone who sat through three years of upper-level college history courses, not because it was leading to any lucrative career, but just because I found the topics fascinating, hell yeah.

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

Wudz posted:

something about kronii's model and rigging remind me of veibae, specifically in the way the face moves

NOW you're the Boss Baby

Jesus christ this was a long time ago thread wise, but i imagine kronii moves a bit like veibae because their share a rigger

https://twitter.com/keffiy

along with watame, polka, coco's 2nd model, ollie, and aki.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
New thread is open.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3977256

Please leave behind the SA Drama and discuss V-tubers there. Good night Gen 2 thread.