Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

trying to jack off posted:

not everyone knows the entire sonic cast, some of us came from happy homes

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
i was 1v2ing noobs the whole game. holy christ this game is so sick.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
got a couple rounds in with ninetails and snorlax, both seem beastly

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Can you play as every pokemon in this game?

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pewdiepie posted:

Can you play as every pokemon in this game?

Yeah.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
The game reconnects to the server like 5 seconds after you wake your switch it’s cool

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

AverySpecialfriend posted:

The game reconnects to the server like 5 seconds after you wake your switch it’s cool

Oh my God.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Holy poo poo!

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

241871G
add me

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Crustle looks badass.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i beasted my first solo pubby game. 10 kills 2 assists, 168 Energy or w/e.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

twitch.tv/wormskull High Level Crustle PLay

very nice i like
Jan 8, 2020

I CANT RESIST SHITTING UP THE BIG BOOBS THREAD WITH MY RANDOM FUCKING MONKEY CHEESE BULLSHIT! IF YOU SEE ME, FUCK ME UP.
the cycle begins once again :dukedog:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I still haven’t learned how to understand the flow of these kinds of games so I need to know to things. One is what the he’ll am I supposed to worry about the most for the first quarter and also if I’m a Defender am I supposed to be starting poo poo off. And if so how do I know when that’s appropriate. Something I always find about these games is I feel like I miss what I’m supposed to pay attention to and then I’m always doing the wrong thing or my timing is bad. Am I just supposed to use the wall and then let other people go in and mop up before entering myself. I’m struggling to know how I could Defend someone if I had to besides a stun or a wall or if that’s it. I have the concept of tanking in these games all wrong.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Also maybe it’s my controller but does anyone else have a problem with there guy doing a 180 at the end of putting in the move input. Lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I’ve been helplessly confused by these things in MOBAs For years like a total moron so I neeed a League Gods help stat.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
Well, I've played alot Heroes of the Storm, I think this game shares alot in common with it, so I'd imagine some of the roles match up. I played a ton of Tank, so I think my advice might apply. Ive tried Crusted a bit.

A defender is pretty equivalent to a tank, so you're probably expected to place yourself physically in front of your weaker allies, like I'd imagine slow ranged attackers like Ninetales. You just protect them or setup kills. Rock Tomb on Crustle seems pretty good and flexible in that regard, I haven't tried Stealth Rock.

Another thing a defender wants to do is act as a scout, pickup orbs that are dangerous for your teammates to. If you're doing that, maybe position yourself in a bush at location that flanks the lane your closest, and save your disruptive abilities for when your buddies get jumped on, like X-Scissor, since that pushes guys away, and takes some timing since its short range. You can also disrupt people that are switching lanes this way, or catch them alone and take them down if they go through the middle. Shell Smash seems good for that, and escaping as well.

This game is a bit different though in its nuances. I imagine that focusing on getting XP is for the best in the early minutes so you can get your moves and evolve. Once you got your unite move, maybe you can be more aggressive, can try to score with your team or defend against a big play from the enemy team.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

When I’m in front of my team I feel like they all disappear or die instantly By the time the fighting starts so I think my timing is insanely bad but I don’t want to be too cautious due to getting flamed in CS for baiting on accident.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Wormskull posted:

When I’m in front of my team I feel like they all disappear or die instantly By the time the fighting starts so I think my timing is insanely bad but I don’t want to be too cautious due to getting flamed in CS for baiting on accident.

I feel like part of this is that the 10 year olds playing the game don’t really worry about fighting as a team a lot of the time unless everyone’s loaded with points they wanna dunk and will back off if they see more than 1-2 enemies. At least early on in the game.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Anyone got the clip of me throwing my controller at the wall so someone can tell me if their having a similar Input Bug.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

If it’s this drat controller I’m going to go to Japan and beat Lord Rogers rear end.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
I’m using this guy’s control settings and havent really had any issues. ill occasionally autotarget a little lovely mob over an enemy still but whatever
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwapABI5Pzo

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

10 mimit limit plus surrender makes this the best MOBA on gods green earth.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Split cheeks with Talonflame during the tutorial.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

HolePisser1982 posted:

I’m using this guy’s control settings and havent really had any issues. ill occasionally autotarget a little lovely mob over an enemy still but whatever
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwapABI5Pzo

Turn on advanced attack if you haven’t so you can do b button to auto mobs and a for opponents

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
biggest control change u can make is definitely switching from Basic to Advanced controls (A button targets players, B button targets mobs)

edit: mother FUCKER

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

AverySpecialfriend posted:

Turn on advanced attack if you haven’t so you can do b button to auto mobs and a for opponents

Epic.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyRFGxncuAk

Uh oh, didn't realize you could upgrade items like this...

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Anyway I'm 6P7CCQ7 if anyone wants to play. My garchomp is a beast

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ROBO_ERECTUS posted:

Sounds like it's time to pay up.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I saw that earlier and it really put me off it lol. No wonder some teams were just instantly killing us off the bat

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I saw that earlier and it really put me off it lol. No wonder some teams were just instantly killing us off the bat

I didn't see this until a gengar quad killed and stole zapdos from my team so now I'm pretty sure this is what that was

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Anyone got the clip of me throwing my controller at the wall so someone can tell me if their having a similar Input Bug.

https://clips.twitch.tv/GiftedAbrasiveFennelKlappa-PgeIlFBIjvUM9vog

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It doesn’t show the context. gently caress.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Lol

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

ROBO_ERECTUS posted:

Ahhh well then. That seriously bums me out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Wormskull posted:

It doesn’t show the context. gently caress.

The input bug was hosed up and it kept happening too.